Harvard Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:36 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
kleenbean88 wrote:She was perfectly nice. Called me around 20min into the allotted hour. Asked what I was up to, about what I had done previously, whether I was still interested in what I'd mentioned, whether Harvard was still a viable option--personal questions, but all quite easy to answer. I said that I honestly had no questions other than when I'd hear back, and she said that should be within a week! The call lasted 5 minutes. (I felt no compulsion to ask a question if I didn't have one.)

Is financial aid the reason some people who are still on the waitlist are not sure they would attend if accepted?

Best of luck to all of you!!
Is it just me or does this interview sound like..."your in, we just wanted to make sure u were still interested"
5 mins--they are speeding things up..
the 5 min may just be because kleenbean didnt have any questions. But this whole "within a week thing" this is the first we are hearing of any kind of actual timeframe!

rotaxkarter

Bronze

Post by rotaxkarter » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:41 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:
kleenbean88 wrote:She was perfectly nice. Called me around 20min into the allotted hour. Asked what I was up to, about what I had done previously, whether I was still interested in what I'd mentioned, whether Harvard was still a viable option--personal questions, but all quite easy to answer. I said that I honestly had no questions other than when I'd hear back, and she said that should be within a week! The call lasted 5 minutes. (I felt no compulsion to ask a question if I didn't have one.)

Is financial aid the reason some people who are still on the waitlist are not sure they would attend if accepted?

Is it just me or does this interview sound like..."your in, we just wanted to make sure u were still interested"

the 5 min may just be because kleenbean didnt have any questions. But this whole "within a week thing" this is the first we are hearing of any kind of actual timeframe!
This week would be fantastic. Anyone know what happens if they decide not to take someone after a wl-js/kb1? Does the person receive a reject email with the js/kb2 wave or are they stuck in limbo indefinitely?

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:47 pm

rotaxkarter wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

This week would be fantastic. Anyone know what happens if they decide not to take someone after a wl-js/kb1? Does the person receive a reject email with the js/kb2 wave or are they stuck in limbo indefinitely?
I know for me last year I just didn't hear back at all until August when they sent me an email letting me know the class was full.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:47 pm

rotaxkarter wrote:This week would be fantastic. Anyone know what happens if they decide not to take someone after a wl-js/kb1? Does the person receive a reject email with the js/kb2 wave or are they stuck in limbo indefinitely?
Why are you worrying about such a silly question, my friend?

(In limbo)

rotaxkarter

Bronze

Post by rotaxkarter » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
rotaxkarter wrote:This week would be fantastic. Anyone know what happens if they decide not to take someone after a wl-js/kb1? Does the person receive a reject email with the js/kb2 wave or are they stuck in limbo indefinitely?

(In limbo)
Haha. It would be really nice to know that my cycle would finally be over one way or another within a week...from the post above, I guess I don't have that guarantee lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:53 pm

rotaxkarter wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:

(In limbo)
Haha. It would be really nice to know that my cycle would finally be over one way or another within a week...from the post above, I guess I don't have that guarantee lol.
haha NOOOOPE! there is no such this as guarantee with Harvard, only LIMBO

hehehe, i am praying for at least some closure either way by the end of this week. But an acceptance by thursday would be nice so I don't have to loose another $900 in deposits.

deluxe

New

Post by deluxe » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:54 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:my bad...but schools know that not everyone who gets off the WL comes...i guess she is just trying to make sure that they admit the people who will actually come. I think she knows its unfair to ask "Will you attend if admitted" especially since its June and they are really messing up everyone's plans (and i mean everyone...if there is in fact movement..this will affect other lower ranked schools) but she has to get the answer indirectly no matter what...

The question i thought was iffy was "what school did u deposit at?' If someone was in at Stanford and really wanted to go to Harvard...this might mess him/her up. My friend thinks they asked the question to do a background check with other schools and make sure u can withdraw from that school and actually attend Harvard in the fall. i don't think they have time for that.
They asked you where you deposited?????
I was asked this question too.
Last edited by deluxe on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaPrincesa

New

Post by DaPrincesa » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:58 pm

I hate posting on here, but I can't stand to read the posts and not comment.
I was warned by my Dean not to touch forums like this, because as much as students troll, law school decision makers troll more. I wouldn't want to give away anything that would make a law school not want me, but perhaps those of you experienced with TLS know more.
I had a phone interview with KB. This was my first interview. I was not asked about the school I've committed to, but I volunteered it when I was explaining my answer to am I in the position to go should I be accepted.
My answer was YES I would go without a doubt, BUT, I am indeed in a bit of a financial problem since I'm straight from undergrad, and my parents hate me for daring to look at a different school now I've paid in my deposits, signed a lease, and what not. They weren't helping me much before, but they will not be helping me at all now.

