Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Wed May 02, 2012 10:55 am

Welcome, fingerscrossed and Doorkeeper!

Soooo..... What do you write in a LOCI? Haven't sent any. Anyone who wants to PM me advice is welcome :)

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Elendil » Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 am

So guys... what do you think? KB1s tomorrow...? :lol:

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Elendil wrote:So guys... what do you think? KB1s tomorrow...? :lol:


haha PLEASE! that would be so awesome

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Wed May 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Elendil wrote:So guys... what do you think? KB1s tomorrow...? :lol:



lol thats waaaaaay too soon...i doubt they have calculated their yield (which i hope is reallly low) from those that made deposits yesterday...plus they still have the May 15th deposit deadline for those who heard later

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed May 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Elendil wrote:So guys... what do you think? KB1s tomorrow...? :lol:

hahahahahaha.

I'm thinking first KB1s go out the week of the 14th or the 21st.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Wed May 02, 2012 12:18 pm

looked at lsn last year had about 1 and a half pages of WL....we havent even hit a whole page yet...there are def still more to come

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Wed May 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Elendil wrote:So guys... what do you think? KB1s tomorrow...? :lol:

hahahahahaha.

I'm thinking first KB1s go out the week of the 14th or the 21st.



even though i hope they come earlier...this is prob a good estimate...now to figure out what to do while i wait...

edits
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby edits » Wed May 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Elendil wrote:So guys... what do you think? KB1s tomorrow...? :lol:

hahahahahaha.

I'm thinking first KB1s go out the week of the 14th or the 21st.


based on the rest of this cycle, the first and only WL-> KB1s will be in three waves, starting the day before classes start and ending after classes have begun...

I hope I didn't just jinx it :shock:

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Wed May 02, 2012 12:22 pm

I'll join the fun. Anyone else give a specific date that they'd like to be pulled from the list?

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Mr. Somebody » Wed May 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Wait listed!!! Super excited

User avatar
Kring345
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Kring345 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Tag! :D

User avatar
chellypip
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:22 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby chellypip » Wed May 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Wait listed!!! Super excited


+1

Istayedhere
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:44 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Istayedhere » Wed May 02, 2012 2:16 pm

I'm pretty sure this is not excitement I'm feeling...

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby icedflames » Wed May 02, 2012 2:26 pm

checking in! happy to be on WL instead of just an outright ding

Kran23
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Kran23 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Got my WL yesterday too.

User avatar
RopeisaJoke
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby RopeisaJoke » Wed May 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Just got the WL, thinking about visiting and writing another LOCI. Has anyone done this and do you think it's a good idea/bad idea? Is it too late? Would it make a difference? I have basically nothing to write in a second LOCI if I don't visit...

User avatar
Parmenides
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Parmenides » Wed May 02, 2012 4:41 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:I'll join the fun. Anyone else give a specific date that they'd like to be pulled from the list?


When they're ready to switch me to the accepted list.

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Wed May 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Parmenides wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:I'll join the fun. Anyone else give a specific date that they'd like to be pulled from the list?


When they're ready to switch me to the accepted list.


That's what I assumed to be the given response, but I figured there'd be some other people putting an actual date to hurry up the decision (even if it's more likely to be negative). The email made it seem like that wasn't terribly uncommon.

User avatar
Parmenides
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Parmenides » Wed May 02, 2012 6:52 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:
Parmenides wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:I'll join the fun. Anyone else give a specific date that they'd like to be pulled from the list?


When they're ready to switch me to the accepted list.


That's what I assumed to be the given response, but I figured there'd be some other people putting an actual date to hurry up the decision (even if it's more likely to be negative). The email made it seem like that wasn't terribly uncommon.


Maybe by sometime this summer I will decide that by X date I will be too committed to switch to Harvard, but at this point I would just be giving a date to set a sort of ultimatum, and I don't think my position is strong enough for that to be worth while.
Though I wonder, if two people are about even in Harvard's eyes, and a spot opens, will they think, "Applicant B will still be here if a spot opens next month, but A will be gone". And then I try to think about something else.

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby yepyepyep » Thu May 03, 2012 3:08 am

Parmenides wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:
Parmenides wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:I'll join the fun. Anyone else give a specific date that they'd like to be pulled from the list?


When they're ready to switch me to the accepted list.


That's what I assumed to be the given response, but I figured there'd be some other people putting an actual date to hurry up the decision (even if it's more likely to be negative). The email made it seem like that wasn't terribly uncommon.


Maybe by sometime this summer I will decide that by X date I will be too committed to switch to Harvard, but at this point I would just be giving a date to set a sort of ultimatum, and I don't think my position is strong enough for that to be worth while.
Though I wonder, if two people are about even in Harvard's eyes, and a spot opens, will they think, "Applicant B will still be here if a spot opens next month, but A will be gone". And then I try to think about something else.


I think its more likely that they'd say, "This person is totally committed to Harvard, b/c they're willing to go the whole distance. This person didn't...we're more sure that person A would take the spot than person B." I'm not saying that's the only thing they'll look at, but I think the commitment is more highly prized.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Thu May 03, 2012 9:00 am

^I think it all depends on how KB is feeling...or JS...i would be shocked if she makes a surprise comeback to help with the WL candidates.



Looking back i always wonder if Geneva go her KB1 because after seeing her withdrawal email they were like 'oh shoot she is about to get away, oh my God, lets grab her before she fully commits to the other school..we can't let this gem get away" Or if she got the KB1 because her email was always scheduled to go out on Monday. This would help explain if there are more KB1s and if Harvard is still trying to fill the class.

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Thu May 03, 2012 9:05 am

yepyepyep wrote:I think its more likely that they'd say, "This person is totally committed to Harvard, b/c they're willing to go the whole distance. This person didn't...we're more sure that person A would take the spot than person B." I'm not saying that's the only thing they'll look at, but I think the commitment is more highly prized.


I have a feeling this is more likely too. Shoot.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Take Two » Thu May 03, 2012 9:10 am

Joining in, just accepted my spot on da list

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Thu May 03, 2012 9:22 am

Take Two wrote:Joining in, just accepted my spot on da list


Don't buy into their propaganda and use their terminology! Language is important! Don't let them crush our souls! :D

Instead, say, "I just confirmed the waitlist."

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby adam1 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:37 am

First Post-WL KB1 last year happened today. LOL.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, azaleafire, AZnative, Google Adsense [Bot], neptunian, oliviaj_j, Photomike2, tlsfan13 and 15 guests