Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sharktankdean

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Fri May 25, 2012 10:10 am

And another day begins

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Fri May 25, 2012 10:13 am

sharktankdean wrote:And another day begins

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri May 25, 2012 10:16 am

avd90 wrote:
MichelFoucault wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:
avd90 wrote:for anyone concerned, I'm living in Cambridge now and there were commencement ceremonies at HLS both yesterday and today. That might have caused a distraction in the admissions office. Here's hoping for decisions come tomorrow!

Thanks. But believe me the admissions office has been distracted for way longer than 2 days.

Also u moved to Cambridge already...u don't play. Lol

Yeah thats pretty intense.

ha I'm moving my furniture from brighton to cambridge (like 10 minutes away) because my other lease ended, and rather than move in with my parents for the summer I'm (hopefully) waitressing around here. I found a really great place that allows big dogs, but the lease started this week so I had to compromise. My roommie is living here this summer, so it worked out perfectly. Assuming I can get a job here, I'll be in Cambridge rather than living in my parents' basement. I promise I'm not super crazy intense

Haha this certainly makes sense. I think I just imagined you moving to Cambridge months early so you can acclimatize yourself to the Harvard Campus air and gain an edge over all the other incoming students haha, or something super crazy intense like that hehehe :D

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri May 25, 2012 10:57 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:Haha this certainly makes sense. I think I just imagined you moving to Cambridge months early so you can acclimatize yourself to the Harvard Campus air and gain an edge over all the other incoming students haha, or something super crazy intense like that hehehe :D

Don't mind fingerscrossed - she's on shrooms again... :D

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri May 25, 2012 11:23 am

hypothalamus wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Haha this certainly makes sense. I think I just imagined you moving to Cambridge months early so you can acclimatize yourself to the Harvard Campus air and gain an edge over all the other incoming students haha, or something super crazy intense like that hehehe :D

Hahahaha HEY! How else am I supposed to deal with all this harvard-induced anxiety?? I thought we were all on shrooms?

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri May 25, 2012 11:25 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

Hahahaha HEY! How else am I supposed to deal with all this harvard-induced anxiety?? I thought we were all on shrooms?

I don't judge!! I have a bottle of rum stashed in my desk drawer - for rough mornings... :D

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Fri May 25, 2012 11:33 am

How long do women usually get for maternity leave? I'm seriously thinking that they are waiting for J.S. to come back and deal with the wait list. I have exhausted all other options.

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri May 25, 2012 11:43 am

sharktankdean wrote:How long do women usually get for maternity leave? I'm seriously thinking that they are waiting for J.S. to come back and deal with the wait list. I have exhausted all other options.

Most places give a YEAR! Please God no. But then again K.B came back after what two months? So WHO knows.

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Fri May 25, 2012 11:44 am

sharktankdean wrote:How long do women usually get for maternity leave? I'm seriously thinking that they are waiting for J.S. to come back and deal with the wait list. I have exhausted all other options.

I believe women in Massachusetts are guaranteed at least 8 weeks of maternity leave. According to the HLS blog, JS went out on maternity leave AROUND March 23rd, which would mark her estimated return as either last week or the week before...?

--LinkRemoved--

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri May 25, 2012 11:46 am

They can't possibly be that evil... Can they? :(

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri May 25, 2012 11:54 am

Elendil wrote:

I believe women in Massachusetts are guaranteed at least 8 weeks of maternity leave. According to the HLS blog, JS went out on maternity leave AROUND March 23rd, which would mark her estimated return as either last week or the week before...?

--LinkRemoved--

This would just be SO SO SO cruel. So we'd have to wait for her to start remembering who is even who on th WL. This is a shitshow.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri May 25, 2012 12:00 pm

I just want whoever likes me more to read my application during the WL decisions. Is that too much to ask?

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Fri May 25, 2012 12:09 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:I just want whoever likes me more to read my application during the WL decisions. Is that too much to ask?

At this point i just want my app to be read..I'm not even sure they are doing that.

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri May 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Lol @ thinking adcoms actually read apps, unless by reading you mean look at your row of LSAT, GPA, URM cells on a massive excel spreadsheet :lol:

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Fri May 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Lol @ thinking adcoms actually read apps, unless by reading you mean look at your row of LSAT, GPA, URM cells on a massive excel spreadsheet :lol:

lol. I don't even think they are doing that.

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Fri May 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Also StrictlyBusiness, have they acknowledged the fact that today is your WL deadline? Or have you not heard from them yet?

azgirl514

Postby azgirl514 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:21 pm

just withdrew. Good luck y'all!

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri May 25, 2012 1:29 pm

azgirl514 wrote:just withdrew. Good luck y'all!

God bless you! ....I mean -- I hope you're happy at the school you chose :D

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Fri May 25, 2012 1:37 pm

I find it really disconcerting that HLS doesn't seem to care about losing a handful of highly qualified Boalt enrollees when I'm SURE that they know about the withdrawal stipulation... :?

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri May 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Elendil wrote:

I find it really disconcerting that HLS doesn't seem to care about losing a handful of highly qualified Boalt enrollees when I'm SURE that they know about the withdrawal stipulation... :?

TBF, isn't the deadline June 1st?

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Elendil wrote:

True. But at this rate, best case scenario somebody would have 48 hours to decide.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri May 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Elendil wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
Elendil wrote:

True. But at this rate, best case scenario somebody would have 48 hours to decide.

Well...it is Harvard. They assume pretty much everyone on the WL right now would accept their KB2, if one were to be given. I think that's a fair assumption to make on their part. I wouldn't be surprised if their WL Yield is over 90%.

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Fri May 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Elendil wrote:

I really don't think they care. Other T-10 schools have sent emails to their candidates checking to see if they are still interested. UVA even sends emails with WL updates (if there is class is full or not). HYS are being arrogant as usual. They feel like they have the power at this point they don't need to woo us because they believe that this point we will do whatever it takes to attend. Sometimes I wonder if I want to go to a school that treats people like this...then i remember its Harvard and there is nothing I can do to change it.

yepyepyep

Postby yepyepyep » Fri May 25, 2012 3:19 pm

There will be a day when a deluge of Harvard acceptances takes over this forum and everyone will rejoice.

Just not today. Or Monday.

azgirl514

Postby azgirl514 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:23 pm

haha I am happy with my decision to go with Boalt, although there will always be a part of me wondering if I would have gotten in to Harvard, to be honest. But yeah... I knew that if by some miracle I did get in next week I would only have a few days to decide, which is a *lot* of pressure. I would have wanted to visit the school and I can't do that since I'm in Europe. So basically, I would be giving up Boalt (a school I visited, have friends at, and overall really liked) for Harvard (a huge school, far away from home, with no one I know). Don't get me wrong, it would have been totally worth it in terms of career and prestige, but... law school is going to suck either way, so I figure I might as well do it at a place that I feel comfortable. And it's not like I'm picking between Harvard and Thomas Jefferson School of Law.

Also, there is the tiny little point that I may have never gotten in at all. ;)

But seriously... GOOD LUCK people.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”