Harvard Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sharktankdean

Silver

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 am

deluxe wrote:
neuropol wrote:I'm betting on this afternoon for JS2 to some people at least... I hope. Seems like the international one scheduled for this AM was just an anomaly because of time difference. For my JS1, I was quite nervous as well, but it seems that's par for the course so it shouldn't be too bad. My guess with these interviews off the WL is that they are primarily to avoid accepting someone who would not attend. At least that's what they seemed to be in the past, though perhaps JS1 has her own protocol.

I'm going to try to immerse myself in a book while sitting next to my cell phone for the rest of the day...
This makes me even more nervous. Even if I'm admitted, will she call me when I am deep asleep? There's a 12 hour difference to be exact.
Weekend is impossible either. I will be away this time tomorrow to attend a party for newly admitted law students (all schools) and my parents don't understand English (sadly my mobile phone cannot accept international calls, so they can only call home).

You will prob get an email.

Md814

New

Post by Md814 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 am

hypothalamus wrote:
Md814 wrote:Just finished my JS1 and I was super nervous but she was great! I still feel like I didn't really get to convey my interests/personality/leadership enough though...

She said they're working as fast as they can, but it sounded like we may not have answers until next week :roll:

and now to start stress-eating and re-reading ASOIAF to try to distract myself...
Ugh what do they have to "work" on? They interviewed you from the waitlist - they should just accept you all! At worst, they wouldn't give 1 person of the whole wave a JS2, but even that decision wouldn't take them a whole weekend :D
Haha my thoughts exactly...although now you have me worried that I'll be that one person of the wave who doesn't get it lol. But I did tell her that I will absolutely attend if I get in, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Md814

New

Post by Md814 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:01 am

snehpets wrote:
Md814 wrote:Just finished my JS1 and I was super nervous but she was great! I still feel like I didn't really get to convey my interests/personality/leadership enough though...

She said they're working as fast as they can, but it sounded like we may not have answers until next week :roll:

and now to start stress-eating and re-reading ASOIAF to try to distract myself...
Ugh the stress eating. Spending a lot of time at the pool in the next couple of weeks so I've been attempting not to become someone people cringe at when they see in a swimsuit, but the likelihood of this breaking my resolve is pushing 95%

Also I think internationals usually get emails deluxe.
yeah...there was a whole container of chocolate-covered raisins in my kitchen yesterday. yesterday

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:04 am

Md814, are you international, or in the US?

If there are interviews with US people today, my hopes of JS2s coming out today decreases.

To next week!

deluxe

New

Post by deluxe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:06 am

Doorkeeper wrote:Md814, are you international, or in the US?

If there are interviews with US people today, my hopes of JS2s coming out today decreases.

To next week!
The profile says domestic, but maybe out of the country for the moment...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:07 am

hope decreasing from 50% to 30%

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 am

sharktankdean wrote:
deluxe wrote:
neuropol wrote:I'm betting on this afternoon for JS2 to some people at least... I hope. Seems like the international one scheduled for this AM was just an anomaly because of time difference. For my JS1, I was quite nervous as well, but it seems that's par for the course so it shouldn't be too bad. My guess with these interviews off the WL is that they are primarily to avoid accepting someone who would not attend. At least that's what they seemed to be in the past, though perhaps JS1 has her own protocol.

I'm going to try to immerse myself in a book while sitting next to my cell phone for the rest of the day...
This makes me even more nervous. Even if I'm admitted, will she call me when I am deep asleep? There's a 12 hour difference to be exact.
Weekend is impossible either. I will be away this time tomorrow to attend a party for newly admitted law students (all schools) and my parents don't understand English (sadly my mobile phone cannot accept international calls, so they can only call home).

You will prob get an email.
Do they not send an email if you miss the call?

