Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jungminnee
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby jungminnee » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:32 pm

adam1 wrote:WL-> Accept on LSN. 8/14

Anybody on here hear anything?


That would be me.

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby adam1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:46 pm

jungminnee wrote:
adam1 wrote:WL-> Accept on LSN. 8/14

Anybody on here hear anything?


That would be me.


I see. December KB1. JS/KB2'd just now?

jungminnee
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby jungminnee » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:29 pm

adam1 wrote:
jungminnee wrote:
adam1 wrote:WL-> Accept on LSN. 8/14

Anybody on here hear anything?


That would be me.


I see. December KB1. JS/KB2'd just now?


Got a "let's talk" email and KB2 both on the 14th

adam1
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby adam1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:55 pm

jungminnee wrote:
adam1 wrote:
jungminnee wrote:
adam1 wrote:WL-> Accept on LSN. 8/14

Anybody on here hear anything?


That would be me.


I see. December KB1. JS/KB2'd just now?


Got a "let's talk" email and KB2 both on the 14th


Congrats!

jungminnee
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby jungminnee » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 pm

adam1 wrote:
Congrats!


Thank you! :D

marcellus
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby marcellus » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Well, that was an anti-climactic end to this thread.

We never heard of the tsunami-like final ding wave wiping everyone out.

Nor the heroic stories of a few people dramatically getting in during orientation and dropping everything to run to Harvard.

Just silence.

Worst Harvard WL thread ending ever.

I hereby apologize to all future waitlistee readers on behalf of the thread.

User avatar
izy223
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby izy223 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:20 am

marcellus wrote:Well, that was an anti-climactic end to this thread.

We never heard of the tsunami-like final ding wave wiping everyone out.

Nor the heroic stories of a few people dramatically getting in during orientation and dropping everything to run to Harvard.

Just silence.

Worst Harvard WL thread ending ever.

I hereby apologize to all future waitlistee readers on behalf of the thread.


agreed are they ever going to reject us, i would like the courtesy of knowing that im not godd enough for them

MapsMapsMaps
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby MapsMapsMaps » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:47 am

FWIW I was rejected of the WL around August 10th-ish.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Take Two » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:23 pm

izy223 wrote:
marcellus wrote:Well, that was an anti-climactic end to this thread.

We never heard of the tsunami-like final ding wave wiping everyone out.

Nor the heroic stories of a few people dramatically getting in during orientation and dropping everything to run to Harvard.

Just silence.

Worst Harvard WL thread ending ever.

I hereby apologize to all future waitlistee readers on behalf of the thread.


agreed are they ever going to reject us, i would like the courtesy of knowing that im not godd enough for them


Haha +1

marcellus
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby marcellus » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:01 pm

http://www.law.harvard.edu/academics/ca ... index.html

So, orientation is ending today (started Thurs Aug 30th).

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:36 pm

marcellus wrote:http://www.law.harvard.edu/academics/calendar/index.html

So, orientation is ending today (started Thurs Aug 30th).


withdraw now before the ding wave tomorrow!! :D :D :D

marcellus
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby marcellus » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:50 am

Classes start today!

Word to the wise: now may be the last chance to send in a LOCI.

lawschoolquestions57
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby lawschoolquestions57 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 pm

....
Last edited by lawschoolquestions57 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
izy223
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby izy223 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:59 pm

i dont know but i got my rejection today,

thanks for keeping me waiting harvard

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Take Two » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:20 pm

bam. rejected.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby amc987 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Still nothing, but I'm getting dinged too. I just don't have the confirmation yet.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby amc987 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:07 am

And FINALLY rejected. Sigh. I think JS must've heard me last night.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:14 am

amc987 wrote:And FINALLY rejected. Sigh. I think JS must've heard me last night.


Same! And i'm offended by the one-line rejection :D :D They could have at least written all the bullshit about reviewing soooo many qualified applications... :D

marcellus
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby marcellus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:19 pm

One-line rejection??! What'd it say? "We r sory, HLS = full. Good luk w/ ur plans bye"

Here's mine:

Harvard rejection from early August wrote:The Admissions Committee has determined that it will not be possible to offer you admission to Harvard Law School. We greatly appreciate that you kept your application available for consideration.

If your interest in HarvardLaw School continues into your first year at another law school, we would welcome your application as a transfer student in 2013. If you would like to receive further information about transferring to HLS next year, please respond to this email with your name and a permanent email address and we will be happy to contact you about the transfer application process in late April 2013.

Thank you for your patience and for your interest inHarvardLaw School.

Sincerely,
Jessica Soban
Assistant Dean and Chief Admissions Officer


Yes, it has typos. Funny how our PS' can't have them but the rejection letters can.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:07 pm

marcellus wrote:One-line rejection??! What'd it say? "We r sory, HLS = full. Good luk w/ ur plans bye"

Here's mine:

Harvard rejection from early August wrote:The Admissions Committee has determined that it will not be possible to offer you admission to Harvard Law School. We greatly appreciate that you kept your application available for consideration.

If your interest in HarvardLaw School continues into your first year at another law school, we would welcome your application as a transfer student in 2013. If you would like to receive further information about transferring to HLS next year, please respond to this email with your name and a permanent email address and we will be happy to contact you about the transfer application process in late April 2013.

Thank you for your patience and for your interest inHarvardLaw School.

Sincerely,
Jessica Soban
Assistant Dean and Chief Admissions Officer


Yes, it has typos. Funny how our PS' can't have them but the rejection letters can.


Well, mine says the same thing obviously :D :D But my point is the rejection part is only a line... None of the usual "we looked very carefully at all aspects of your application" bullshit. Which I'm sure earlier rejections got.

lawschoolquestions57
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby lawschoolquestions57 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:29 pm

....
Last edited by lawschoolquestions57 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Elendil » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:42 pm

I've been a little bit absent from these boards for awhile (busy with 1L!)... but I just wanted to check in and say that I got the axe this week also! A disappointing end but not one that was unforeseen after silence for so long...

And now, we will let this thread die. :lol:

User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby spicyyoda17 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Elendil wrote:I've been a little bit absent from these boards for awhile (busy with 1L!)... but I just wanted to check in and say that I got the axe this week also! A disappointing end but not one that was unforeseen after silence for so long...

And now, we will let this thread die. :lol:


I've been following this thread all summer. I am committed to making sure that the Harvard Waitlist 2013, a list I will be on, will carry on this thread's foundation of hilariousness, diligence, and hope!

Best of luck to all of you at your respective law schools!

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:32 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:
Elendil wrote:I've been a little bit absent from these boards for awhile (busy with 1L!)... but I just wanted to check in and say that I got the axe this week also! A disappointing end but not one that was unforeseen after silence for so long...

And now, we will let this thread die. :lol:


I've been following this thread all summer. I am committed to making sure that the Harvard Waitlist 2013, a list I will be on, will carry on this thread's foundation of hilariousness, diligence, and hope!

Best of luck to all of you at your respective law schools!



spicyyoda, have you kept your promise?

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sinfiery » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:20 pm

hypothalamus wrote:spicyyoda, have you kept your promise?

No, he decided to become an auto-admit instead. Traitor.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”