Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:58 pm

I feel like I've been through every Harvard thread..... now I'm here. Hopefully this means I will one day be able to post in the "in at Harvard" thread.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby masked kavana » Tue May 01, 2012 10:17 am

Checking in. Hi friends!

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby pupshaw » Tue May 01, 2012 10:25 am

Checking in, riding it out. Thoughts on sending another LOR? I was just offered one by one of my old professors.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Tue May 01, 2012 10:33 am

sharktankdean wrote:I feel like I've been through every Harvard thread..... now I'm here. Hopefully this means I will one day be able to post in the "in at Harvard" thread.


+1

It's not a rejection and, at this point, that's all that matters to me :D

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 am

hypothalamus wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:I feel like I've been through every Harvard thread..... now I'm here. Hopefully this means I will one day be able to post in the "in at Harvard" thread.


+1

It's not a rejection and, at this point, that's all that matters to me :D



Welcome, Welcome to the Annual Harvard Wait list thread.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Tue May 01, 2012 10:40 am

sharktankdean wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:I feel like I've been through every Harvard thread..... now I'm here. Hopefully this means I will one day be able to post in the "in at Harvard" thread.


+1

It's not a rejection and, at this point, that's all that matters to me :D



Welcome, Welcome to the Annual Harvard Wait list thread.


And may the odds be ever in your favor!

User avatar
StarLightSpectre
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby StarLightSpectre » Tue May 01, 2012 10:58 am

hypothalamus wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:I feel like I've been through every Harvard thread..... now I'm here. Hopefully this means I will one day be able to post in the "in at Harvard" thread.


+1

It's not a rejection and, at this point, that's all that matters to me :D



Welcome, Welcome to the Annual Harvard Wait list thread.


And may the odds be ever in your favor!



+1 to all your recent posts

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby yepyepyep » Tue May 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Just got the email as well
Based on last year's thread, seems like by June we should get a good idea of who's going. (At least the first few waves)

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby masked kavana » Tue May 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Given that it's been such a crazy cycle do you think the odds are up or down in getting in off the WL?

lawp389
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby lawp389 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:50 pm

masked kavana wrote:Given that it's been such a crazy cycle do you think the odds are up or down in getting in off the WL?


Wondering the same thing...

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Tue May 01, 2012 1:52 pm

masked kavana wrote:Given that it's been such a crazy cycle do you think the odds are up or down in getting in off the WL?



honestly i don't think we can tell..Harvard has an active waitlist...this year it will all depend on if more people choose Y and S (due to personal/financial/etc reasons and maybe because of US news ranking maybe). But Y and S have small classes so I do not think Stanford's rise to #2 would do much.

marcellus
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby marcellus » Tue May 01, 2012 1:54 pm

A wise man once said that you have a 50/50 chance of winning the lottery: either you win, or you don't.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Tue May 01, 2012 1:57 pm

marcellus wrote:A wise man once said that you have a 50/50 chance of winning the lottery: either you win, or you don't.



lol but i doubt we have a 50/50 shot of getting of the WL

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby adam1 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:58 pm

HYS triple waitlist here. I think I'm rarer than the sweep! I'm going to ride this. I guarantee some may movement in here.

ddalton22
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:22 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby ddalton22 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Also just got the email, any thoughts as to whether scores matter more, or the soft parts of your application. They say they don't rank the WL, but do you guys really think that is true?

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Tue May 01, 2012 3:48 pm

I just read last year's waitlist thread.

The future is bitter, especially after mid- to late May.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Tue May 01, 2012 3:50 pm

hypothalamus wrote:I just read last year's waitlist thread.

The future is bitter, especially after mid- to late May.

Yup. First, and largest pull from the waitlist in mid-May. Veritable silence after that. A few plucks in August.

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby yepyepyep » Tue May 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:I just read last year's waitlist thread.

The future is bitter, especially after mid- to late May.

Yup. First, and largest pull from the waitlist in mid-May. Veritable silence after that. A few plucks in August.


On the plus side, the next month or so will be just like the last month. Could be KB1s/2s any time.

Is that a plus?

User avatar
ScratchableItch
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby ScratchableItch » Wed May 02, 2012 12:23 am

yepyepyep wrote:On the plus side, the next month or so will be just like the last month. Could be KB1s/2s any time.

Is that a plus?


Ugh....

I'll take it. It's a plus.

jane89
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby jane89 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:30 am

Got the email yesterday, hoping for an interview sometime

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed May 02, 2012 9:58 am

FINALLY joining this thread!

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 02, 2012 10:03 am

Doorkeeper wrote:FINALLY joining this thread!


JUST got the WL email as well! Gosh, does this mean I have to send another LOCI? This would be the third one and I have no idea what else to say.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed May 02, 2012 10:05 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:FINALLY joining this thread!


JUST got the WL email as well! Gosh, does this mean I have to send another LOCI? This would be the third one and I have no idea what else to say.


Yea, I sent one huge one back in January and a mini-one in early April. No idea if I have anything left to talk about...

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Nelson » Wed May 02, 2012 10:09 am

I'm going to stay on the waitlist, but I'm not sure what I have to gain from a LOCI. Nothing's changed since my app and I don't have a particularly compelling situation beyond "gee I'd like to got to Harvard."

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed May 02, 2012 10:31 am

If the trend of WL use follows suit from previous years, people might be getting some KB1 emails in two weeks or so.

Oh Harvard, there's always something to hope for (and worry about).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beluckycrimson, Christinabruin, curry4bfast, ws120 and 7 guests