So if you're freaking, don't worry..I will not likely be accepted, and my spot from the waitlist will be open for one of you.
If you want numbers, please message me. I'd rather not post anything else that might identify me with the admission folks.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:44 pm

DaPrincesa wrote:I hate posting on here, but I can't stand to read the posts and not comment.
I was warned by my Dean not to touch forums like this, because as much as students troll, law school decision makers troll more. I wouldn't want to give away anything that would make a law school not want me, but perhaps those of you experienced with TLS know more.
I had a phone interview with KB. This was my first interview. I was not asked about the school I've committed to, but I volunteered it when I was explaining my answer to am I in the position to go should I be accepted.
My answer was YES I would go without a doubt, BUT, I am indeed in a bit of a financial problem since I'm straight from undergrad, and my parents hate me for daring to look at a different school now I've paid in my deposits, signed a lease, and what not. They weren't helping me much before, but they will not be helping me at all now.

So if you're freaking, don't worry..I will not likely be accepted, and my spot from the waitlist will be open for one of you.
If you want numbers, please message me. I'd rather not post anything else that might identify me with the admission folks.
did this scare everyone away...or did the conversation just die down?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:49 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
DaPrincesa wrote:I hate posting on here, but I can't stand to read the posts and not comment.

did this scare everyone away...or did the conversation just die down?
haha, i was also wondering about this lol.

mikeylikesit

Bronze

Post by mikeylikesit » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:17 pm

So everyone is positive they can see where you are deposited? I understand them being able to see that you've made a deposit somewhere, but seeing exactly where seems like a bit of a privacy issue. Plus as stated earlier, probably really skews things for anyone deposited at a peer school...

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:23 pm

mikeylikesit wrote:So everyone is positive they can see where you are deposited? I understand them being able to see that you've made a deposit somewhere, but seeing exactly where seems like a bit of a privacy issue. Plus as stated earlier, probably really skews things for anyone deposited at a peer school...
I thought only the schools you have deposited to can see if you deposited somewhere else. I didn't think all schools can see everyone.

masked kavana

Bronze

Post by masked kavana » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:32 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
mikeylikesit wrote:So everyone is positive they can see where you are deposited? I understand them being able to see that you've made a deposit somewhere, but seeing exactly where seems like a bit of a privacy issue. Plus as stated earlier, probably really skews things for anyone deposited at a peer school...
I thought only the schools you have deposited to can see if you deposited somewhere else. I didn't think all schools can see everyone.
I don't remember which thread it was in but I thought it was established that dean Soban sees ALL..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:23 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
Didn't think they can see that information...

"Multiple-Deposit Notification
Each year, LSAC provides participating law schools with periodic reports detailing the number of applicants who have submitted seat deposits or commitments at other participating schools, along with identification of those other schools. Beginning May 15 each year, these reports now also include the names and LSAC account numbers for all candidates who have deposits/commitments at multiple participating schools."

http://www.lsac.org/jd/apply/whom-to-admit.asp

curiouscat

Bronze

Post by curiouscat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:31 pm

I think schools can see where you deposited. When a school where I had deposited contacted me to ask about multiple deposits, they mentioned the other school by name.

But then, JS asked me where I had deposited during the interview, and from her tone I got the sense that she actually didn't know. Why would she ask if she had the information right there?

Maybe that information becomes available to a school when you put down a seat deposit there, but not to other schools...?

pupshaw

Silver

Post by pupshaw » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:16 pm

So do we think there's any chance at all for JS2s tomorrow?

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:29 pm

cerealdan wrote:So do we think there's any chance at all for JS2s tomorrow?

I mean . . . I wouldn't complain about receiving a joint KB1/KB2 . . .

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

neuropol

New

Post by neuropol » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Doubtful. I bet on Friday, if not Monday

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:41 pm

cerealdan wrote:So do we think there's any chance at all for JS2s tomorrow?
prob not gonna happen..

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Thursday. I feel Thursday.

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 pm

yepyepyep wrote:Thursday. I feel Thursday.

I think Thursday/Friday have potential. I'm hopeful that their 24-hour turn-around on interviews is indicative of their intent to release acceptances at the end of this week.

After reading through the 2011 and 2010 threads, it's actually quite odd that they haven't told anyone a date to expect a decision by. In 2010 there were joint JR1/2's and in 2011 numerous people reported that they'd hear back "in a couple of days" or "at the beginning of the next week."

Anyway, I just hate waits!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:44 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:Thursday. I feel Thursday.

I think Thursday/Friday have potential. I'm hopeful that their 24-hour turn-around on interviews is indicative of their intent to release acceptances at the end of this week.

After reading through the 2011 and 2010 threads, it's actually quite odd that they haven't told anyone a date to expect a decision by. In 2010 there were joint JR1/2's and in 2011 numerous people reported that they'd hear back "in a couple of days" or "at the beginning of the next week."

Anyway, I just hate waits!
Yeah I guess since it's taking them longer, they just want to do all the waves at once, including the acceptances.

marcellus

Bronze

Post by marcellus » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:06 am

DaPrincesa wrote:I had a phone interview with KB.

JDflowergirl

Bronze

Post by JDflowergirl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:45 am

Good Luck thelawschoolproject and larsoner!!!

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:49 am

JDflowergirl wrote:Good Luck thelawschoolproject and larsoner!!!

Thanks! Same to your boyfriend! Let us know how it goes :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”