Harvard Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yepyepyep

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Postby yepyepyep » Thu May 03, 2012 1:56 pm

marcellus wrote:So, theres currently 52 people on the waitlist spreadsheet, and I'm guesstimating theres 30 TLSers reporting waitlists but not filling out the form. So the TLS waitlist contingent is maybe 80 people, and who knows how many others not on TLS with WLs.

Also, it looks like theres fewer high-LSATs on the 2012 waitlist compared to the 2011 waitlist. Could be good news for some here.

Not sure if you mean good news for high LSATers or low LSATers...as a high lsat-splitter, I'd think that they waitlisted more low LSAT people b/c they anticipate more of those spots getting open. Maybe the class that's already matriculated is very high LSAT. On the other hand, that means if someone with a high LSAT drops out, we have a better chance. So in other words, I'm guessing it's even.

marcellus

Postby marcellus » Thu May 03, 2012 2:38 pm

I'm not sure either; thats why I left it vague 8)

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Thu May 03, 2012 2:49 pm

So my friend has a urm WL theory that I'm trying to disprove (yes this is how I'm spending my thursday afternoon), she says that it seems Harvard hasn't WL many urm regular splitters (high LSAT, mid to low gpa) I was wondering if this is true? She claims that they mostly WL reverse splitter URMs. I think LSN disproves her theory but it's not always accurate. Anyone want to help me win.

ricsllscir

Postby ricsllscir » Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 pm

sharktankdean wrote:So my friend has a urm WL theory that I'm trying to disprove (yes this is how I'm spending my thursday afternoon), she says that it seems Harvard hasn't WL many urm regular splitters (high LSAT, mid to low gpa) I was wondering if this is true? She claims that they mostly WL reverse splitter URMs. I think LSN disproves her theory but it's not always accurate. Anyone want to help me win.

I'm a URM splitter, but don't know if my LSAT qualifies as that high for harvard

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Thu May 03, 2012 3:18 pm

I always thought AdComms are generally a lot more forgiving of low LSAT scores than GPAs for URMs (because it's standarized tests that show significant differences across racia/socio-economic lines and what-not). So maybe that's why they're placing URMs with good GPAs and not-so-stellar LSATs on the WL?

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Thu May 03, 2012 4:06 pm

I feel a lot calmer now that I've been WL than I did before. It's nice to not be expecting anything for a few weeks, for a change...

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu May 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:I feel a lot calmer now that I've been WL than I did before. It's nice to not be expecting anything for a few weeks, for a change...

Really? I thought I would feel that way as well but I'm still hoping for a KB now, there's no down time! Or should I just not be expecting any KBs to go out until late May?

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Thu May 03, 2012 5:07 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:I feel a lot calmer now that I've been WL than I did before. It's nice to not be expecting anything for a few weeks, for a change...

Really? I thought I would feel that way as well but I'm still hoping for a KB now, there's no down time! Or should I just not be expecting any KBs to go out until late May?

KBs probably won't be out for another 10-21 days. I'm going to be relaxed until the week of May 14th or so...

or if anyone reports one...

pdhopeful

Postby pdhopeful » Thu May 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Helpful TLS forum and fellow WL friends,

If I were to submit another LOR (non-academic from WE), do you think it would it be better to do it through LSAC or just to mail it to their office? Thanks!

46nyc

Postby 46nyc » Thu May 03, 2012 5:12 pm

pdhopeful wrote:Helpful TLS forum and fellow WL friends,

If I were to submit another LOR (non-academic from WE), do you think it would it be better to do it through LSAC or just to mail it to their office? Thanks!

I had a new LOR faxed to LSAC today and it appeared on my Harvard status checker even before LSAC marked it as received. So I'd say that's the way to go.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Thu May 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:

KBs probably won't be out for another 10-21 days. I'm going to be relaxed until the week of May 14th or so...

I think until that time comes, we should re-purpose this thread for meaningless (Harvard-related) banter :D

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu May 03, 2012 5:32 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:

I think until that time comes, we should re-purpose this thread for meaningless (Harvard-related) banter :D

Love this idea.

