Harvard Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Law4889

New

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Post by Law4889 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:27 am

Agreed! Fingers crossed for more URM JS1s (and especially 2s)

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:20 am

Can anyone who has an interview today PM me their interview time... I want to estimate when I can start looking at my phone. Today is going 2 be looooooooong. Please let it be today.

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:46 am

sharktankdean wrote:Can anyone who has an interview today PM me their interview time... I want to estimate when I can start looking at my phone. Today is going 2 be looooooooong. Please let it be today.
Someone earlier had said they had one at 8AM. I'm guessing if any JS2's come out today, it'll be in the PM.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:51 am

yepyepyep wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:Can anyone who has an interview today PM me their interview time... I want to estimate when I can start looking at my phone. Today is going 2 be looooooooong. Please let it be today.
Someone earlier had said they had one at 8AM. I'm guessing if any JS2's come out today, it'll be in the PM.

8am??? is the office even open at that time?

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 am

sharktankdean wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:

Haha...hmm I can't find the 8AM one anymore...but looking back over the thread someone did say "Friday AM". Either way, I'm guessing PM is the earliest for JS2s...So how shall we pass the time

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

deluxe

New

Post by deluxe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:14 am

yepyepyep wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:

Haha...hmm I can't find the 8AM one anymore...but looking back over the thread someone did say "Friday AM". Either way, I'm guessing PM is the earliest for JS2s...So how shall we pass the time
Hi, it's me. They would call me between 9am-10am, so I will be having my js1 in one hour. It's 8 o'clock in the evening here...

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:19 am

deluxe wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:

Hi, it's me. They would call me between 9am-10am, so I will be having my js1 in one hour. It's 8 o'clock in the evening here...
Good Luck...thats a really early JS1 (but obviously due to the time difference)....lets hope u wake up tomorrow with a JS2

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:42 am

deluxe wrote: Hi, it's me. They would call me between 9am-10am, so I will be having my js1 in one hour. It's 8 o'clock in the evening here...
Best of luck!

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:00 am

Pretty anxious to hear one way or another so I can know what I'm doing next year. Today will go by slowly. If i remember correctly they have made weekend calls in the past though. Hope your call goes great deluxe!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

marcellus

Bronze

Post by marcellus » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:09 am

15 reported JS1's so far in the WL wave.

Just for the record.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:50 am

yepyepyep wrote:Haha...hmm I can't find the 8AM one anymore...but looking back over the thread someone did say "Friday AM". Either way, I'm guessing PM is the earliest for JS2s...So how shall we pass the time
I definitely agree that today in the afternoon (after 1pm or so) is the earliest we might hear something. I'm optimistic for Friday JS2s, if only because it would make this weekend that much more awesome.
marcellus wrote:15 reported JS1's so far in the WL wave.

Just for the record.
Hmm...a bit higher than previous ones, which averaged 10-12, but not too out of the ordinary. I wonder what caused the increase.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:58 am

Just for the record.

I think its 14 not 15...deluxe had already been counted. But yeah it is a higher than last year..but they did take a month to start the WL movement..it might have given them more time to review more files or more people using TLS

arez

New

Post by arez » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 am

sharktankdean wrote:

Just for the record.

I think its 14 not 15...deluxe had already been counted. But yeah it is a higher than last year..but they did take a month to start the WL movement..it might have given them more time to review more files or more people using TLS
I remember seeing 16 interviews reported in the first round of waitlist interviews last year (which happened a month earlier than this year). That's coming from TLS and not LSN so maybe that explains the discrepancy.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:11 am

arez wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

Just for the record.

I remember seeing 16 interviews reported in the first round of waitlist interviews last year (which happened a month earlier than this year). That's coming from TLS and not LSN so maybe that explains the discrepancy.
but that included those who had prior JR1s (before the WL). All the reported interviews this time around are just from those who never had a JS1 prior to being waitlisted.

marcellus

Bronze

Post by marcellus » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:13 am

Oops, should've clarified that yanksy22 was the 15th.

deluxe

New

Post by deluxe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:16 am

I just finished my interview. The woman was great but I was a bit nervous..really hate phone interview and prefer face-to-face

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:19 am

deluxe wrote:I just finished my interview. The woman was great but I was a bit nervous..really hate phone interview and prefer face-to-face
Yea, I prefer face-to-face too, but JS was a good interviewer.

