Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fingerscrossedxx

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 am

Kran23 wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:My birthday is coming up and kinda wanna invite my TLS friends... Where would that fall on the awkwardness scale, from 1 to 10?

Not all, -10. Someone probably bakes a mean batch of cupcakes too.

I would be offended if I did not get an invite. And I also make a mean batch of cupcakes.

haha, no but really, i dont think its awkward :p

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 am

StarLightSpectre wrote:
JDflowergirl wrote:
StarLightSpectre wrote:Finished my LOCI package tomorrow, it also included a Why Harvard that consisted of 3 words, "Cause it's Harvard".

I suppose I'll be sending it tomorrow but IDK how much it'll actually help someone with my kind of numbers.

you never know...urms with your #'s are usually the 1st to get off the WL because of their high gpas! Look at the past WL threads

Thanks for the encouragement. I would literally cry.

I'm also really hoping for this! They keep telling me that they like URMS with higher GPAs but every time that wave came it missed me. So please let the first KB1 wave take me along!

JournalismToLaw

Postby JournalismToLaw » Fri May 11, 2012 10:56 am

Longtime lurker and several weeks now on the waitlist - I'll finally join in. Let's hope for good news next week!

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Fri May 11, 2012 11:02 am

JournalismToLaw wrote:Longtime lurker and several weeks now on the waitlist - I'll finally join in. Let's hope for good news next week today!

FTFY. :wink:

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Fri May 11, 2012 11:13 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
StarLightSpectre wrote:
JDflowergirl wrote:
StarLightSpectre wrote:Finished my LOCI package tomorrow, it also included a Why Harvard that consisted of 3 words, "Cause it's Harvard".

I suppose I'll be sending it tomorrow but IDK how much it'll actually help someone with my kind of numbers.

you never know...urms with your #'s are usually the 1st to get off the WL because of their high gpas! Look at the past WL threads

Thanks for the encouragement. I would literally cry.

I'm also really hoping for this! They keep telling me that they like URMS with higher GPAs but every time that wave came it missed me. So please let the first KB1 wave take me along!

+1
Although my GPA isn't as high as yours. I think they were accepting a lot of 3.9s

JournalismToLaw

Postby JournalismToLaw » Fri May 11, 2012 11:14 am

Elendil wrote:
JournalismToLaw wrote:Longtime lurker and several weeks now on the waitlist - I'll finally join in. Let's hope for good news next week today!

FTFY. :wink:

We can hope! That'd be so helpful to me if it happened right now. It seems every week for the past two months I've heard something new for a law school (acceptance or scholarship) that has made me have to go crazy rethinking my decision (this is what I get for applying in January) - none of which could even compare to Harvard, which would finally get me to stop questioning myself!

azgirl514

Postby azgirl514 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Hey y'all, my birthday is coming up too -- on Monday, in fact! It would be AWESOME if I could hear back on that day. It would be so nice to be able to finally commit somewhere.

I think I made a huge mistake, though... when Harvard asked for a deadline, I told them that I needed to know by June 1. That's when Boalt's deposit deadline is. I didn't want to commit to Boalt, somehow get off the waitlist at H, and then have to back out of my commitment to Berkeley. I felt like that would be unfair, especially given the wording of Berkeley's acceptance agreement and how nice they've been. Then I realized that this is what most people do anyway, and it probably wasn't the savviest move. For Harvard to seriously consider me, I probably should've said I would be willing to wait this out to the bitter end. Damn it. I wish they knew that I was in no way trying to give them an ultimatum... I didn't overanalyze my response to them and just kind of replied honestly about when I'd prefer to hear back. Oopsies. Oh well, it's done. I would give anything to get into Harvard, but then again -- who wouldn't?!

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri May 11, 2012 12:19 pm

azgirl514 wrote:Hey y'all, my birthday is coming up too -- on Monday, in fact! It would be AWESOME if I could hear back on that day. It would be so nice to be able to finally commit somewhere.

