Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hurricane10
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:46 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby hurricane10 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:08 am

I didn't get in off the wait list until the first or second week of august last year so some of you guys are going to have to be patient but there's still hope for all of you.

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby shroeder » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:11 am

hurricane10 wrote:I didn't get in off the wait list until the first or second week of august last year so some of you guys are going to have to be patient but there's still hope for all of you.


Thanks for the tip. Just curious are you paying sticker? Thanks again.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:09 pm

I just looked up his LSN (http://lawschoolnumbers.com/hurricane10). 67 grand. :shock: Your numbers are almost identical to mine this year. I hope I get the same offer. And ever more interesting is I'm deposited at UF, just like you were.

Amoore114133
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby Amoore114133 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:03 pm

anybody hear anything?

maxmart2012
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby maxmart2012 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Amoore114133 wrote:anybody hear anything?

Nope... :?

ajitdp
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:43 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby ajitdp » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Nothing so far... hoping to hear something next week.

maxmart2012
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby maxmart2012 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 pm

ajitdp wrote:Nothing so far... hoping to hear something next week.

crickets... i guess its early in the week

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby shroeder » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:38 pm

The only good thing about this is no one seems to have heard anything yet. I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!

maxmart2012
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby maxmart2012 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:41 pm

shroeder wrote:The only good thing about this is no one seems to have heard anything yet. I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!

+1

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:06 pm

No activity on LSN either.

hibiscus18
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby hibiscus18 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:06 am

I did a search of Emory and saw that someone said they got off the wait list last night

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=187386&hilit=emory

User avatar
nmcdgt
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:58 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby nmcdgt » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:28 am

Just FYI, I was pulled off of the waitlist last year. What really helped me was taking the law school tour, sitting down and speaking with some of the staff in the admissions office afterwards, and keeping in touch by e-mail and a LOCI to let them know how truly interested I was in attending. I was pulled off of the waitlist in July (and given money to boot), so keep your head(s) up.

lawyerdown27
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby lawyerdown27 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:50 am

+1 to the sentiment that those currently on WL still have hope. Emory pulled off of their WL into the second week of August last year (less than a week before their classes began).

maxmart2012
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby maxmart2012 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:12 am

If selected off the waitlist, do they call and send an email or just call? I get nervous everyday because I cant have my phone in the building at work, so that's 8 hrs of waiting till I can check it.

User avatar
nmcdgt
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:58 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby nmcdgt » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:38 am

maxmart2012 wrote:If selected off the waitlist, do they call and send an email or just call? I get nervous everyday because I cant have my phone in the building at work, so that's 8 hrs of waiting till I can check it.


If I remember correctly, I received a phone call from the admissions office. I missed the call and they left a message, and I returned the call the next morning and was offered my spot then. If you miss the call I wouldn't fret too much, just make sure you check your voice mail and e-mail.

maxmart2012
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby maxmart2012 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:43 pm

nmcdgt wrote:
maxmart2012 wrote:If selected off the waitlist, do they call and send an email or just call? I get nervous everyday because I cant have my phone in the building at work, so that's 8 hrs of waiting till I can check it.


If I remember correctly, I received a phone call from the admissions office. I missed the call and they left a message, and I returned the call the next morning and was offered my spot then. If you miss the call I wouldn't fret too much, just make sure you check your voice mail and e-mail.


Ok. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the admission process

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby noleknight16 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:31 pm

nmcdgt wrote:Just FYI, I was pulled off of the waitlist last year. What really helped me was taking the law school tour, sitting down and speaking with some of the staff in the admissions office afterwards, and keeping in touch by e-mail and a LOCI to let them know how truly interested I was in attending. I was pulled off of the waitlist in July (and given money to boot), so keep your head(s) up.


You firmly believe the tour and meeting with the staff was a deciding factor? I'm only a 5.5 hour drive from Emory so I could definitely make it up there.

User avatar
nmcdgt
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:58 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby nmcdgt » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:30 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
nmcdgt wrote:Just FYI, I was pulled off of the waitlist last year. What really helped me was taking the law school tour, sitting down and speaking with some of the staff in the admissions office afterwards, and keeping in touch by e-mail and a LOCI to let them know how truly interested I was in attending. I was pulled off of the waitlist in July (and given money to boot), so keep your head(s) up.