Parmenides

Postby Parmenides » Thu May 03, 2012 6:16 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:

So who else is growing Paper Chase style mustaches if they get in?

masked kavana

Postby masked kavana » Thu May 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Heck I'm going all wilford Brimley if I get a kb1

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Thu May 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Parmenides wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Really? I thought I would feel that way as well but I'm still hoping for a KB now, there's no down time! Or should I just not be expecting any KBs to go out until late May?

So who else is growing Paper Chase style mustaches if they get in?

It's hard for me to come up with anything drastic enough to pledge in the event of a KB1, since I can be convinced to do most outrageous/ridiculous things when drunks anyway... :( Not sure if that's a bad or a good thing for my quality of life :D

pdhopeful

Postby pdhopeful » Thu May 03, 2012 8:49 pm

46nyc wrote:
pdhopeful wrote:Helpful TLS forum and fellow WL friends,

I had a new LOR faxed to LSAC today and it appeared on my Harvard status checker even before LSAC marked it as received. So I'd say that's the way to go.

Thanks!

yepyepyep

Postby yepyepyep » Fri May 04, 2012 3:52 am

Parmenides wrote:So who else is growing Paper Chase style mustaches if they get in?

I'm already growing my Waitlist/Playoff Beard...

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri May 04, 2012 9:59 am

Dear Harvard,

My birthday is next week. Half of my friends have forgotten. I don't even think my family has remembered it. No celebration is planned, and no presents have been wrapped. I say all of this not for pity, but just to let you know that none of this would matter if I got a KB1 next week.

Please bring a little joy into this aspiring law student's life. From what I hear, there won't be much to go around after I start law school.

All the best,
Doorkeeper.

PS- Bonus points if I get a KB1 on my birthday.

icedflames

Postby icedflames » Fri May 04, 2012 10:01 am

Quick question: there was no form we need to send in to accept our spot on the waitlist correct?

The email just said that we are now on the waitlist.

I received the Stanford waitlist letter with the form, so now I'm wondering whether I missed something on that email.

jetissent

Postby jetissent » Fri May 04, 2012 10:04 am

icedflames wrote:Quick question: there was no form we need to send in to accept our spot on the waitlist correct?

I received the Stanford waitlist letter with the form, so now I'm wondering whether I missed something on that email.

I just replied to the email and my status checker changed from Wait list offered to Active on Waitlist.

icedflames

Postby icedflames » Fri May 04, 2012 10:09 am

jetissent wrote:
icedflames wrote:Quick question: there was no form we need to send in to accept our spot on the waitlist correct?

I just replied to the email and my status checker changed from Wait list offered to Active on Waitlist.

Ah thanks, mine still says waitlist offered, so I'll respond tonight

azgirl514

Postby azgirl514 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:31 am

Checking in -- I was waitlisted last week (168, 3.96, non-URM). It was a fun surprise! Realistically speaking, I'll be at Berkeley in the fall, though :) But this is definitely the only WL I am remaining on... it's good to dream, right?! I withdrew from every other school yesterday. Good luck guys!
Last edited by azgirl514 on Fri May 04, 2012 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Fri May 04, 2012 11:39 am

its def. a sloooooooow day in Cambridge.

azgirl514 wrote:Checking in -- I was waitlisted last week (168, 3.96, non-URM). It was a fun surprise! Realistically speaking, I'll be at Berkeley in the fall, though :) But this is definitely the only WL I am remaining on... it's good to dream, right?! I withdrew from every other school yesterday. Good luck guys!

Dreams come true...i saw last cycle a 4.0/166 got off the WL..that could happen to you.

adika86

Postby adika86 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:51 pm

sharktankdean wrote:its def. a sloooooooow day in Cambridge.

Every time my gmail shows a (1) or my phone dings, my heart skips a beat. I don't want to go through this for the rest of the summer.

Come on with KB1s for all of us WLs on Monday - why wait another week? Its not necessary 8)

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Fri May 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Is anyone sending in a new LOCI? After I was held I sent one in, but now that I'm waitlisted I'm not sure if that's advantageous or not.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”