Harvard Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sharktankdean

Silver

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Post by sharktankdean » Fri May 25, 2012 4:05 pm

azgirl514 wrote:haha I am happy with my decision to go with Boalt, although there will always be a part of me wondering if I would have gotten in to Harvard, to be honest. But yeah... I knew that if by some miracle I did get in next week I would only have a few days to decide, which is a *lot* of pressure. I would have wanted to visit the school and I can't do that since I'm in Europe. So basically, I would be giving up Boalt (a school I visited, have friends at, and overall really liked) for Harvard (a huge school, far away from home, with no one I know). Don't get me wrong, it would have been totally worth it in terms of career and prestige, but... law school is going to suck either way, so I figure I might as well do it at a place that I feel comfortable. And it's not like I'm picking between Harvard and Thomas Jefferson School of Law.

Also, there is the tiny little point that I may have never gotten in at all. ;)

But seriously... GOOD LUCK people.
You make some good points..Good luck at Boalt!!!

Another week is ending...last full week in May..

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Fri May 25, 2012 4:34 pm

yepyepyep wrote:There will be a day when a deluge of Harvard acceptances takes over this forum and everyone will rejoice.

Just not today. Or Monday.
This makes me sad :(

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Fri May 25, 2012 7:18 pm

sharktankdean wrote:Also StrictlyBusiness, have they acknowledged the fact that today is your WL deadline? Or have you not heard from them yet?
Not so much as a "hey we're working on it."

I spent the day on the golf course drinking way too much, otherwise I'd have tried a phone call. I'm now going to wait til Tuesday morning to try calling (I also might try tomorrow/Monday but who knows on the long weekend), and if I can't get a straight answer then, well, the poll on singing telegram withdrawals will commence.

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Fri May 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Screw it, if they P you off too much there is always NOVUS.

http://novus.edu/

8)

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Fri May 25, 2012 8:19 pm

jurisx wrote:Screw it, if they P you off too much there is always NOVUS.

http://novus.edu/

8)
Is this... real?

ETA:
JD ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS

That you have acquired general knowledge and can read and communicate with comprehension and understanding, reason abstractly, and think critically, understand numerical data and statistics, learn independently, identify and or appreciate cultural diversity, develop an individual value method while understanding and maintaining tolerance for others.

A Bachelor's degree is not required for JD Law Admission. The Law School requires only one of the following to be admitted to Novus Law School:

An Associate’s Degree or
60 semester units or
Passed School Exam or
Five years professional or technical management or administrative experience

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pupshaw

Silver

Post by pupshaw » Sat May 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Last edited by pupshaw on Sun May 27, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Sat May 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Yeah it was meant as a smart ass joke. There are some legit online CBE Law schools (if you want to be stuck in Cali for life) but Novus is not one of them. I am impressed by the research and pastes, can't say I'd care enough to do the same.

Someone needs to post that subserviant chicken link over here from the grade waiting thread so you guys can waste time too. Waiting sucks. Sorry if I made you guys think about it too hard. :wink:

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Sun May 27, 2012 12:14 pm

jurisx wrote:Yeah it was meant as a smart ass joke. There are some legit online CBE law schools (if you want to be stuck in Cali for life) but Novus is not one of them. I am impressed by the research and pastes, can't say I'd care enough to do the same.

Someone needs to post that subserviant chicken link over here from the grade waiting thread so you guys can waste time too. Waiting sucks. Sorry if I made you guys think about it too hard. :wink:
You rub me the wrong way, and I generally like being rubbed.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Mon May 28, 2012 11:21 am

Soooo, another day is upon us. Except over in Cambridge, it is a holiday, and it is tooo much to ask that the Harvard Admissions Offices be working through a holiday :p

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JDflowergirl

Bronze

Post by JDflowergirl » Mon May 28, 2012 6:55 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:Soooo, another day is upon us. Except over in Cambridge, it is a holiday, and it is tooo much to ask that the Harvard Admissions Offices be working through a holiday :p

lol I think u were asking too much.. from the inactivity since u all got wait-listed i doubt they are even working on weekdays.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Mon May 28, 2012 7:30 pm

JDflowergirl wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Soooo, another day is upon us. Except over in Cambridge, it is a holiday, and it is tooo much to ask that the Harvard Admissions Offices be working through a holiday :p

lol I think u were asking too much.. from the inactivity since u all got wait-listed i doubt they are even working on weekdays.
haha i know, it was just a way to pass the time haha

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Tue May 29, 2012 5:05 am

JDflowergirl wrote:

My two immediate reactions to this were:
Hahahahahaha
and
*siiiiigh

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Tue May 29, 2012 10:40 am

I called this morning to see if I could get an optimistic answer to keep me on the WL for the rest of this week, but what I got was almost the opposite.