You firmly believe the tour and meeting with the staff was a deciding factor? I'm only a 5.5 hour drive from Emory so I could definitely make it up there.


I can't say for certain, but I really do believe it helped. I was waitlisted originally in March. In early April I went on the tour, and stayed to speak with one of the staff members in the admissions office afterwards (discussing where my grades/LSAT were, how much I wanted to attend, what could I do to better my chances of being pulled off of the WL, etc.) He was extremely nice and told me to get in touch with him later in the summer if I hadn't heard anything. I kept in touch, and ended up getting my acceptance shortly after my last e-mail to him.

I'm not saying that it will be the exact same for everyone, as presumably a lot of people go on the tour and obviously many people are on the waitlist. However, I really feel like meeting the staff in person and demonstrating my interested by speaking with them and taking the time to visit the school in person, combined with the LOCI I sent, really did make a difference. Considering I was on the waitlist until July I have a hard time believing I was just randomly chosen and would have still been accepted had I sat back and done nothing all summer. HTH.

maxmart2012
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby maxmart2012 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:39 pm

I visited the campus in April and took the tour. We also sat in on a property law class, which I enjoyed. Unfortuantely, I was not able to have a one on one with the admissions staff because there were admitted students in my group and the staff wanted to chat with them. I sent an email to a staff member just giving him an update a few weeks back but I received no response. Hopefully making the trip and sending a LOCI will help my chances. Does anyone know they start dinging people of the WL during the summer or do most people stay on it until classes start?
Last edited by maxmart2012 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby shroeder » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:43 pm

To those who got in off the WL last cycle, what kinda numbers did you have, or do you know what numbers made it? Also, if you have any idea about how numbers and schollys matched up off the WL that would be awesome. Naturally it's all speculatory at this point, but after waiting this long it's hard not to try to at least guess. Thanks for being helpful and patient, I plan on riding this out til the end. Good luck all

User avatar
nmcdgt
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:58 am

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby nmcdgt » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:05 pm

shroeder wrote:To those who got in off the WL last cycle, what kinda numbers did you have, or do you know what numbers made it? Also, if you have any idea about how numbers and schollys matched up off the WL that would be awesome. Naturally it's all speculatory at this point, but after waiting this long it's hard not to try to at least guess. Thanks for being helpful and patient, I plan on riding this out til the end. Good luck all


My numbers were pretty close to median for both GPA and LSAT; not too sure about others coming off the waitlist. No idea about the scholly money, I assume its a bit of a crapshoot depending on how many people they take off at a time and how much money they still have available at that point in the cycle. I received a pretty good scholarship late in the summer, but I know of several people who were taken off the waitlist weeks (if not months) before me who received little to no money.

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby shroeder » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:24 pm

nmcdgt wrote:
shroeder wrote:To those who got in off the WL last cycle, what kinda numbers did you have, or do you know what numbers made it? Also, if you have any idea about how numbers and schollys matched up off the WL that would be awesome. Naturally it's all speculatory at this point, but after waiting this long it's hard not to try to at least guess. Thanks for being helpful and patient, I plan on riding this out til the end. Good luck all


My numbers were pretty close to median for both GPA and LSAT; not too sure about others coming off the waitlist. No idea about the scholly money, I assume its a bit of a crapshoot depending on how many people they take off at a time and how much money they still have available at that point in the cycle. I received a pretty good scholarship late in the summer, but I know of several people who were taken off the waitlist weeks (if not months) before me who received little to no money.






Thanks for the info. I'm sitting at 164 / 3.77. I committed to another school but given the OCI and other factors, I'd jump ship to Emory up to the last minute.

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:48 pm

No idea how, but I was admitted back in April off the waitlist with a 3.8 and a 155, if that gives anyone hope. Oh and I got $$$ to boot.

Amoore114133
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby Amoore114133 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:33 pm

WOW ... are u a URM?

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Emory Wait List Thread c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Nope...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”