Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yepyepyep

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby yepyepyep » Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Guess yesterday's wave ended.
What days were your interviews scheduled for, so we know when to expect the second wave? I'm guessing it'll be after that.

soleilik

Postby soleilik » Thu May 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi everyone. Congrats to all the JS1s!!!

Tomorrow is my deadline to officially accept Berkeley's offer (and by accepting, you are required to withdraw all of your other applications immediately). When I was responding to Harvard's waitlist email, I did not specify June 1st as my deadline for riding the waitlist (which I regret). I was planning to withdraw from the waitlist today, but as the movement began yesterday, I can't help but wonder if I would actually have a chance if I didn't withdraw today.
I was thinking about calling Harvard Admissions, but I don't see what good could come out of that since I haven't even had the phone interview yet... Don't know what to do. Anyone else in the same boat?

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Thu May 31, 2012 7:31 pm

soleilik wrote:Hi everyone. Congrats to all the JS1s!!!

Tomorrow is my deadline to officially accept Berkeley's offer (and by accepting, you are required to withdraw all of your other applications immediately). When I was responding to Harvard's waitlist email, I did not specify June 1st as my deadline for riding the waitlist (which I regret). I was planning to withdraw from the waitlist today, but as the movement began yesterday, I can't help but wonder if I would actually have a chance if I didn't withdraw today.
I was thinking about calling Harvard Admissions, but I don't see what good could come out of that since I haven't even had the phone interview yet... Don't know what to do. Anyone else in the same boat?

Dude(t), I am a fellow 0L not even applying to next cycle, but my opinion is, if today is the last day, the only options are call and experience some type of magic, or call and have the same output as not calling.

Kran23

Postby Kran23 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:36 pm

Got an email for a JS1 today at 4:43 Eastern time, scheduled for next week.

Anyone have any ideas on what they typically ask and want to talk about?

JDflowergirl

Postby JDflowergirl » Thu May 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Kran23 wrote:Got an email for a JS1 today at 4:43 Eastern time, scheduled for next week.

Anyone have any ideas on what they typically ask and want to talk about?

congrats! when is your interview?

Also she might ask
-why harvard?
-why law?
-what have u been doing since you applied?
-have you considered taking working before law school? (this one depends on if you just graduated)
-do u have any questions for me?

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu May 31, 2012 11:45 pm

Elendil wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:On my phone sobi couldnt quote the above, but im not surprised if i said something stupid. at the time i knew i wudnt be attending most likely even if i was offered a spot cuz i had already deffered at columbia. im not sure if i mentioned that to jr on th phone but like i said this was before i got smart about the process haha. so this time around i will be MAKING sure to communicate that i want harvard soooo bad :p

Also more js1's in this thread please :)

edit: also please excuse the atrocious typing :p

...aren't you required to attend the following year if you defer? I didn't realize that you could reapply the following cycle!

you're not!! Haha i had to withdraw from columbia. looong story haha PM me if you'd like details :)

Also someone above asked, my JS1 is scheduled for Tuesday June 5th, got the email yesterday at 4:30pmish

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:22 am

So URMs on Wed and a couple of high scorers yesterday. More to come on Friday? I'm freaking out just a bit...

yepyepyep

Postby yepyepyep » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:23 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Elendil wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:On my phone sobi couldnt quote the above, but im not surprised if i said something stupid. at the time i knew i wudnt be attending most likely even if i was offered a spot cuz i had already deffered at columbia. im not sure if i mentioned that to jr on th phone but like i said this was before i got smart about the process haha. so this time around i will be MAKING sure to communicate that i want harvard soooo bad :p

Also more js1's in this thread please :)

edit: also please excuse the atrocious typing :p

...aren't you required to attend the following year if you defer? I didn't realize that you could reapply the following cycle!

you're not!! Haha i had to withdraw from columbia. looong story haha PM me if you'd like details :)

Also someone above asked, my JS1 is scheduled for Tuesday June 5th, got the email yesterday at 4:30pmish

Thanks! Good luck!
My theory about the next wave was debunked in a hurry...seems like people got some today too. So there will continue to be hope every day.

