Harvard Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adika86

New

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Post by adika86 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Congrats to you guys :)

Edit: For anyone else that wants to look back (even though this cycle is completely different), last year there was a wave the first day, and then more came out the second. A quick glance looked like 3-4, all URM, on day 1 and then 2-3 of non-URM on day 2...and then flood gates open. Looks like our numbers aren't significantly different than that, so lets hope for a few more tomorrow!

JournalismToLaw

New

Post by JournalismToLaw » Wed May 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Congrats to everyone who got a JS1 today! Hopefully there is more good news coming for the rest of us.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 30, 2012 9:05 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:Congrats guys!

Did either of you send in new LOCIs after being WLd?

I did not send a LOCI
thanks guys!! im soooo excited!! :) trying not to freak out too much. i also didnt send a loci after i was wl but i did send two when i was held. hoping for some more love in this thread!! :)

adam1

Bronze

Post by adam1 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 pm

JDflowergirl wrote:
Mista Bojangles wrote:Hey all - JS1 today as well. Trying realllllly hard to keep a lid on my excitement. It's unreal how bad I want this.

Hey Mista Bojanglee are URM or international?
MB is of an international, non-trad variety, if my memory serves me.

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Wed May 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Congrats to everyone so far, I think we can throw out any worries I gave you about the class being full, and it seems like there will be plenty more- I'm sure that the URMs weren't the only to withdraw.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mista Bojangles

Bronze

Post by Mista Bojangles » Wed May 30, 2012 11:03 pm

adam1 wrote:
JDflowergirl wrote:
Mista Bojangles wrote:Hey all - JS1 today as well. Trying realllllly hard to keep a lid on my excitement. It's unreal how bad I want this.

Non-URM, non-international. I don't think I'd be considered non-traditional either as I'm not all that far out of UG.

jungminnee

New

Post by jungminnee » Wed May 30, 2012 11:37 pm

congrats!!!! :)

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Thu May 31, 2012 12:43 am

Mista Bojangles wrote:
adam1 wrote:
JDflowergirl wrote:

Non-URM, non-international. I don't think I'd be considered non-traditional either as I'm not all that far out of UG.
It was surprising that you didn't get in regular admission. Congrats! And congrats to all the other JS1s. Let's hope we can join you soon.

JDflowergirl

Bronze

Post by JDflowergirl » Thu May 31, 2012 5:15 am

Mista Bojangles wrote:
adam1 wrote:
JDflowergirl wrote:

:shock: :arrow: :mrgreen: this means they might not be following the same pattern as last year..anyone of u guys could u next!!!!!!! rooting 4 all of you!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

adam1

Bronze

Post by adam1 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:00 am

Mista Bojangles wrote:
adam1 wrote:
JDflowergirl wrote:

Oops. My bad. I could have sworn there was something there.

adam1

Bronze

Post by adam1 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 pm

JS1 party later today. Everybody's invited.

dip_spLitter

New

Post by dip_spLitter » Thu May 31, 2012 12:57 pm

Been following this thread solely out of curiosity. Congrats to all on the JS1's so far, hopefully there are more to come. Not to rub salt in what I'm sure is an open wound but how does Mista Bojangles (3.8, 179) even get WL'ed to begin with? Again, congrats to all the JS1's so far, I'm certainly pulling for the rest of you, good luck!

neuropol

New

Post by neuropol » Thu May 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Hey all - just bumping up this question - does it seem like most WL JS1s become admits? I'm just trying to know how much I can assume before I can post my apartment online...

Adam1, you think you'd go to HLS over Yale?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

adam1

Bronze

Post by adam1 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:31 pm

neuropol wrote:Hey all - just bumping up this question - does it seem like most WL JS1s become admits? I'm just trying to know how much I can assume before I can post my apartment online...

Hey, yeah that question got lost in all the action yesterday.

Historically, the admit rate on WL->JS1 is nearly 100%. And by nearly I mean I've never heard of anything but that outcome (in the three years I've been paying attention). These things do change though, and this is a strange year.