Md814

New

Post by Md814 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:13 am

To next week!
I'm in the US. JS brought up the timeline herself at the end of the interview and it sounded like it may be awhile before we hear.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:14 am

Md814 wrote:

To next week!
I'm in the US. JS brought up the timeline herself at the end of the interview and it sounded like it may be awhile before we hear.
Hmm. Damn. What'd she say to you? She just told me that they're doing things asap.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:15 am

Md814 wrote:

To next week!
MOAR JS1's?!? :D

Ps- Good luck to all of those waiting for JS2's... sincerely hope you get them today!!! :D

Md814

New

Post by Md814 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:17 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
Md814 wrote:

To next week!
Hmm. Damn. What'd she say to you? She just told me that they're doing things asap.
I don't remember exactly, seeing as I was having a minor stroke the whole time, but she used the word "unfortunately" and said they're trying to get everything done as soon as possible and we'll hear as soon as they know. Sorry I don't remember exactly what she said, but the way she said it sounded like we may have to wait it out a bit. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that's the impression I got.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:23 am

Md814 wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
Md814 wrote:

To next week!
I don't remember exactly, seeing as I was having a minor stroke the whole time, but she used the word "unfortunately" and said they're trying to get everything done as soon as possible and we'll hear as soon as they know. Sorry I don't remember exactly what she said, but the way she said it sounded like we may have to wait it out a bit. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that's the impression I got.
Oh, ok. I got the same line. From that I interpreted soon, but maybe not immediately. Next week it is.

Elendil wrote:MOAR JS1's?!? :D

Ps- Good luck to all of those waiting for JS2's... sincerely hope you get them today!!! :D
They're coming! Maybe not today, but history indicates more will come.

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:33 am

Yeah she told me "unfortunately I can't give you an exact time." lol at "having a minor stroke the whole time"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

Hope just fell to 10% I keep trying to distract myself but it's not working.

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:53 am

sharktankdean wrote:Hope just fell to 10% I keep trying to distract myself but it's not working.
Lol. I went from Harvard being the last thing on my mind to refreshing TLS almost as much as I did when I was hoping to get into NYU last fall in less than a week.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:03 pm

snehpets wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:Hope just fell to 10% I keep trying to distract myself but it's not working.
Lol. I went from Harvard being the last thing on my mind to refreshing TLS almost as much as I did when I was hoping to get into NYU last fall in less than a week.
You're moving up in the world :D

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:06 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
snehpets wrote:
:( want you to be in this situation too!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:13 pm

snehpets wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
snehpets wrote: Lol. I went from Harvard being the last thing on my mind to refreshing TLS almost as much as I did when I was hoping to get into NYU last fall in less than a week.
I have started trolling craigslist all day at work. Makes me feel a lot better about myself :D

ETA: I highly recommend that those of you stressing out about JS2 go to the New York City craigslist and read some ETC job postings :D :D

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:22 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
snehpets wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
snehpets wrote: Lol. I went from Harvard being the last thing on my mind to refreshing TLS almost as much as I did when I was hoping to get into NYU last fall in less than a week.
I have started trolling craigslist all day at work. Makes me feel a lot better about myself :D

ETA: I highly recommend that those of you stressing out about JS2 go to the New York City craigslist and read some ETC job postings :D :D
Generally speaking, craigslist is a good place to go if you want to feel better about yourself and your life.

"Best of" is especially great to read.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:34 pm

Have you had experience making money as a "HUMAN BILLBOARD" or "WALKING ADVERTISEMENT?" Have you tattooed or painted a website or company's logo onto your body to make a few bucks?

Beat that, DoorKeeper!

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Waaaaaaa I just woke up (started work late today) so the day would pass faster, but its still before 1pm and hope in this thread has dwindled significantly haha. I'm still holding out hope for some late afternoon JS2s!! And JS1's all around!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pupshaw

Silver

Post by pupshaw » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:51 pm

So looks like last year the JR2s went out on the Monday morning after the week in which everyone had their JR1s.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:53 pm

cerealdan wrote:So looks like last year the JR2s went out on the Monday morning after the week in which everyone had their JR1s.
Oh man. This is going to be one looooooong weekend.

I will attempt to sleep and drink my way through it accordingly.

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
cerealdan wrote:So looks like last year the JR2s went out on the Monday morning after the week in which everyone had their JR1s.

+2983459023840923

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:02 pm

yepyepyep wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:

+2983459023840923
Glad to see we are ALL on the same page.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”