Let the JS2 nervousness begin!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 am

deluxe wrote:I just finished my interview. The woman was great but I was a bit nervous..really hate phone interview and prefer face-to-face

I think she expects us to be a little nervous..thats not a problem.

Now hopefully no one reports he/she has a JS1 scheduled for this afternoon...that would kill this friday theory.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

sharktankdean wrote:
arez wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:Just for the record.

but that included those who had prior JR1s (before the WL). All the reported interviews this time around are just from those who never had a JS1 prior to being waitlisted.[/quote]

I think this JS1 wave was also perhaps the equivalent of combined May and June waves from last year, because they've had more time to see who's withdrawing, deferring, etc. Which means EVEN less hope for those of us who didn't hear :D :D

neuropol

New

Post by neuropol » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:48 am

I'm betting on this afternoon for JS2 to some people at least... I hope. Seems like the international one scheduled for this AM was just an anomaly because of time difference. For my JS1, I was quite nervous as well, but it seems that's par for the course so it shouldn't be too bad. My guess with these interviews off the WL is that they are primarily to avoid accepting someone who would not attend. At least that's what they seemed to be in the past, though perhaps JS1 has her own protocol.

I'm going to try to immerse myself in a book while sitting next to my cell phone for the rest of the day...

Md814

New

Post by Md814 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 am

Just finished my JS1 and I was super nervous but she was great! I still feel like I didn't really get to convey my interests/personality/leadership enough though...

She said they're working as fast as they can, but it sounded like we may not have answers until next week :roll:

and now to start stress-eating and re-reading ASOIAF to try to distract myself...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 am

Md814 wrote:Just finished my JS1 and I was super nervous but she was great! I still feel like I didn't really get to convey my interests/personality/leadership enough though...

She said they're working as fast as they can, but it sounded like we may not have answers until next week :roll:

and now to start stress-eating and re-reading ASOIAF to try to distract myself...
Ugh what do they have to "work" on? They interviewed you from the waitlist - they should just accept you all! At worst, they wouldn't give 1 person of the whole wave a JS2, but even that decision wouldn't take them a whole weekend :D

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 am

Md814 wrote:Just finished my JS1 and I was super nervous but she was great! I still feel like I didn't really get to convey my interests/personality/leadership enough though...

lol..I'm proud i knew what that (the bolded) stood for once as soon as i saw it.

Also with more interviews happening today...my hopes are diminishing... are u located in a different country?

deluxe

New

Post by deluxe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:55 am

neuropol wrote:I'm betting on this afternoon for JS2 to some people at least... I hope. Seems like the international one scheduled for this AM was just an anomaly because of time difference. For my JS1, I was quite nervous as well, but it seems that's par for the course so it shouldn't be too bad. My guess with these interviews off the WL is that they are primarily to avoid accepting someone who would not attend. At least that's what they seemed to be in the past, though perhaps JS1 has her own protocol.

I'm going to try to immerse myself in a book while sitting next to my cell phone for the rest of the day...
This makes me even more nervous. Even if I'm admitted, will she call me when I am deep asleep? There's a 12 hour difference to be exact.
Weekend is impossible either. I will be away this time tomorrow to attend a party for newly admitted law students (all schools) and my parents don't understand English (sadly my mobile phone cannot accept international calls, so they can only call home).

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 am

Ugh the stress eating. Spending a lot of time at the pool in the next couple of weeks so I've been attempting not to become someone people cringe at when they see in a swimsuit, but the likelihood of this breaking my resolve is pushing 95%

Also I think internationals usually get emails deluxe.
Last edited by snehpets on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”