Rec Letter sent directly or through LSAC for waitlist? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
petite chouette

New

Rec Letter sent directly or through LSAC for waitlist?

Post by petite chouette » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey, although I have scoured these boards I can't find the answer to this question. If it's obvious, I'm sorry for being redundant. Anyway, when sending an additional recommendation letter in tandem with a LOCI, do I send it through LSAC as in original applications, or directly to the school? I would be inclined to send it directly so time is not wasted with LSAC processing it, but want to adhere to the usual protocol.

melanne89

Bronze

Re: Rec Letter sent directly or through LSAC for waitlist?

Post by melanne89 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:58 pm

petite chouette wrote:Hey, although I have scoured these boards I can't find the answer to this question. If it's obvious, I'm sorry for being redundant. Anyway, when sending an additional recommendation letter in tandem with a LOCI, do I send it through LSAC as in original applications, or directly to the school? I would be inclined to send it directly so time is not wasted with LSAC processing it, but want to adhere to the usual protocol.

I called schools to ask, they request you send it to LSAC.

petite chouette

New

Post by petite chouette » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:32 pm

[quote="melanne89
I called schools to ask, they request you send it to LSAC.[/quote]

What if you already sent the maximum number of re letters to schools initially? :/ thanks by the way, I remember you and I are in a similar boat from that other thread

ETA quote fail oops

melanne89

Bronze

Post by melanne89 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:38 pm

petite chouette wrote:[quote="melanne89
What if you already sent the maximum number of re letters to schools initially? :/ thanks by the way, I remember you and I are in a similar boat from that other thread[/quote]

I don't think you should exceed the limit the school places, I think that's why they make you send it to LSAC and then place limits through that. I think it would be frowned upon, to be honest. I know Hastings has a limit of 2 and even though I wanted to send a 3rd, I didn't. I called UCI and UCD and they had me send it through LSAC. If you have maxed out the # of LOR's, you should call the schools directly and see if they would want you to send another or not directly to them. Better to call and confirm than to step on anyone's toes. Good luck!

petite chouette

New

Post by petite chouette » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:42 pm

melanne89 wrote:
petite chouette wrote:[quote="melanne89
What if you already sent the maximum number of re letters to schools initially? :/ thanks by the way, I remember you and I are in a similar boat from that other thread
melanne89 wrote: I don't think you should exceed the limit the school places, I think that's why they make you send it to LSAC and then place limits through that. I think it would be frowned upon, to be honest. I know Hastings has a limit of 2 and even though I wanted to send a 3rd, I didn't. I called UCI and UCD and they had me send it through LSAC. If you have maxed out the # of LOR's, you should call the schools directly and see if they would want you to send another or not directly to them. Better to call and confirm than to step on anyone's toes. Good luck!
Hm yea... I guess because my LOCI will mention an internship I did not have when I applied, and the rec letter would be from that place. AHH!! But it makes sense to abide by their original app rules.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ashen

Bronze

Post by ashen » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:52 pm

What if the school allows for 3 letters but only allotted 2 slots on the LSAC rec assignment page?

melanne89

Bronze

Post by melanne89 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:54 pm

ashen wrote:What if the school allows for 3 letters but only allotted 2 slots on the LSAC rec assignment page?

Call the school and ask admissions. Most schools don't want stuff sent directly for credibility purposes, they need to confirm that the LOR is legitimate, so ask them first and inquire what is their exact LOR limit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”