Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Elendil » Wed May 16, 2012 11:10 am

JDflowergirl wrote:Good luck guys. I think tomorrow is the last deadline so kb should start sending out emails tomorrow or the day after


I'm guessing emails go out tomorrow, first KB1s on Friday. But my predictions mean nothing at this point, just grasping at straws. 8)

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Wed May 16, 2012 11:52 am

tiger11 wrote:Withdrew on Monday so I hope that opens up space for someone in this forum!


MOAAAR OF THIS!

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Wed May 16, 2012 12:25 pm

tiger11 wrote:Withdrew on Monday so I hope that opens up space for someone in this forum!


Have fun at Stanford!! You can't go wrong there!

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Wed May 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Is now a good time to start posting 9gag.com and iwastesomuchtime.com links? :D

User avatar
adika86
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby adika86 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Elendil wrote:
JDflowergirl wrote:Good luck guys. I think tomorrow is the last deadline so kb should start sending out emails tomorrow or the day after


I'm guessing emails go out tomorrow, first KB1s on Friday. But my predictions mean nothing at this point, just grasping at straws. 8)


I'll take this.

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby yepyepyep » Wed May 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Hey all, so i just heard a friend of friend got in off the Waitlist last week. So apparently they've been trickling out at least since last week. I don't know anything about their stats.

Istayedhere
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:44 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Istayedhere » Wed May 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Hey all, so i just heard a friend of friend got in off the Waitlist last week. So apparently they've been trickling out at least since last week. I don't know anything about their stats.


Could be a late kb2 from the last batch of late kb1s... Or not

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby yepyepyep » Wed May 16, 2012 10:15 pm

Istayedhere wrote:
Hey all, so i just heard a friend of friend got in off the Waitlist last week. So apparently they've been trickling out at least since last week. I don't know anything about their stats.


Could be a late kb2 from the last batch of late kb1s... Or not


Could be. I'm not sure if they were interviewed...But they did get the WL email. Sorry I don't know more info.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Wed May 16, 2012 10:19 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
Istayedhere wrote:
Hey all, so i just heard a friend of friend got in off the Waitlist last week. So apparently they've been trickling out at least since last week. I don't know anything about their stats.


Could be a late kb2 from the last batch of late kb1s... Or not


Could be. I'm not sure if they were interviewed...But they did get the WL email. Sorry I don't know more info.


All hope is dead *breaks down and cries herself to sleep*

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby masked kavana » Wed May 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Time to panic? :(

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed May 16, 2012 11:09 pm

masked kavana wrote:Time to panic? :(


I vote no.

Every year prior to this people from TLS have gotten in off of the waitlist, as have people on LSN. The fact that no one from either site has reported an acceptance/KB1 suggests to me that they haven't hit their waitlist in a serious way, yet.

I think Friday has potential as does next week.

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby yepyepyep » Wed May 16, 2012 11:25 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
masked kavana wrote:Time to panic? :(


I vote no.

Every year prior to this people from TLS have gotten in off of the waitlist, as have people on LSN. The fact that no one from either site has reported an acceptance/KB1 suggests to me that they haven't hit their waitlist in a serious way, yet.

I think Friday has potential as does next week.


I agree. Just b/c there's a trickle doesn't mean the downpour won't still come soon.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed May 16, 2012 11:56 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
Istayedhere wrote:
Hey all, so i just heard a friend of friend got in off the Waitlist last week. So apparently they've been trickling out at least since last week. I don't know anything about their stats.


Could be a late kb2 from the last batch of late kb1s... Or not


Could be. I'm not sure if they were interviewed...But they did get the WL email. Sorry I don't know more info.

Well this just ruined my night.

Fuuuuuuuck.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Thu May 17, 2012 8:57 am

I doubt the WL movement started. I agree with previous posters the WL is to large for us to not have one TLS/LSN WL-admit. And contrary to my previous belief it appears Stanford's rise to #2 did have some effect on the Stanford/Harvard decisions this year. Unless they decide to decrease class size, I would not worry too much.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Elendil » Thu May 17, 2012 9:50 am

sharktankdean wrote:I doubt the WL movement started. I agree with previous posters the WL is to large for us to not have one TLS/LSN WL-admit. And contrary to my previous belief it appears Stanford's rise to #2 did have some effect on the Stanford/Harvard decisions this year. Unless they decide to decrease class size, I would not worry too much.


