Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Congrats guys!

After reading that article i think Harvard admitted fewer than normal people b4 the WL emails came out. So their yield may not be bad after all.

User avatar
Wonk
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Wonk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Congrats!

On an unrelated note, it looks like the decrease in LSAT takers is really hitting Harvard hard. Looking on LSN, they're dipping below their 170 and 3.8 thresholds a lot more than in recent memory. LSN has a 177/3.4 getting in. Crazy.


Hey now, who are you calling crazy???

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Wonk wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:Congrats!

On an unrelated note, it looks like the decrease in LSAT takers is really hitting Harvard hard. Looking on LSN, they're dipping below their 170 and 3.8 thresholds a lot more than in recent memory. LSN has a 177/3.4 getting in. Crazy.


Hey now, who are you calling crazy???

hahahahaha. Congrats.

I'm just pointing out that Harvard normally hasn't dipped to a 3.4 GPA to help balance their LSAT median in past years. I'm curious as to what's going on differently up there.

User avatar
Wonk
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Wonk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Wonk wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:Congrats!

On an unrelated note, it looks like the decrease in LSAT takers is really hitting Harvard hard. Looking on LSN, they're dipping below their 170 and 3.8 thresholds a lot more than in recent memory. LSN has a 177/3.4 getting in. Crazy.


Hey now, who are you calling crazy???

hahahahaha. Congrats.

I'm just pointing out that Harvard normally hasn't dipped to a 3.4 GPA to help balance their LSAT median in past years. I'm curious as to what's going on differently up there.


Thanks! If it helps confusion, I don't believe my median-boosting LSAT was a factor in my getting off the waitlist.

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby poe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Congrats!

On an unrelated note, it looks like the decrease in LSAT takers is really hitting Harvard hard. Looking on LSN, they're dipping below their 170 and 3.8 thresholds a lot more than in recent memory. LSN has a 177/3.4 getting in. Crazy.


As someone with numbers above both of those thresholds, now I feel even worse. Why do you hate me, Harvard?

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Take Two » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 pm

poe wrote: Why do you hate me, Harvard?



a very sad +1

candycat
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:09 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby candycat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:00 pm

JS2 by email today ^_^, stats 172/3.8x not sure how to react but definitely shocked.

noggo10
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby noggo10 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 pm

candycat wrote:JS2 by email today ^_^, stats 172/3.8x not sure how to react but definitely shocked.

Email? Interesting!

candycat
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:09 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby candycat » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:07 am

noggo10 wrote:
candycat wrote:JS2 by email today ^_^, stats 172/3.8x not sure how to react but definitely shocked.

Email? Interesting!


I'm out of the country so email is easier to reach me at

marcellus
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby marcellus » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:32 am

Congratulations to all the newly admitted off the waitlist! There are so many of you (13 now in this 2nd wave, 43 overall).

Also, you may be able to leverage your Harvard admission to get even more money from the school you pledged to attend. From the article 06132012 linked to:

It's a buyer's market at law school wrote:Applicants should take advantage of the relaxed admissions standards and unusually deep pot of scholarship money while they can — there simply isn't enough money to keep doling out scholarships at this pace every year, said Sophia Sim, associate dean for admissions and financial aid at George Washington University Law School.


http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... &thepage=1

JournalismToLaw
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JournalismToLaw » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:02 pm

When is/was the wait list accepts deposit deadline? Is it July 1st?

Mista Bojangles
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Mista Bojangles » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:05 pm

JournalismToLaw wrote:When is/was the wait list accepts deposit deadline? Is it July 1st?


July 2nd, at least for the first round of WL admits. There's another round that had a later date; forget what it was exactly.

gameday12
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 10:15 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby gameday12 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Its July 2nd for first wave admits and July 10th for mostly everyone accepted after that.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby masked kavana » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:04 am

Not letting this thread or my hope die

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Take Two » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:47 pm

masked kavana wrote:Not letting this thread or my hope die


I appreciate and wish I shared your optimism haha

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby masked kavana » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Hmm July 2nd just came and went hopefully there will be more movement after deposits are due..

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:05 pm

They're still sifting through the deposits, so don't expect anything for the next week or so.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:50 pm

So I just left the HLS admissions office with the inevitable reply, "we don't know, people have been admitted in the past up to two weeks before the start of classes. It's up to you when you sign a lease agreement in another city."

:D at least I didn't leave my name!

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Take Two » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:43 pm

hypothalamus wrote:So I just left the HLS admissions office with the inevitable reply, "we don't know, people have been admitted in the past up to two weeks before the start of classes. It's up to you when you sign a lease agreement in another city."

:D at least I didn't leave my name!


haha its the small victories!

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby jetissent » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Take Two wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:So I just left the HLS admissions office with the inevitable reply, "we don't know, people have been admitted in the past up to two weeks before the start of classes. It's up to you when you sign a lease agreement in another city."

:D at least I didn't leave my name!


haha its the small victories!


I didn't realize you two were both over here keeping the excitement up for the HLS WLers!

I'm still hanging on the list too--sent a LOCI a bit back. Here's hoping and good luck! :)

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Take Two » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:04 pm

jetissent wrote:
Take Two wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:So I just left the HLS admissions office with the inevitable reply, "we don't know, people have been admitted in the past up to two weeks before the start of classes. It's up to you when you sign a lease agreement in another city."

:D at least I didn't leave my name!


haha its the small victories!


I didn't realize you two were both over here keeping the excitement up for the HLS WLers!

I'm still hanging on the list too--sent a LOCI a bit back. Here's hoping and good luck! :)


Haha Harvard, temptress that she/he (gotta be pc haha) is, seems I can't let go, as bad as the longing is for me!

best of luck to you as well! (though I suspect Columbia will be a bit of a darker place without ya!)

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Well, on a positive note, I aced the SAT verbal back in the day. Today, this is my source of pride :D :D

#dontletthethreaddie

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby soj » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:26 pm

hypothalamus wrote:Well, on a positive note, I aced the SAT verbal back in the day. Today, this is my source of pride :D :D

#dontletthethreaddie

I was all about the new writing section. The only time I was rewarded for being a grammar nazi.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:29 pm

soj wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:Well, on a positive note, I aced the SAT verbal back in the day. Today, this is my source of pride :D :D

#dontletthethreaddie

I was all about the new writing section. The only time I was rewarded for being a grammar nazi.

I fucking hated that section. Near perfect on the other two, but that section threw my score out of whack (relatively speaking).

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby snehpets » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
soj wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:Well, on a positive note, I aced the SAT verbal back in the day. Today, this is my source of pride :D :D

#dontletthethreaddie

I was all about the new writing section. The only time I was rewarded for being a grammar nazi.

I fucking hated that section. Near perfect on the other two, but that section threw my score out of whack (relatively speaking).


I kind of sucked at all three (relatively speaking). I kind of wish I'd studied or taken a class or something, but it's also weird to think of going to a different undergrad, so maybe not.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest