azgirl514 wrote:Hey y'all, my birthday is coming up too -- on Monday, in fact! It would be AWESOME if I could hear back on that day. It would be so nice to be able to finally commit somewhere.
I think I made a huge mistake, though... when Harvard asked for a deadline, I told them that I needed to know by June 1. That's when Boalt's deposit deadline is. I didn't want to commit to Boalt, somehow get off the waitlist at H, and then have to back out of my commitment to Berkeley. I felt like that would be unfair, especially given the wording of Berkeley's acceptance agreement and how nice they've been. Then I realized that this is what most people do anyway, and it probably wasn't the savviest move. For Harvard to seriously consider me, I probably should've said I would be willing to wait this out to the bitter end. Damn it. I wish they knew that I was in no way trying to give them an ultimatum... I didn't overanalyze my response to them and just kind of replied honestly about when I'd prefer to hear back. Oopsies. Oh well, it's done. I would give anything to get into Harvard, but then again -- who wouldn't?!
If it makes you feel better, I wrote that I only wanted to be part of the wait list party until May 25. I told them that's when I planned to finalize my summer/fall living situation, and probably wouldn't switch to Harvard if I were accepted after that. Hopefully don't think that was an ultimatum from me either, but in a way it sort of was.