+1. At first I saw that WL report and started to panic. And then I remembered that it's an unverified report from a friend of a friend of a TLS poster. Sorry man. :wink:

edits
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby edits » Thu May 17, 2012 10:02 am

Elendil wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:I doubt the WL movement started. I agree with previous posters the WL is to large for us to not have one TLS/LSN WL-admit. And contrary to my previous belief it appears Stanford's rise to #2 did have some effect on the Stanford/Harvard decisions this year. Unless they decide to decrease class size, I would not worry too much.


+1. At first I saw that WL report and started to panic. And then I remembered that it's an unverified report from a friend of a friend of a TLS poster. Sorry man. :wink:


Also, we don't know any of the circumstances. For all we know he/she had a stay-on-the-waitlist until May 10th or some date, emailed to withdraw, was a late KB1, etc etc. It's unsettling to think that there's already been movement, but I completely agree that when things really start to move there's bound to be at least one on LSN/TLS

JournalismToLaw
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JournalismToLaw » Thu May 17, 2012 10:24 am

With several people having May 15-18 deposit deadlines, it's possible they started conservatively taking a few people off the waitlist and are waiting till the end of this week/next week to really start pulling people when their numbers are more concrete. At least that's the story I'm going with. :)

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby adam1 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:54 am

This sort of (false) trickle to trickle to cascade always happens.

EDIT: that said, I demand more details on the alleged WL-admit.

User avatar
unchartered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby unchartered » Thu May 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Felicidades TLS fam,
I've been talking to a few people who deferred last year/starting HLS in the fall (3 to be exact...I know how delicate we are here with full disclosure and exact numbers). 2 AA URM (both with WE) and another ex-military Non-URM female. How do these students factor into the WL numbers game? Would they roll over to the c/o 2015 stats and be counted toward this class composition? Are there any posted stats on the number of people last year who were accepted and deferred? Does this deferral factor even matter, as I'm sure some will defer this year as well?

Insight?

BTW - You guys are admissions pros!!!!! :O)

Edit: "and another ex-military Non-URM female" should read "and an ex-military Non-URM female." The other two persons were never active military.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 pm

unchartered wrote:Felicidades TLS fam,
I've been talking to a few people who deferred last year/starting HLS in the fall (3 to be exact...I know how delicate we are here with full disclosure and exact numbers). 2 AA URM (both with WE) and another ex-military Non-URM female. How do these students factor into the WL numbers game? Would they roll over to the c/o 2015 stats and be counted toward this class composition? Are there any posted stats on the number of people last year who were accepted and deferred? Does this deferral factor even matter, as I'm sure some will defer this year as well?

Insight?

BTW - You guys are admissions pros!!!!! :O)

Edit: "and another ex-military Non-URM female" should read "and an ex-military Non-URM female." The other two persons were never active military.



These people were part of the 2015 class even before our cycle started. Their deferrals affected the whole class of 2015 since they already had spots before anyone applied. I do not think they will affect the WL group that much because the admissions committee already took them into consideration earlier on when giving out non-WL KB1s. What will affect the WL group are current deferral letters..so the greater the deferrals THIS year the greater the chances of WL movement...

so summary is ALL THOSE WHO GOT IN SHOULD DEFER and screw over the Class of 2016 not us! lol jk.

JournalismToLaw
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JournalismToLaw » Thu May 17, 2012 12:39 pm

sharktankdean wrote:so summary is ALL THOSE WHO GOT IN SHOULD DEFER and screw over the Class of 2016 not us!lol jk.

FTFY

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby amc987 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:40 pm

I am doubting the authenticity of this supposed WL-admit. It doesn't make sense that Harvard would have not notified some people they were on the wait list until last week while at the same time accepting people off of that wait list.

I think a very late KB1/ KB2 (with no wait list notification) is way more likely.

But hey, what do I know?

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Thu May 17, 2012 12:47 pm

I'd like to see more blue W's on LSN.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu May 17, 2012 12:56 pm

hypothalamus wrote:I'd like to see more blue W's on LSN.


YES

JournalismToLaw
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JournalismToLaw » Thu May 17, 2012 1:21 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:I'd like to see more blue W's on LSN.


YES


I'll take some D's too.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”