Harvard Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
quaker10

Bronze

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2012

Post by quaker10 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:40 am

adam1 wrote:First Post-WL KB1 last year happened today. LOL.
I don't think admissions has their stuff THAT together this year.

Take Two

Silver

Post by Take Two » Thu May 03, 2012 9:49 am

hypothalamus wrote:
Take Two wrote:Joining in, just accepted my spot on da list
Don't buy into their propaganda and use their terminology! Language is important! Don't let them crush our souls! :D

Instead, say, "I just confirmed the waitlist."
A thousand pardons! What I meant was: I just confirmed the waitlist.

adika86

New

Post by adika86 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:45 am

Checking in here - good luck to everyone. :)

Edit: Was WL on 4/30.
Last edited by adika86 on Thu May 03, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu May 03, 2012 10:47 am

Take Two wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
Take Two wrote:Joining in, just accepted my spot on da list
Don't buy into their propaganda and use their terminology! Language is important! Don't let them crush our souls! :D

Instead, say, "I just confirmed the waitlist."
A thousand pardons! What I meant was: I just confirmed the waitlist.
That's it! We resist! :D

We are the 99%... who got waitlisted!

Erdox

New

Post by Erdox » Thu May 03, 2012 10:56 am

Last edited by Erdox on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MichelFoucault

Bronze

Post by MichelFoucault » Thu May 03, 2012 11:21 am

Erdox wrote:Checking in. KB1 -> waitlist. :(
+1

Mvtmhbbt

New

Post by Mvtmhbbt » Thu May 03, 2012 11:22 am

MichelFoucault wrote:
+1
+1 When did you have your KB1s?

MichelFoucault

Bronze

Post by MichelFoucault » Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 am

Mvtmhbbt wrote:
MichelFoucault wrote:
+1
Late March, you?

MichelFoucault

Bronze

Post by MichelFoucault » Thu May 03, 2012 11:25 am

MichelFoucault wrote:
Mvtmhbbt wrote:
MichelFoucault wrote:
+1
Late March, you?
Does anyone know if going KB1 --> Waitlist means a lower probability of being accepted off the waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

StarLightSpectre

Bronze

Post by StarLightSpectre » Thu May 03, 2012 11:26 am

Having one of the lowest LSAT scores on the list makes me wonder WTF am I doing here.... I am honored to be in the company of you guys.

Also further solidifies my plans to retake/pwn the LSAT in June. You guys inspire me.
Last edited by StarLightSpectre on Thu May 03, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

marcellus

Bronze

Post by marcellus » Thu May 03, 2012 11:27 am

So, theres currently 52 people on the waitlist spreadsheet, and I'm guesstimating theres 30 TLSers reporting waitlists but not filling out the form. So the TLS waitlist contingent is maybe 80 people, and who knows how many others not on TLS with WLs.

Also, it looks like theres fewer high-LSATs on the 2012 waitlist compared to the 2011 waitlist. Could be good news for some here.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu May 03, 2012 11:28 am

Interesting. So recent KB1s got the WL email last? Does this mean that more people enrolled than was expected?

Mvtmhbbt

New

Post by Mvtmhbbt » Thu May 03, 2012 11:32 am

MichelFoucault wrote:
Mvtmhbbt wrote:
MichelFoucault wrote:
+1
Late March, you?
Last Friday. I allowed myself to get my hopes up because it was so late in the game. Not sure if I had a bad/ not impressive interview or there was just uncertainty about spots leading up to the deposit deadline.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jetissent

Bronze

Post by jetissent » Thu May 03, 2012 11:33 am

Doorkeeper wrote:Interesting. So recent KB1s got the WL email last? Does this mean that more people enrolled than was expected?

I don't think that's necessarily true. I was interviewed post-hold on March 30th and I am the third person on the wait list spread sheet--I got the email 4/25.

Edit: Oh maybe, I didn't realize Mvtmhbbt interviewed so recently.
Last edited by jetissent on Thu May 03, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu May 03, 2012 11:34 am

Doorkeeper wrote:Interesting. So recent KB1s got the WL email last? Does this mean that more people enrolled than was expected?
I think those last KB1s were candidates they were interested in, but they just got to them kinda late. So they still interviewed them, but knew most wouldn't be offered spots right away. My guess is that they might be the first to get off the waitlist (since I doubt all of them bombed their KB1s).

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu May 03, 2012 11:41 am

hypothalamus wrote:
I think those last KB1s were candidates they were interested in, but they just got to them kinda late. So they still interviewed them, but knew most wouldn't be offered spots right away. My guess is that they might be the first to get off the waitlist (since I doubt all of them bombed their KB1s).
Yea, that's the other way of looking at it. They were late KB1s, but they might be the first taken off of the WL.

Either way, it is unsettling.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Thu May 03, 2012 12:06 pm

so no new WL news today?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu May 03, 2012 12:08 pm

sharktankdean wrote:so no new WL news today?
Look above. There are three people who were KB1 to WL this morning.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Thu May 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:so no new WL news today?
Look above. There are three people who were KB1 to WL this morning.

for some reason i thought they found out earlier and just mentioning it today. my bad...no wonder reading comprehension was my lowest section.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu May 03, 2012 12:36 pm

I just want to share with my new favorite thread of Harvard semi-rejects that I had my palm read by a psychic on my way to work today. This is not a joke.

I mostly just went in because the woman is nice and harasses me every day on the way to the office, so I figured I'd give her $5 so she can leave me alone. Now she's doing a "cleansing" for me and if she manages to get rid of the unclean spirit that is following me around, I will have good news in 3 days. I'll let you know if I get a KB1 in three days, so you all can go have your evil spirits checked :D :D

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Thu May 03, 2012 12:40 pm

hypothalamus wrote:I just want to share with my new favorite thread of Harvard semi-rejects that I had my palm read by a psychic on my way to work today. This is not a joke.

I mostly just went in because the woman is nice and harasses me every day on the way to the office, so I figured I'd give her $5 so she can leave me alone. Now she's doing a "cleansing" for me and if she manages to get rid of the unclean spirit that is following me around, I will have good news in 3 days. I'll let you know if I get a KB1 in three days, so you all can go have your evil spirits checked :D :D

EPIC and hilarious

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

adika86

New

Post by adika86 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:12 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:I just want to share with my new favorite thread of Harvard semi-rejects that I had my palm read by a psychic on my way to work today. This is not a joke.

EPIC and hilarious
Is that 3 business days or 3 days? I'm not sure if spirits take weekends or not.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu May 03, 2012 1:16 pm

adika86 wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

EPIC and hilarious
Is that 3 business days or 3 days? I'm not sure if spirits take weekends or not.
Good question! The candles she will light for me burn for three days in the church, so that would probably mean three normal days. So I'm expecting my KB1 on Sunday. Who is KB to defy the spirit realm and refuse to go to work on Sunday??

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu May 03, 2012 1:22 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
adika86 wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

EPIC and hilarious
Good question! The candles she will light for me burn for three days in the church, so that would probably mean three normal days. So I'm expecting my KB1 on Sunday. Who is KB to defy the spirit realm and refuse to go to work on Sunday??
If today counts, then it could be Saturday...

The saga continues...

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 pm

adika86 wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:

EPIC and hilarious
hahahaha, my new fav thread indeed. and hypothalamus we are the semi-admits not semi-rejects haha! glass half full and all :p

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”