I think I made a huge mistake, though... when Harvard asked for a deadline, I told them that I needed to know by June 1. That's when Boalt's deposit deadline is. I didn't want to commit to Boalt, somehow get off the waitlist at H, and then have to back out of my commitment to Berkeley. I felt like that would be unfair, especially given the wording of Berkeley's acceptance agreement and how nice they've been. Then I realized that this is what most people do anyway, and it probably wasn't the savviest move. For Harvard to seriously consider me, I probably should've said I would be willing to wait this out to the bitter end. Damn it. I wish they knew that I was in no way trying to give them an ultimatum... I didn't overanalyze my response to them and just kind of replied honestly about when I'd prefer to hear back. Oopsies. Oh well, it's done. I would give anything to get into Harvard, but then again -- who wouldn't?!

I don't think they note the dates people give in a little black book :D
The date you gave will in no way influence how they view your application.

StrictlyBusiness

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Fri May 11, 2012 2:24 pm

azgirl514 wrote:Hey y'all, my birthday is coming up too -- on Monday, in fact! It would be AWESOME if I could hear back on that day. It would be so nice to be able to finally commit somewhere.

If it makes you feel better, I wrote that I only wanted to be part of the wait list party until May 25. I told them that's when I planned to finalize my summer/fall living situation, and probably wouldn't switch to Harvard if I were accepted after that. Hopefully don't think that was an ultimatum from me either, but in a way it sort of was.

RopeisaJoke

Postby RopeisaJoke » Fri May 11, 2012 2:54 pm

I told them that I needed an answer by May 25th because I'll be starting a Summer program at Mich the following week. I don't think they care that much, and if anything I think it might help us because they'll look at our application first... but of course that's all speculation and with how this cycle has been going maybe we should have given them as much time as possible. Oh well.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri May 11, 2012 4:04 pm

I guess Friday wasn't the day...

adika86

Postby adika86 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:38 pm

hypothalamus wrote:I guess Friday wasn't the day...

Monday!

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri May 11, 2012 4:45 pm

adika86 wrote:

Monday!

Tuesday, according to prior evidence.

adika86

Postby adika86 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:48 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
adika86 wrote:

Monday!

Tuesday, according to prior evidence.

Well, I meant it more to mean I can stop obsessively checking my email until at least Monday...

Have a good weekend, Harvard Waitlist Friends 8)

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Fri May 11, 2012 10:54 pm

is the # of people who withdraw from Harvard's WL more than usual this year or am I just imagining this?

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Sat May 12, 2012 7:56 am

sharktankdean wrote:is the # of people who withdraw from Harvard's WL more than usual this year or am I just imagining this?

20 people on LSN have withdrawn so far, last year a total of 25 withdrew. I wouldn't expect very many more withdrawals so I'm thinking they're on target.

adam1

Postby adam1 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:28 am

Elendil wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:is the # of people who withdraw from Harvard's WL more than usual this year or am I just imagining this?

20 people on LSN have withdrawn so far, last year a total of 25 withdrew. I wouldn't expect very many more withdrawals so I'm thinking they're on target.

I'd be more interested in the relative proportion of withdrawals/acceptances.

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Sat May 12, 2012 1:48 pm

adam1 wrote:
Elendil wrote:

If you have the time to calculate that, please feel free. :wink:

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Sat May 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Elendil wrote:
adam1 wrote:
Elendil wrote:

If you have the time to calculate that, please feel free. :wink:

I did this on the last page...

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Sat May 12, 2012 9:41 pm

i dont look forward to the weekdays normally but this weekend is dragging on..

Elendil wrote:

i think the time frame makes it difficult to compare since we cant see how many people withdrew at this point last year..

yikes0117

Postby yikes0117 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:18 pm

does anyone have a rough estimate of how big a wl harvard usually maintains?

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon May 14, 2012 11:17 am

Is everyone so silent due to constant refreshing of gmail inboxes? :D

umar20036

Postby umar20036 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:44 am

hey guys,

Did anyone receive a confirmation of loci/any other document sent to the admissions office being processed? Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office for confirmation?

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon May 14, 2012 11:46 am

hypothalamus wrote:Is everyone so silent due to constant refreshing of gmail inboxes? :D

Silent because I'm trying to keep calm until they send out the first KB1s...

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon May 14, 2012 11:54 am

umar20036 wrote:hey guys,

Did anyone receive a confirmation of loci/any other document sent to the admissions office being processed? Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office for confirmation?

They don't send confirmations.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”