Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dj03365
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby dj03365 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 pm

thanks so much, that was very insightful and helpful-good luck with your decision!

chapmaco
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby chapmaco » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 pm

06132012 wrote:
dj03365 wrote:I also had my JS1 this morning. Got the email yesterday, was told to expect a call between 9 and 10, the call came at 9:55 and we chatted for about 10 minutes-to me it felt rushed, anyone else feel the same way?

I don't really know what to make of it...she also said that she couldn't give me a definite date when I'd hear. I've heard that they've basically made up their minds before you interview, is that true?


No it didn't feel rushed for me, because I expected it to be like and knew that everyone else's was like that. If anything your conversation was a big longer than usual. I've known them to be around five minutes. Also, I think they have made up their mind that they probably want you, but how many people accept offers from this past wave will influence your decision. I think that is why you weren't really provided with a deifnite date of hearing. However, I think that if they need additional people due to not everyone accepting their WL offer, people dropping out of the class, or they just want more students you and the rest of the people getting interviewed right now would be at the top of the list.

Long story short, you are in good shape. It might just be a longer wait for you. People accepted in my wave (this last wave) have until July 2nd to respond.


Ahh I hope this isn't fully accurate. It sounds like it makes sense, but it makes me anxious to think that my admission is not only contingent on my interview performance but also on other people declining their offers x.x

User avatar
1212
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby 1212 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:53 pm

in.

06132012
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:45 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby 06132012 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:57 pm

1212 wrote:in.


Wow! Congrats. See you at HLS!

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:00 pm

1212 wrote:in.

Congrats! Looks like someone has a difficult decision ahead (H or S). You leaning anywhere?

User avatar
1212
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby 1212 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:16 pm

I will more than likely go to Stanford. It is such a huge honor to be accepted at Harvard though. I am shocked and thrilled.

tfhy
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby tfhy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:23 pm

WL-->JS1-->rejected. What are the chances of this scenario? any thoughts?

JournalismToLaw
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JournalismToLaw » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:25 pm

tfhy wrote:WL-->JS1-->rejected. What are the chances of this scenario? any thoughts?


Did that actually happen to you or are you just asking hypothetically?

tfhy
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby tfhy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm

JournalismToLaw wrote:
tfhy wrote:WL-->JS1-->rejected. What are the chances of this scenario? any thoughts?


Did that actually happen to you or are you just asking hypothetically?


hypothetically.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Elendil » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:30 pm

1212 wrote:I will more than likely go to Stanford. It is such a huge honor to be accepted at Harvard though. I am shocked and thrilled.


Congratulations! If you're attending Stanford, you should promptly let HLS know, I'm sure that they would appreciate it! I'm just looking out for them. :lol:

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:31 pm

tfhy wrote:WL-->JS1-->rejected. What are the chances of this scenario? any thoughts?

Last year I think 3 out of 21 JS1s did not get a JS2. But who knows what's in store this year. Don't ruminate over it.

JournalismToLaw
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby JournalismToLaw » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Elendil wrote:
1212 wrote:I will more than likely go to Stanford. It is such a huge honor to be accepted at Harvard though. I am shocked and thrilled.


Congratulations! If you're attending Stanford, you should promptly let HLS know, I'm sure that they would appreciate it! I'm just looking out for them. :lol:

+1 :)

Erdox
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:15 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Erdox » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:53 pm

IN.

User avatar
ftw
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby ftw » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Congrats! This probably means that a second (mini)wave is now over. I don't think there will be a third one anytime soon :D

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Elendil » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:17 pm

ftw wrote:Congrats! This probably means that a second (mini)wave is now over. I don't think there will be a third one anytime soon :D


Yeah, there will be. It's called the rejection wave. :wink:

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby masked kavana » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:18 pm

ftw wrote:Congrats! This probably means that a second (mini)wave is now over. I don't think there will be a third one anytime soon :D


I remember doorkeeper saying that recent admits had to let Harvard know that they would attends sometime in July. So you never know...

kindaklueless
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby kindaklueless » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Is the top law school deposit list real and, if it is, when is it circulated? Possible that Harvard looks at it when making waitlist decisions?

I realize I'm asking this after 1212 was just admitted, but would they be more likely to accept someone that has deposited outside of YS?

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:33 pm

masked kavana wrote:
ftw wrote:Congrats! This probably means that a second (mini)wave is now over. I don't think there will be a third one anytime soon :D


I remember doorkeeper saying that recent admits had to let Harvard know that they would attends sometime in July. So you never know...

Yes, it's early July. If people decline, like one already has and other may decide to, I think a few more JS1s might trickle out.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby hypothalamus » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
masked kavana wrote:
ftw wrote:Congrats! This probably means that a second (mini)wave is now over. I don't think there will be a third one anytime soon :D


I remember doorkeeper saying that recent admits had to let Harvard know that they would attends sometime in July. So you never know...

Yes, it's early July. If people decline, like one already has and other may decide to, I think a few more JS1s might trickle out.


Except new JS1s already did trickle out, and we have a few new admits :) (who are, by definition, anyone but me and Elendil :D)

chapmaco
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby chapmaco » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:41 pm

ftw wrote:Congrats! This probably means that a second (mini)wave is now over. I don't think there will be a third one anytime soon :D


:o. I just had my interview today. If I didn't hear does that mean I missed the wave?

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:42 pm

chapmaco wrote:
ftw wrote:Congrats! This probably means that a second (mini)wave is now over. I don't think there will be a third one anytime soon :D


:o. I just had my interview today. If I didn't hear does that mean I missed the wave?

No. Don't stress about it.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby snehpets » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
chapmaco wrote:
ftw wrote:Congrats! This probably means that a second (mini)wave is now over. I don't think there will be a third one anytime soon :D


:o. I just had my interview today. If I didn't hear does that mean I missed the wave?

No. Don't stress about it.


The people who got in today appear to have gotten their JS1 emails a few days ago. You're good.

User avatar
justwalkawayrenee
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:45 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby justwalkawayrenee » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:08 pm

1212 wrote:I will more than likely go to Stanford. It is such a huge honor to be accepted at Harvard though. I am shocked and thrilled.


But Harvard students have so many great opportunities that Stanford students don't! I mean, when's the last time a Stanford alum was appointed to the Supreme Court? 1981. A Harvard alum? 2010. And Palo Alto is so far away from stuff, and...

Yeah, I'm on the waitlist at Stanford. Don't hate.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby Unagi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:46 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
masked kavana wrote:
ftw wrote:Congrats! This probably means that a second (mini)wave is now over. I don't think there will be a third one anytime soon :D


I remember doorkeeper saying that recent admits had to let Harvard know that they would attends sometime in July. So you never know...

Yes, it's early July. If people decline, like one already has and other may decide to, I think a few more JS1s might trickle out.


Except new JS1s already did trickle out, and we have a few new admits :) (who are, by definition, anyone but me and Elendil :D)


I'm also on the waitlist... Not that I have big expectations, but thought I should tell you and Elendil that you're not alone :D

User avatar
luluw
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:35 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby luluw » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:01 pm

KB1-->WL-->KB2!!! Got the email on Thursday saying KB would call me anytime on Friday. She asked me if I was still interested, I said yes, and she said congratulations!!! It's been 6 months since I had my KB1 but it was worth the wait :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ac8876a, Christinabruin and 9 guests