Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby pupshaw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:52 pm

JS1!

also, lol'd at:

adam1 wrote:
Still waiting for the first reported KRS-1

edits
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby edits » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:56 pm

When did you get the email? Congrats everyone!

User avatar
JDflowergirl
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JDflowergirl » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:00 pm

9!

JournalismToLaw
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JournalismToLaw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Congrats everyone!

Certainly looks like they haven't been following the high-GPA pattern of past years. Looks like just about everyone so far has high LSAT (plus good GPAs).

marcellus
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby marcellus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Congratulations and best wishes to the 9 recent JS1s! And may many more be announced!

mnkybtlr
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby mnkybtlr » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Just a heads-up - I just heard from another TLSer who's reluctant to out him/herself, and we've got another TLS JS1 coming up this week. Stats are 3/7x, 174, non-URM, non-international, interesting work experience. Thought everyone would want to know.

User avatar
JDflowergirl
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JDflowergirl » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:04 pm

10!

arez
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby arez » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Also got a JS1 this morning with similar numbers to those who have already reported JS1s today. Unexpected but exciting!!

User avatar
adika86
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby adika86 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Congrats everyone and good luck!

User avatar
JDflowergirl
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JDflowergirl » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:16 pm

11! (as long as arez wasn't the mystery JS1 from earlier)

So Happy for you all..NOW THIS IS A WAVE!!!

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby snehpets » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:28 pm

.
Last edited by snehpets on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JDflowergirl
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JDflowergirl » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:35 pm

snehpets wrote:The (relatively) high number of people getting these really takes some of the pressure off.



lol..how?

User avatar
Md814
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Md814 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Just got the JS1 email!!! Absolutely cannot believe it.

Non-URM, straight from undergrad, 173, 3.8x. :lol:

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby adam1 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Poll: who thinks I'm in trouble if I don't get an email by the end of the day?

Oops: CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby icedflames » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:46 pm

adam1 wrote:Poll: who thinks I'm in trouble if I don't get an email by the end of the day?

Oops: CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!


I think this might be the end if we don't get an interview by the end of today, but there's always tomorrow!

It looks like they are going with 173+ with decent GPAs?

User avatar
JDflowergirl
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JDflowergirl » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:50 pm

12!!!

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:53 pm

icedflames wrote:
adam1 wrote:Poll: who thinks I'm in trouble if I don't get an email by the end of the day?

Oops: CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!


I think this might be the end if we don't get an interview by the end of today, but there's always tomorrow!

It looks like they are going with 173+ with decent GPAs?


I think if we don't get emails today, we should abandon hope for health reasons. This is about the size of last year's wave, and after that wave.... Well, you can go read the thread and see the depression for yourselves :D

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby masked kavana » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Hmm the URM wave seemed surprisingly small..

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Can someone please post a FOREVER ALONE meme on my behalf? Thanks! :D

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby snehpets » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:50 pm

hypothalamus wrote:Can someone please post a FOREVER ALONE meme on my behalf? Thanks! :D


Hahaha, pretty sure you're my favorite poster on TLS. There's still time left today!

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby pupshaw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Others who got JS1s, did you respond to the email?

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:53 pm

snehpets wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:Can someone please post a FOREVER ALONE meme on my behalf? Thanks! :D


Hahaha, pretty sure you're my favorite poster on TLS. There's still time left today!


I still don't know how to insert an image, so instead ===> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iCPewExEho

Literally, all the people I love on TLS/in this thread got interview requests except for me. I guess only soj and I will be going to NYU :D

JournalismToLaw
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JournalismToLaw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:54 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
icedflames wrote:
adam1 wrote:Poll: who thinks I'm in trouble if I don't get an email by the end of the day?

Oops: CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!


I think this might be the end if we don't get an interview by the end of today, but there's always tomorrow!

It looks like they are going with 173+ with decent GPAs?


I think if we don't get emails today, we should abandon hope for health reasons. This is about the size of last year's wave, and after that wave.... Well, you can go read the thread and see the depression for yourselves :D


I just took a look - that sure gets depressing towards the end. I'm already giving up hope based on the LSAT numbers of those getting interview requests so far. I was banking on the high GPA trend of past years... :(

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby snehpets » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:58 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
snehpets wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:Can someone please post a FOREVER ALONE meme on my behalf? Thanks! :D


Hahaha, pretty sure you're my favorite poster on TLS. There's still time left today!


I still don't know how to insert an image, so instead ===> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iCPewExEho

Literally, all the people I love on TLS/in this thread got interview requests except for me. I guess only soj and I will be going to NYU :D


Wait soj picked NYU?

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:03 pm

snehpets wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
snehpets wrote:Hahaha, pretty sure you're my favorite poster on TLS. There's still time left today!


I still don't know how to insert an image, so instead ===> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iCPewExEho

Literally, all the people I love on TLS/in this thread got interview requests except for me. I guess only soj and I will be going to NYU :D


Wait soj picked NYU?


Wait, where else would soj be going????




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, BACsop, BruiseWillis, jjcorvino, LAW1995, proteinshake, studyingeveryday and 40 guests