No, I would not go to HLS over Yale. I'm WL at both (and SLS) though, so at this point I'll take whatever I can get.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu May 31, 2012 2:25 pm

adam1 wrote:
neuropol wrote:Hey all - just bumping up this question - does it seem like most WL JS1s become admits? I'm just trying to know how much I can assume before I can post my apartment online...

Historically, the admit rate on WL->JS1 is nearly 100%. And by nearly I mean I've never heard of anything but that outcome (in the three years I've been paying attention). These things do change though, and this is a strange year.

No, I would not go to HLS over Yale. I'm WL at both (and SLS) though, so at this point I'll take whatever I can get.
At least one person last year reported not getting a second call after interviewing, but I think that's the exception.

merrill45

New

Post by merrill45 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:24 pm

What time of day have people been receiving JS1 emails?

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Thu May 31, 2012 3:26 pm

merrill45 wrote:What time of day have people been receiving JS1 emails?
People reported them around 4:30PM EDT yesterday.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu May 31, 2012 3:44 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
adam1 wrote:

At least one person last year reported not getting a second call after interviewing, but I think that's the exception.
Just looked at my emails from last year and I was WL on 4/26 and interviewed on 5/6 but didnt get a JR2 :/ haha also at the time i was oblivious to the whole LS admissions process so I had no idea what getting an interview even meant. So I definitely dont think its a gaurantee.

Fingerscrossed this time around I get a JS2!!!

JDflowergirl

Bronze

Post by JDflowergirl » Thu May 31, 2012 4:03 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
adam1 wrote:

Just looked at my emails from last year and I was WL on 4/26 and interviewed on 5/6 but didnt get a JR2 :/ haha also at the time i was oblivious to the whole LS admissions process so I had no idea what getting an interview even meant. So I definitely dont think its a gaurantee.

Fingerscrossed this time around I get a JS2!!!
Interesting...do you think you said anything during your interview that hurt your chances? Like did you not say you would definitely attend if offered a spot or that you were still weighing your options...from previous threads it looks like almost everyone who got a JS1 after being wait-listed got a JS2..especially people who got their invites in the 1st round. The one person who didn't told JR that she/he was not really considering Harvard anymore.

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Thu May 31, 2012 4:22 pm

C'mon... more JS1's... please? :?

shepson

New

Post by shepson » Thu May 31, 2012 4:36 pm

I felt like I'd given up, but with the JS1 movement yesterday, my heart's all pitter patter. Hopefully some news tomorrow!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu May 31, 2012 4:47 pm

On my phone sobi couldnt quote the above, but im not surprised if i said something stupid. at the time i knew i wudnt be attending most likely even if i was offered a spot cuz i had already deffered at columbia. im not sure if i mentioned that to jr on th phone but like i said this was before i got smart about the process haha. so this time around i will be MAKING sure to communicate that i want harvard soooo bad :p

Also more js1's in this thread please :)

edit: also please excuse the atrocious typing :p

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Thu May 31, 2012 4:58 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:On my phone sobi couldnt quote the above, but im not surprised if i said something stupid. at the time i knew i wudnt be attending most likely even if i was offered a spot cuz i had already deffered at columbia. im not sure if i mentioned that to jr on th phone but like i said this was before i got smart about the process haha. so this time around i will be MAKING sure to communicate that i want harvard soooo bad :p

Also more js1's in this thread please :)

edit: also please excuse the atrocious typing :p
...aren't you required to attend the following year if you defer? I didn't realize that you could reapply the following cycle!

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Guess yesterday's wave ended.
What days were your interviews scheduled for, so we know when to expect the second wave? I'm guessing it'll be after that.

soleilik

New

Post by soleilik » Thu May 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi everyone. Congrats to all the JS1s!!!

Tomorrow is my deadline to officially accept Berkeley's offer (and by accepting, you are required to withdraw all of your other applications immediately). When I was responding to Harvard's waitlist email, I did not specify June 1st as my deadline for riding the waitlist (which I regret). I was planning to withdraw from the waitlist today, but as the movement began yesterday, I can't help but wonder if I would actually have a chance if I didn't withdraw today.
I was thinking about calling Harvard Admissions, but I don't see what good could come out of that since I haven't even had the phone interview yet... Don't know what to do. Anyone else in the same boat?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”