W&L Official Waitlist Thread 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wightjm

W&L Official Waitlist Thread 2012

Postby wightjm » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:18 pm

I created this to cure my addiction to reading the W&L applicant board. Also, due to their true holistic approach, the waitlist is rather large each year.

Hoping to be a General next year and holding out until August!

wightjm

Re: W&L Official Waitlist Thread 2012

Postby wightjm » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 am

anybody else out there?

bump

shroeder

Postby shroeder » Sat May 19, 2012 4:13 pm

wightjm wrote:anybody else out there?

bump

I'm with ya. Here's to us!!

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Checking in!! Should start hearing things in June

disarono

Postby disarono » Wed May 23, 2012 1:33 pm

This WL definitely has me stressed out. I'm willing to ride this out until August, but I've seen zero movement on LSN. good luck to all. Keep me posted :)

wightjm

Postby wightjm » Wed May 23, 2012 3:52 pm

The second deposit deadline isnt until June 1st. I expect they will look at the list then.
Last edited by wightjm on Fri May 25, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Fri May 25, 2012 4:40 pm

wightjm wrote:The first deposit deadline isnt until June 1st. I expect they will look at the list then.

The first deposit deadline was May 1

wightjm

Postby wightjm » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 am

Any updates?

shroeder

Postby shroeder » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Not a peep!

disarono

Postby disarono » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Same here. This wait is killing me

anjmissy

Postby anjmissy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:40 am

im attending w&l this fall and in our fb group someone posted this morning that they have decided to not attend and is looking for someone to rent their apartment. So Mr. Twitty will either be pulling from the waitlist for this spot or may decide to not fill it since i believe we were over just a few from what he originally estimated...in any case, best of luck to all of you here

also, if he does pull from the waitlist, a new LOCI right about now will probably be helpful

NJDevilsfan

Postby NJDevilsfan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:18 am

I've decided not to attend as well, maybe should have posted in the group. Hoping somebody gets my spot.

Comoncents

Postby Comoncents » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist?

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Comoncents wrote:Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist?

Im in incoming 1L at W&L and its not looking good coming off the wait list....our yield was over our intended class size so i don't imagine they will be pulling from the wait list

Comoncents

Postby Comoncents » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:07 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:

Im in incoming 1L at W&L and its not looking good coming off the wait list....our yield was over our intended class size so i don't imagine they will be pulling from the wait list

Won't that be odd? I remember Brett Twitty telling me that they hover around 30-40 every year. My friend was taken off the waitlist last year, and I have another one counting on W&L to call him this year. I think I'm not going to tell him about the projections many have about this year. He seems to really feel the wind changing in his favor. Oh well, here's hoping!

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Comoncents wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:

Won't that be odd? I remember Brett Twitty telling me that they hover around 30-40 every year. My friend was taken off the waitlist last year, and I have another one counting on W&L to call him this year. I think I'm not going to tell him about the projections many have about this year. He seems to really feel the wind changing in his favor. Oh well, here's hoping!

yeah I hate to dash your friends dream...and don't take my word as gospel because I'm obviously not behind the doors making decisions...but from I do know and the info that my classmates and I have gotten...the numbers don't support people being taken off the wait list this year

Comoncents

Postby Comoncents » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:15 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
Comoncents wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:

yeah I hate to dash your friends dream...and don't take my word as gospel because I'm obviously not behind the doors making decisions...but from I do know and the info that my classmates and I have gotten...the numbers don't support people being taken off the wait list this year

Thanks. I just called him and he actually is starting to lose hope with how late it is in the process. Thanks for the info, and good luck. I hope you do well- my friend absolutely loves it there and I have never met anyone regret their choice to attend W&L Law! (NEVER!)

mcdeeremitch

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Won't that be odd? I remember Brett Twitty telling me that they hover around 30-40 every year. My friend was taken off the waitlist last year, and I have another one counting on W&L to call him this year. I think I'm not going to tell him about the projections many have about this year. He seems to really feel the wind changing in his favor. Oh well, here's hoping![/quote]

yeah I hate to dash your friends dream...and don't take my word as gospel because I'm obviously not behind the doors making decisions...but from I do know and the info that my classmates and I have gotten...the numbers don't support people being taken off the wait list this year[/quote]

Thanks. I just called him and he actually is starting to lose hope with how late it is in the process. Thanks for the info, and good luck. I hope you do well- my friend absolutely loves it there and I have never met anyone regret their choice to attend W&L Law! (NEVER!)[/quote]

I hate to be the reason that someone loses hope...but given the current situation I would hate it more if I let someone throw all their eggs in one hope basket if the outcome looks grim

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”