I'm sure this was the generic response, but the woman I talked to just said there hasn't been any movement yet and we don't know yet IF or when there will be.

So anyway, just withdrew, it was a good run everybody and I hope you all get a KB1 soon. Just maybe not today or tomorrow.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

adam1

Bronze

Post by adam1 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:15 am

StrictlyBusiness wrote:I called this morning to see if I could get an optimistic answer to keep me on the WL for the rest of this week, but what I got was almost the opposite.

I'm sure this was the generic response, but the woman I talked to just said there hasn't been any movement yet and we don't know yet IF or when there will be.

So anyway, just withdrew, it was a good run everybody and I hope you all get a KB1 soon. Just maybe not today or tomorrow.
Guess we should all withdraw... immediately.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue May 29, 2012 11:24 am

If they do not think there will be movement...don't they think WE would like to know this. After a month..how don't they know IF there is going to be movement? I'm really not getting this. Are they implying that the class is full? Or are they saying that they haven't taken the time to actually see if there is space (I know no one on this site can answer these questions). This is really stupid. If they felt there isn't space they would prob start cutting down the WL numbers...which they have not done.

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 am

StrictlyBusiness wrote:I called this morning to see if I could get an optimistic answer to keep me on the WL for the rest of this week, but what I got was almost the opposite.

I really wouldn't look at this as anything more than a standard generic response....

nkp007

Bronze

Post by nkp007 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:30 am

Elendil wrote:

I really wouldn't look at this as anything more than a standard generic response....
Creed knows what's up with HLS' admission office:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CLkK3mwU2A

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Tue May 29, 2012 11:33 am

adam1 wrote:

Hah, just to clarify, I had given them May 25 as my last day on the wait list. It was just getting to the point for me that I didn't know if I was going to attend if accepted anyway, so I figured I'd make it easy on myself and withdraw.

It wasn't a case of me thinking "Oh, they're not going to accept anyone so fuck it."

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue May 29, 2012 4:46 pm

I refuse to believe that the HYS classes are full. Hopefully me blind beliefs counts for something. Even Columbia, a school that hardly ever pulls from its WL, might do so this year.

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Tue May 29, 2012 11:49 pm

adam1 wrote:

why? The time passes the same if you do or don't. Do you get a refund for your application fee if you withdraw? If not, anyone who does without it being for the reason of attending another school that starts that day (and I promise most don't until fall) is an idiot.

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 am

jurisx wrote:
adam1 wrote:

why? The time passes the same if you do or don't. Do you get a refund for your application fee if you withdraw? If not, anyone who does without it being for the reason of attending another school that starts that day (and I promise most don't until fall) is an idiot.
I'm pretty sure Adam1 was joking
But on that note, maybe the admissions person was just giving us a formal logic problem to diagram for fun.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

adam1

Bronze

Post by adam1 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:06 am

A. The class is at or very near capacity.

B. The crazy admissions cycle, complete with application level drop and late admissions, has H a few weeks late putting together its perennial, relatively big WL->Admit wave.

What do we think?

adika86

New

Post by adika86 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:39 am

adam1 wrote: B. The crazy admissions cycle, complete with application level drop and late admissions, has H a few weeks late putting together its perennial, relatively big WL->Admit wave.
Crazy admissions cycle, maternity leaves, lower applications, late deadlines, etc.

Does H have a 2nd deposit deadline in mid-June?

MichelFoucault

Bronze

Post by MichelFoucault » Wed May 30, 2012 4:22 pm

adika86 wrote:
adam1 wrote: B. The crazy admissions cycle, complete with application level drop and late admissions, has H a few weeks late putting together its perennial, relatively big WL->Admit wave.
Crazy admissions cycle, maternity leaves, lower applications, late deadlines, etc.

Does H have a 2nd deposit deadline in mid-June?
Just curious does anyone know how many applicants H has historically pulled from the WL?

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Oh ny goooood! JS1!!!!!! Scheduled for tuesday!!! Oooh myyu goood!!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”