Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon May 14, 2012 11:54 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:Is everyone so silent due to constant refreshing of gmail inboxes? :D

Silent because I'm trying to keep calm until they send out the first KB1s...


But it's Monday! Being at work is hard enough without this deafening silence in my new favorite thread! :)

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Elendil » Mon May 14, 2012 11:56 am

umar20036 wrote:hey guys,

Did anyone receive a confirmation of loci/any other document sent to the admissions office being processed? Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office for confirmation?


No, they explicitly ask you not to call or email to confirm. If you want confirmation, they ask you to include a self-addressed and stamped postcard with your materials.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon May 14, 2012 12:01 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:Is everyone so silent due to constant refreshing of gmail inboxes? :D

Silent because I'm trying to keep calm until they send out the first KB1s...


But it's Monday! Being at work is hard enough without this deafening silence in my new favorite thread! :)


Haha, I'm with doorkeeper, trying not to die while waiting for the first "I just got a KB1!!" post, or maybe it'l be me... you know, not that I care.... :p

umar20036
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby umar20036 » Mon May 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks, guys! That clears things up.
What about LORs - I sent in an additional one which should've reached them by the beginning of last week, but the online status check hasn't updated yet...

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon May 14, 2012 12:07 pm

umar20036 wrote:Thanks, guys! That clears things up.
What about LORs - I sent in an additional one which should've reached them by the beginning of last week, but the online status check hasn't updated yet...


It will update eventually - be patient.

User avatar
larsoner
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby larsoner » Mon May 14, 2012 12:50 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
umar20036 wrote:Thanks, guys! That clears things up.
What about LORs - I sent in an additional one which should've reached them by the beginning of last week, but the online status check hasn't updated yet...


It will update eventually - be patient.


If you're posting in this thread, chances are you aren't the best at being patient.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon May 14, 2012 1:39 pm

larsoner wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
umar20036 wrote:Thanks, guys! That clears things up.
What about LORs - I sent in an additional one which should've reached them by the beginning of last week, but the online status check hasn't updated yet...


It will update eventually - be patient.


If you're posting in this thread, chances are you aren't the best at being patient.


Thus the constantly repeated advice :D Even if we're all pots calling kettles black...

User avatar
Neatrends
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Neatrends » Mon May 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Is it acceptable to send a LOCI in the body of an email?

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby icedflames » Mon May 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Neatrends wrote:Is it acceptable to send a LOCI in the body of an email?


I think they want everything by snail mail

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon May 14, 2012 2:14 pm

icedflames wrote:
Neatrends wrote:Is it acceptable to send a LOCI in the body of an email?


I think they want everything by snail mail


yea, I tried to send them one in the body they told me I had to mail it.

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby yepyepyep » Mon May 14, 2012 2:22 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
icedflames wrote:
Neatrends wrote:Is it acceptable to send a LOCI in the body of an email?


I think they want everything by snail mail


yea, I tried to send them one in the body they told me I had to mail it.


Really? That's weird...when I talked with them they said its fine in the body of the email.

User avatar
Neatrends
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Neatrends » Mon May 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Well, now I'm just confused..

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Elendil » Mon May 14, 2012 2:26 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
icedflames wrote:
Neatrends wrote:Is it acceptable to send a LOCI in the body of an email?


I think they want everything by snail mail


yea, I tried to send them one in the body they told me I had to mail it.


Really? That's weird...when I talked with them they said its fine in the body of the email.


I think body is fine, but it looks a little unprofessional. They ask that you use snail mail, and they WILL NOT open attachments in emails. This was all in the WL email, though.

User avatar
Neatrends
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Neatrends » Mon May 14, 2012 2:28 pm

No attachments, eh? Guess I'll have to figure out another way to get a trojan into the H network ;)

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Mon May 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Yeah, the snail mail drives me nuts. If I end up having to withdraw it's going to be via singing telegram.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon May 14, 2012 2:44 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:Yeah, the snail mail drives me nuts. If I end up having to withdraw it's going to be via singing telegram.


PLEASE DO IT!

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Mon May 14, 2012 2:46 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:Yeah, the snail mail drives me nuts. If I end up having to withdraw it's going to be via singing telegram.


PLEASE DO IT!


On second thought, that's an if I'm not really to think about yet.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon May 14, 2012 2:46 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:Yeah, the snail mail drives me nuts. If I end up having to withdraw it's going to be via singing telegram.


PLEASE DO IT!

I know people who own such a business...

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon May 14, 2012 2:47 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:Yeah, the snail mail drives me nuts. If I end up having to withdraw it's going to be via singing telegram.


PLEASE DO IT!


Can you still do that? Seriously I will pay $100 to withdraw from Harvard by singing telegram.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon May 14, 2012 2:50 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:Yeah, the snail mail drives me nuts. If I end up having to withdraw it's going to be via singing telegram.


PLEASE DO IT!


Can you still do that? Seriously I will pay $100 to withdraw from Harvard by singing telegram.


I'll chip in too :D :D

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Mon May 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Sounds like the crowd is all for it, and I'm a sucker for peer pressure. Hopefully KB checks up on this thread soon so she's knows I better see an acceptance in 11 days or she has this waiting for her:

http://www.amazingballoonagrams.com/

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon May 14, 2012 2:53 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:Sounds like the crowd is all for it, and I'm a sucker for peer pressure. Hopefully KB checks up on this thread soon so she's knows I better see an acceptance in 11 days or she has this waiting for her:

http://www.amazingballoonagrams.com/


I've pre-selected one: http://www.amazingballoonagrams.com/grimreaper.html

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Elendil » Mon May 14, 2012 2:57 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:Sounds like the crowd is all for it, and I'm a sucker for peer pressure. Hopefully KB checks up on this thread soon so she's knows I better see an acceptance in 11 days or she has this waiting for her:

http://www.amazingballoonagrams.com/


I've pre-selected one: http://www.amazingballoonagrams.com/grimreaper.html


Personally, I think this is classier: http://www.amazingballoonagrams.com/cac39_popup.html

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby masked kavana » Mon May 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Image

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon May 14, 2012 2:59 pm

Elendil wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:Sounds like the crowd is all for it, and I'm a sucker for peer pressure. Hopefully KB checks up on this thread soon so she's knows I better see an acceptance in 11 days or she has this waiting for her:

http://www.amazingballoonagrams.com/


I've pre-selected one: http://www.amazingballoonagrams.com/grimreaper.html


Personally, I think this is classier: http://www.amazingballoonagrams.com/cac39_popup.html


This matter needs to be settled by popular vote. Someone please insert a poll in the thread :D :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bleakchimera2, ellielaw, l3g@l33s3, margaretmitchell, MSNbot Media, nslaw123, potterotter, sonyco and 22 guests