Harvard Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Doorkeeper

Gold

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:57 pm

cerealdan wrote:sigh...
Yea...

Md814

New

Post by Md814 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:59 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
snehpets wrote: Maybe they didn't like one of us (snehpets) and are scheduling someone to replace that person.
This is a depressing thought...
sharktankdean wrote:In regards to the js1s next week remember Yale pulled from their WL this week so people might have withdrawn and they are trying to fill those spots. It doesn't mean that one of us is cut lol. But I really hope they don't make us wait any longer.
I hope you're right

What an entertaining weekend this will be
I think you misspelled agonizing.

New

Post by 19871987 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Hello,

I got an email from KB today offering me a phone interview next week. I know I can probably find the answers to these questions somewhere in this thread but if anyone wants to spare me the digging, I would be very appreciative.
-what does this say about my chances? have most people on the waitlist who've been offered interviews then been accepted?
-what can I expect? should I prepare anything?

thank you thank you thank you

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:17 pm

19871987 wrote:Hello,

I got an email from KB today offering me a phone interview next week. I know I can probably find the answers to these questions somewhere in this thread but if anyone wants to spare me the digging, I would be very appreciative.
-what does this say about my chances? have most people on the waitlist who've been offered interviews then been accepted?

#1. Congratulations! Would you mind letting us know when you got the email and things like numbers, URM/International status, etc.?
#2. KB...? or JS...?
#3. If this year holds consistent with past years, your chances are very good. However, this year as been interesting to say the least...
#4. I'll let somebody who had a recent JS1 answer this one... :lol:

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:23 pm

My friends just told me I'm displaying signs of depression. Fml

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

New

Post by 19871987 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Elendil wrote:

#1. Congratulations! Would you mind letting us know when you got the email and things like numbers, URM/International status, etc.?
#2. KB...? or JS...?
#3. If this year holds consistent with past years, your chances are very good. However, this year as been interesting to say the least...
Sure thing, thanks for the input. I got the email this afternoon. 168/3.91/non-URM, not international. KB, interview scheduled for Tuesday. Totally shocked since my LSAT is below their 25th percentile, but very, very excited.

spyke123

Bronze

Post by spyke123 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:02 pm

19871987 wrote:
Elendil wrote:

#2. KB...? or JS...?
Sure thing, thanks for the input. I got the email this afternoon. 168/3.91/non-URM, not international. KB, interview scheduled for Tuesday. Totally shocked since my LSAT is below their 25th percentile, but very, very excited.
wow congrats!!!
what are your softs? any WE?
what other schools are you considering?

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:08 pm

I'm confused KB is interviewing u??????? What the hell is going on??

JournalismToLaw

New

Post by JournalismToLaw » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:08 pm

19871987 wrote:Sure thing, thanks for the input. I got the email this afternoon. 168/3.91/non-URM, not international. KB, interview scheduled for Tuesday. Totally shocked since my LSAT is below their 25th percentile, but very, very excited.
This gives me (a little) hope again! Very similar numbers to me. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

New

Post by 19871987 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:20 pm

spyke123 wrote:
19871987 wrote:
Elendil wrote:

#2. KB...? or JS...?
wow congrats!!!
what are your softs? any WE?
what other schools are you considering?
I have 2 years of work experience (one in law). I went to an undergrad institution that sends a lot of alums to HLS. Besides that, I honestly don't really know.

I've deposited at NYU and will be going there unless HLS comes through (fingers crossed ahh)

New

Post by 19871987 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:21 pm

sharktankdean wrote:I'm confused KB is interviewing u??????? What the hell is going on??
Yes my email was from KB so I assume she will be interviewing me...

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:29 pm

I'm guessing theY split the WL pile in half and are each interviewing the people they pick. I only hope they don't have to choose from half of the KB1 pile and half of the JS1 pile into order to fill the class. That would be sooooo wrong!!
Last edited by sharktankdean on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:30 pm

This is so weird. Both KB and JS are now interviewing? WTF is going on?

