Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JDflowergirl
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JDflowergirl » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Happy your JS2s went well...good luck to those interviewing tomorrow.

deluxe
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby deluxe » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 pm

I got the JS1 notification yesterday..I am an international student and my interview is scheduled Friday morning.
3.8x+173 with some grad school background.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Hmm...a Friday morning interview throws off my idea for Friday JS2s. Perhaps Friday afternoon?

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby pupshaw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:39 am

Doorkeeper wrote:Hmm...a Friday morning interview throws off my idea for Friday JS2s. Perhaps Friday afternoon?


Let's hope so, or we're in for a long, stressful weekend.

User avatar
JDflowergirl
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JDflowergirl » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:55 am

I guess that's 14!

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Elendil » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:06 am

There were no additional interviews between the initial wave and the late August wave last year, were there...?

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:15 am

deluxe wrote:I got the JS1 notification yesterday..I am an international student and my interview is scheduled Friday morning.
3.8x+173 with some grad school background.


FFFFUUUUUUUUU, Elendil, we missed that one too :D

Congrats to you, deluxe! At least some international pride :)

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:22 am

cerealdan wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:Hmm...a Friday morning interview throws off my idea for Friday JS2s. Perhaps Friday afternoon?


Let's hope so, or we're in for a long, stressful weekend.


eeeek. Also, I am down for GOT parties in cambridge :D

User avatar
JDflowergirl
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JDflowergirl » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:24 am

Elendil wrote:There were no additional interviews between the initial wave and the late August wave last year, were there...?


Looking at past years there were definitely interviews between the first wave and August. Those 'waves' were never as big as the first one but a couple of people got in.

neuropol
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby neuropol » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:08 am

Did anyone ask or get an indication of when they'd hear back?

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby snehpets » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:27 am

Seeing this thread on my "view your posts" is giving me anxiety. Can't wait for this process to be over.

I want all the people waiting to get a JS1 so it's a "we're all in this together" sort of thing. The WL thread seems small for the number of people who are probably on it btw.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:07 pm

snehpets wrote:Seeing this thread on my "view your posts" is giving me anxiety. Can't wait for this process to be over.

I want all the people waiting to get a JS1 so it's a "we're all in this together" sort of thing. The WL thread seems small for the number of people who are probably on it btw.



Make this happen for me, snehpets. I'm counting on you.

edits
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby edits » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:21 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
snehpets wrote:Seeing this thread on my "view your posts" is giving me anxiety. Can't wait for this process to be over.

I want all the people waiting to get a JS1 so it's a "we're all in this together" sort of thing. The WL thread seems small for the number of people who are probably on it btw.



Make this happen for me, snehpets. I'm counting on you.


+1. I've lost most of my hope though

User avatar
Kring345
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Kring345 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:22 pm

snehpets wrote: The WL thread seems small for the number of people who are probably on it btw.

Lots of people just monitoring from the sidelines probably. Like me, for example.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Mr. Somebody » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Kring345 wrote:
snehpets wrote: The WL thread seems small for the number of people who are probably on it btw.

Lots of people just monitoring from the sidelines probably. Like me, for example.


+1

I'm on it, I just would feel really presumptuous by even posting in this prestigious thread.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby snehpets » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:43 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
Kring345 wrote:
snehpets wrote: The WL thread seems small for the number of people who are probably on it btw.

Lots of people just monitoring from the sidelines probably. Like me, for example.


+1

I'm on it, I just would feel really presumptuous by even posting in this prestigious thread.


I may be the least prestigious person on this entire site and I've been dumping my angst on this thread regularly. Post away!

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
Kring345 wrote:
snehpets wrote: The WL thread seems small for the number of people who are probably on it btw.

Lots of people just monitoring from the sidelines probably. Like me, for example.


+1

I'm on it, I just would feel really presumptuous by even posting in this preftigious thread clusterfuck of angst.


Yea, word.

errmsg
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby errmsg » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Another observer. I honestly would have thought that given the later timeframe compared to past years, they would have gone ahead with combined JS1/JS2s... guess not, sigh.

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby adam1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:48 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
Kring345 wrote:
snehpets wrote: The WL thread seems small for the number of people who are probably on it btw.

Lots of people just monitoring from the sidelines probably. Like me, for example.


+1

I'm on it, I just would feel really presumptuous by even posting in this prestigious thread.


This is a waitlist of peasants.

User avatar
rotaxkarter
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby rotaxkarter » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:49 pm

neuropol wrote:Did anyone ask or get an indication of when they'd hear back?


I asked and got the expected answer of ASAP.

Hate it when after an interview you leave knowing you could have answered better. *Sigh. Now the wait...

errmsg
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby errmsg » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:58 pm

sigh it just seems so cruel that they would interview someone off the waitlist just to let them down again...(not saying this has happened, but just the possibility)

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:03 pm

errmsg wrote:sigh it just seems so cruel that they would interview someone off the waitlist just to let them down again...(not saying this has happened, but just the possibility)


i am hoping and praying this is the case. if they're bothering to call you off the waitlist then hopefully they'll let us in :p

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby adam1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
errmsg wrote:sigh it just seems so cruel that they would interview someone off the waitlist just to let them down again...(not saying this has happened, but just the possibility)


i am hoping and praying this is the case. if they're bothering to call you off the waitlist then hopefully they'll let us in :p


They're going to call you. I promise. Pessimistically (or what some of the pessimists around would call realistically), your chances went from 5-15% to 90-100%. I think things are looking up.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:16 pm

cerealdan wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:Hmm...a Friday morning interview throws off my idea for Friday JS2s. Perhaps Friday afternoon?


Let's hope so, or we're in for a long, stressful weekend.


I really hope its this week because if not this will be one loooooong weekend...the second after my interview, the day felt like it was moving slower..

errmsg
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby errmsg » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:35 am

new day - good luck to all who are having their JS1s today and hopefully there will be good news for the rest. fingers crossed.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, amberb94, fscow1022, Houzy, JosefK, Motionsinlemons and 23 guests