Harvard Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Tue May 22, 2012 3:54 pm

adika86 wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:even a random email or blog post would be appreciated at this point
+1000
+160000000

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Tue May 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Guess it's not going to be today...

(Maybe reverse psychology will work?)

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Tue May 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Guess it's not going to be today...

(Maybe reverse psychology will work?)
And it DEFINITELY won't be tomorrow if today passes without news! :lol:

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue May 22, 2012 4:08 pm

I really wonder whats holding the triage (YHS) back..none have had TLS Wait List movement....

nkp007

Bronze

Post by nkp007 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:12 pm

sharktankdean wrote:I really wonder whats holding the triage (YHS) back..none have had TLS Wait List movement....
Hopefully they're freaking out because law school admissions just got harder for them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue May 22, 2012 4:14 pm

nkp007 wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:I really wonder whats holding the triage (YHS) back..none have had TLS Wait List movement....
Hopefully they're freaking out because law school admissions just got harder for them.

If they are freaking out then its prob not a good sign for us

seanPtheB

Bronze

Post by seanPtheB » Tue May 22, 2012 4:15 pm

nkp007 wrote:
Haha this pleaseee

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Tue May 22, 2012 4:24 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
nkp007 wrote:

If they are freaking out then its prob not a good sign for us
So wishful it's not even in the thinking category :D :D

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Tue May 22, 2012 4:26 pm

seanPtheB wrote:
nkp007 wrote:
Haha this pleaseee
+1

"AHHHHH UNDERENROLLED BY 20%? LSAT MEDIAN IN DANGER OF FALLING TO 170? Karen pack your things and get your pregnant ass outta here. Jessica, ADMIT EVERYONE OFF WAITLIST!" 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Tue May 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
seanPtheB wrote:
nkp007 wrote:
Haha this pleaseee
+1

"AHHHHH UNDERENROLLED BY 20%? LSAT MEDIAN IN DANGER OF FALLING TO 170? Karen pack your things and get your pregnant ass outta here. Jessica, ADMIT EVERYONE OFF WAITLIST!" 8)
This is happening tommorrow.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue May 22, 2012 4:47 pm

I really hope things start to move soon but is it possible that the class is full? Have there been years when there was no movement on the WL?

ScratchableItch

Bronze

Post by ScratchableItch » Tue May 22, 2012 5:00 pm

sharktankdean wrote:I really hope things start to move soon but is it possible that the class is full? Have there been years when there was no movement on the WL?
I looked at LSN, and there have been people taken off the waitlist every year with the exception of 2003-4. However, that was the first year LSN was running, and there are far fewer data points.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Tue May 22, 2012 5:08 pm

ScratchableItch wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:I really hope things start to move soon but is it possible that the class is full? Have there been years when there was no movement on the WL?
I looked at LSN, and there have been people taken off the waitlist every year with the exception of 2003-4. However, that was the first year LSN was running, and there are far fewer data points.
Yea, I highly doubt that the class is full considering previous trends. Also, in 2003-2004 there was probably a few WL acceptances, as some people reported that their decision was in June. They just didn't know how to say "WL -> A" yet.

It's been 19 days so far. No idea why it's taking longer than normal...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Tue May 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
ScratchableItch wrote:
Yea, I highly doubt that the class is full considering previous trends. Also, in 2003-2004 there was probably a few WL acceptances, as some people reported that their decision was in June. They just didn't know how to say "WL -> A" yet.

KB is pregnant again? They went on vacation? (The latter one is actually somewhat possible...)

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Tue May 22, 2012 5:11 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
ScratchableItch wrote:

KB is pregnant again? They went on vacation? (The latter one is actually somewhat possible...)
As is the former...

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue May 22, 2012 5:12 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
ScratchableItch wrote:

I'm going to try and call them and see if they have had any movement at all..i doubt she will tell me if the class if full though. Even if its is full be nice to know

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Tue May 22, 2012 5:22 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
ScratchableItch wrote:

I'm going to try and call them and see if they have had any movement at all..i doubt she will tell me if the class if full though. Even if its is full be nice to know
"Hello sir/madam, have you had any movement in the past two weeks?" :wink:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JDflowergirl

Bronze

Post by JDflowergirl » Tue May 22, 2012 5:22 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
ScratchableItch wrote:

Just to save you time my friend called last week (i think it was Thursday or Friday) and they said they had not made any new offers. Also they will not tell you if the class is full.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue May 22, 2012 5:40 pm

JDflowergirl wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
ScratchableItch wrote: I looked at LSN, and there have been people taken off the waitlist every year with the exception of 2003-4. However, that was the first year LSN was running, and there are far fewer data points.

Just to save you time my friend called last week (i think it was Thursday or Friday) and they said they had not made any new offers. Also they will not tell you if the class is full.
lol why didn't u mention this sooner..we were debating over this...but thanks..i guess there is no point calling.

nkp007

Bronze

Post by nkp007 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
seanPtheB wrote:
nkp007 wrote:
Haha this pleaseee
+1

Next Blog Post:

Dear Admitted Students (FYI everyone on the waitlist is now considered an "Admitted Student"),

Because of the recent crisis in legal education, we have decided to take bold and decisive action. As of June 1, 2012, Harvard Law School will officially be known as "Harvard Law School, a subsidiary of Harvard Business School".

Your core curriculum will be identical to the HBS curriculum for the first two years of your program. HLS will also reduce the length of its term from three years to two years. In addition, all HLS professors will be retained and maintain their current working spaces. They will have no interaction with HLS students.

We believe these steps will enhance Harvard's ability to provide you with a practical legal education in an ever changing world.

Sincerely,

HLS (a subsidiary of HBS).
"We educate leaders who make a difference in the world."

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed May 23, 2012 10:04 am

So today definitely will not be the day...

:wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 23, 2012 10:16 am

Doorkeeper wrote:So today definitely will not be the day...

hehehehehe. Am I the only one who only holds out hope for the beginning and the end of the week? For me if its not Monday its Friday. The other days in between are just torture periods.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed May 23, 2012 10:31 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:So today definitely will not be the day...

hehehehehe. Am I the only one who only holds out hope for the beginning and the end of the week? For me if its not Monday its Friday. The other days in between are just torture periods.
Hmm...for me, my hope is Tues to Thurs. I feel like it's less likely for them to send out KB1s on Mon or Fri.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 am

Hey, I figure now is about the right time to mention this. If you're really set on going to HLS and are feeling discouraged, you should know that I met one student in my class this year who was accepted about a week before classes started (sometime in August). So don't lose hope, even if it's slow going... there will continue to be acceptances (even if only a few) throughout the summer. This happens every year.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Wed May 23, 2012 11:33 am

tomwatts wrote:Hey, I figure now is about the right time to mention this. If you're really set on going to HLS and are feeling discouraged, you should know that I met one student in my class this year who was accepted about a week before classes started (sometime in August). So don't lose hope, even if it's slow going... there will continue to be acceptances (even if only a few) throughout the summer. This happens every year.
"Continue" may not be the right verb, seeing as there haven't been any acceptances yet :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”