JDflowergirl

Postby JDflowergirl » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:38 am

Doorkeeper wrote:So URMs on Wed and a couple of high scorers yesterday. More to come on Friday? I'm freaking out just a bit...

i dont think there is any real pattern at all...mista bojangles is not a urm but he got an invite on wed...i think they are just pulling people with high gpas

ALso it does not seem like they are re-interviewing people on the WL who already had their JS1s..they will prob just give them JS2 without interviewing again. Also if you look at last years WL thread you it appears that in the 1st round of WL movement 9 or 10 of the 16 admitted did not have JR1s prior to being Waitlisted. I think that might serve as a benchmark for this thread
Last edited by JDflowergirl on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

yepyepyep

Postby yepyepyep » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:32 am

JDflowergirl wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:So URMs on Wed and a couple of high scorers yesterday. More to come on Friday? I'm freaking out just a bit...

i dont think there is any real pattern at all...mista bojangles is not a urm but he got an invite on wed...i think they are just pulling people with high gpas

Yeah...or maybe first high on both numbers, since mr.boj and kran are pretty high on both numbers. I guess the borderlines will come out in a bit, but they'll take good numbers on both first.

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:45 am

yepyepyep wrote:
JDflowergirl wrote:

Yeah...or maybe first high on both numbers, since mr.boj and kran are pretty high on both numbers. I guess the borderlines will come out in a bit, but they'll take good numbers on both first.

I hope they'll still need some high lsats.

merrill45

Postby merrill45 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:07 am

Do we know the total number of people who were accepted off the WL last year or any other year?

JournalismToLaw

Postby JournalismToLaw » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:07 am

yepyepyep wrote:
JDflowergirl wrote:

Seems like high on both numbers to me based on the non-URM ones so far.

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:17 am

merrill45 wrote:Do we know the total number of people who were accepted off the WL last year or any other year?

I dont think anybody knows the actual number of this, HLS keeps it on the hush.

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Since 4pm is approaching. I'm hoping more people get JS1s

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:16 pm

sharktankdean wrote:Since 4pm is approaching. I'm hoping more people get JS1s

Hoping . . . but growing doubtful :(

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:25 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:Since 4pm is approaching. I'm hoping more people get JS1s

Hoping . . . but growing doubtful :(

Seems like 3:30-5:00PM is the sweet spot for JS1's lately so I wouldn't give up hope yet...

mikeylikesit

Postby mikeylikesit » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:55 pm

JDflowergirl wrote:
ALso it does not seem like they are re-interviewing people on the WL who already had their JS1s..they will prob just give them JS2 without interviewing again. Also if you look at last years WL thread you it appears that in the 1st round of WL movement 9 or 10 of the 16 admitted did not have JR1s prior to being Waitlisted. I think that might serve as a benchmark for this thread

Just wondering - - what makes you think that? (bolded part)

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:58 pm

mikeylikesit wrote:
JDflowergirl wrote:

+1. No precedent for this as far as I know... usually if you get waitlisted you need to interview again, even if it's a JS1/JS2.

Mvtmhbbt

Postby Mvtmhbbt » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm a KB1->WL. I went over the 2010 and 2011 threads a while back to get an idea of what to expect. I think a few people in the 2010 thread reported JR1->WL->JR2. Can't look back to confirm right now though.

chellypip

Postby chellypip » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:27 pm

has anyone heard anything today? sigh i have become sadly addicted to this forum... :?

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:30 pm

chellypip wrote:has anyone heard anything today? sigh i have become sadly addicted to this forum... :?

Nothing for me...

JDflowergirl

Postby JDflowergirl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:45 am

Elendil wrote:
mikeylikesit wrote:
JDflowergirl wrote:

+1. No precedent for this as far as I know... usually if you get waitlisted you need to interview again, even if it's a JS1/JS2.

the 2010 thread...but every dean does things differently...if you read the 2010 WL thread it looks like JR stirred things up a bit in his 1st year.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:16 am

So are we thinking more KB1s at the beginning of next week, or has the first wave ended?

JDflowergirl

Postby JDflowergirl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 am

Doorkeeper wrote:So are we thinking more KB1s at the beginning of next week, or has the first wave ended?

I don't think anyone can tell..some could go out on monday...but even though the first TLS interviews are on Tuesday no one knows if some non- TLS folks have interviews on Monday. But Harvard does not look like its in a hurry to fill its class so there may be less waves and many trickles...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”