I think everyone who interviewed this past week got JS.

Also, it's interesting that they need a high GPA person this early.
Last edited by Doorkeeper on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:This is so weird. Both KB and JS are now interviewing? For next week? WTF is going on?

I think everyone who interviewed this past week got JS.

Also, it's interesting that they need a high GPA person this early.
Are u sure JS is interviewing next week....it might have been JS this week and KB next week

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:38 pm

No idea. Either way, this is really odd. Also surprising that they need to go high GPA this late in the game.

Congrats to these JS1s!

kleenbean88

New

Post by kleenbean88 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:21 pm

JS1 this afternoon!!! Scheduled for Tuesday. URM, 3.78, 170. Good luck, all!!

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Wow. We're up to like at least 16-18 in the first wave from TLS alone. No doubt they're using the WL more this year.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ftw

New

Post by ftw » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Wow. We're up to like at least 16-18 in the first wave from TLS alone. No doubt they're using the WL more this year.
Either that or more people are using TLS.

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:42 pm

They must be all hands on deck, so JS and KB are both doing the interviews. Congrats all!

As if it wasn't possible, this just got more confusing wrt JS2's. KB2's? Maybe we were just the practice interview set this week. I wonder if they'll wait till next week to do all the JS/KB2s together now.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:45 pm

yepyepyep wrote:They must be all hands on deck, so JS and KB are both doing the interviews. Congrats all!

As if it wasn't possible, this just got more confusing wrt JS2's. KB2's? Maybe we were just the practice interview set this week. I wonder if they'll wait till next week to do all the JS/KB2s together now.

Someone get this man a bottle of 151, stat!

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:45 pm

yepyepyep wrote:They must be all hands on deck, so JS and KB are both doing the interviews. Congrats all!

MY LEASE IN NYC STARTS IN A WEEK AND A HALF. AHHH.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JournalismToLaw

New

Post by JournalismToLaw » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Also surprising that they need to go high GPA this late in the game.
I hope they need more next week! :o

pdhopeful

New

Post by pdhopeful » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:11 pm

So if I'm a high LSAT, low GPA, does it mean that I'm out of luck? I mean I was kind of out of luck to begin with, but am I now MORE out of luck than others waiting?

PS I know I lurk a lot and don't post much, but can I say how awesome all of you TLS'ers are compared to last year's HLS waitlist TLS people? You all are so supportive. HLS will be super lucky to have you.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:14 pm

pdhopeful wrote:So if I'm a high LSAT, low GPA, does it mean that I'm out of luck? I mean I was kind of out of luck to begin with, but am I now MORE out of luck than others waiting?

PS I know I lurk a lot and don't post much, but can I say how awesome all of you TLS'ers are compared to last year's HLS waitlist TLS people? You all are so supportive. HLS will be super lucky to have you.
I honestly don't think that anyone is out of luck. I know a few people who got JS1s on Monday were high LSAT/low GPA, but I have no idea if that has any bearing on who gets JS1s in the future.

Also, getting a WL offer with a 3.5 is pretty damn impressive. You must've done some awesome stuff!

JournalismToLaw

New

Post by JournalismToLaw » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
pdhopeful wrote:So if I'm a high LSAT, low GPA, does it mean that I'm out of luck? I mean I was kind of out of luck to begin with, but am I now MORE out of luck than others waiting?

I honestly don't think that anyone is out of luck. I know a few people who got JS1s on Monday were high LSAT/low GPA, but I have no idea if that has any bearing on who gets JS1s in the future.

Also, getting a WL offer with a 3.5 is pretty damn impressive. You must've done some awesome stuff!
It definitely seems like there is no pattern so far. At first it seemed mostly high LSAT's were the ones getting JS1s. I'd say you have just as much of a shot as the rest of us who haven't gotten a JS1 at this point.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”