NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby Elric » Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Yesterday, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

user_france
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby user_france » Tue May 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Has anyone received interest-inquiry calls Monday or Tuesday?

harbrun
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby harbrun » Tue May 15, 2012 4:35 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:Did anyone else who responded to the original waitlist e-mail get that e-mail withdrawing you from their waitlist because you didn't respond to the original waitlist e-mail?


You should probably call/email the office if you haven't already. As you can see in some above posts, my status was mistakenly changed after i received an interest call. Once I notified them of the mistake, they changed my status back to "confirmed on waitlist". I suggest having the date you were asked to be on the waitlist and that of your email on hand to back up your case.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue May 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Okay, so DLS this morning... its now 4:30pm, no call and no access to ASW. What happens now? :/

chemE_envlaw
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby chemE_envlaw » Tue May 15, 2012 5:47 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:Okay, so DLS this morning... its now 4:30pm, no call and no access to ASW. What happens now? :/



Now you fret until tomorrow :(

I do not understand the purpose of the DLS update. Just seems kind of cruel.

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby Elric » Tue May 15, 2012 5:50 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:Okay, so DLS this morning... its now 4:30pm, no call and no access to ASW. What happens now? :/



I think we're in the same boat. I got my fingers crossed for you! :D

splitterstatus
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:27 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby splitterstatus » Tue May 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Got a call this morning saying I got in off the waitlist!!!!! I also received another about a week ago asking if I was still interested. Now I just have to figure out how to pay for this thing....

Good luck to everyone still waiting, just wanted to give you some info

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby Lawbro » Tue May 15, 2012 6:03 pm

I'm riding the waitlist out, I go into panic mode every time a 212 number calls, but it's never NYU :(

btw, I sent in a LOCI last monday and never recieved a confirmation email. Are they just incredibly slow with it?

User avatar
kennethellenparcell
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:02 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby kennethellenparcell » Tue May 15, 2012 6:07 pm

Lawbro wrote:I'm riding the waitlist out, I go into panic mode every time a 212 number calls, but it's never NYU :(

btw, I sent in a LOCI last monday and never recieved a confirmation email. Are they just incredibly slow with it?


Maybe you should call to confirm receipt? I got booted off the waitlist today for failing to respond to their waitlist email in April - which I did and received an acknowledgement of receipt back from the office in April. I called to correct the mixup today.

I'd rather be safe than sorry if you really want NYU.

User avatar
kennethellenparcell
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:02 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby kennethellenparcell » Tue May 15, 2012 6:08 pm

harbrun wrote:
kennethellenparcell wrote:Did anyone else who responded to the original waitlist e-mail get that e-mail withdrawing you from their waitlist because you didn't respond to the original waitlist e-mail?


You should probably call/email the office if you haven't already. As you can see in some above posts, my status was mistakenly changed after i received an interest call. Once I notified them of the mistake, they changed my status back to "confirmed on waitlist". I suggest having the date you were asked to be on the waitlist and that of your email on hand to back up your case.


Thanks! I did contact to correct the mixup.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 16, 2012 10:15 am

Elric wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Okay, so DLS this morning... its now 4:30pm, no call and no access to ASW. What happens now? :/



I think we're in the same boat. I got my fingers crossed for you! :D


Fingerscrossed for you as well! :) hehe, hopefully today we recieve the call!

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby Elric » Wed May 16, 2012 11:23 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Elric wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Okay, so DLS this morning... its now 4:30pm, no call and no access to ASW. What happens now? :/



I think we're in the same boat. I got my fingers crossed for you! :D


Fingerscrossed for you as well! :) hehe, hopefully today we recieve the call!


Missed the call, but I'm in. Unreal.

NYCLegalEagle911
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby NYCLegalEagle911 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:41 am

Congrats to those getting in off the wl now! Have any of you received any $$ at this late date?

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 16, 2012 11:54 am

Elric wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Elric wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Okay, so DLS this morning... its now 4:30pm, no call and no access to ASW. What happens now? :/



I think we're in the same boat. I got my fingers crossed for you! :D


Fingerscrossed for you as well! :) hehe, hopefully today we recieve the call!


Missed the call, but I'm in. Unreal.


Missed the call as well, but I'm IN! But now I can replay the message over and over to prove to myself its real!

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby Elric » Wed May 16, 2012 12:11 pm

That's the best part. Woohoo! Congrats :D and good luck everyone still waiting!

chemE_envlaw
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby chemE_envlaw » Wed May 16, 2012 12:38 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Missed the call as well, but I'm IN! But now I can replay the message over and over to prove to myself its real!


CONGRATS!!

lawschoolgal12
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby lawschoolgal12 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:00 pm

has anyone else gotten phone calls this week (M-W) asking if they were still interested?

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby Elric » Wed May 16, 2012 1:29 pm

lawschoolgal12 wrote:has anyone else gotten phone calls this week (M-W) asking if they were still interested?


I did, and i think fingerscrossed did to.

To answer a previous question, I just got a phone call. No finaid info yet, but I think it's on it's way with my acceptance letter... I hope...

User avatar
winning
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:24 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby winning » Wed May 16, 2012 1:37 pm

What was the number that called for people who just got in off the waitlist? I got the interest call last week, and another this week from a 212 #, but I missed it, and no voicemail. I can log into ASW, though, so does that mean I'm in??

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 16, 2012 1:43 pm

winning wrote:What was the number that called for people who just got in off the waitlist? I got the interest call last week, and another this week from a 212 #, but I missed it, and no voicemail. I can log into ASW, though, so does that mean I'm in??


YUP! If you can log into ASW you're in! Congrats!! :)

chemE_envlaw
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby chemE_envlaw » Wed May 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Elric wrote:
lawschoolgal12 wrote:has anyone else gotten phone calls this week (M-W) asking if they were still interested?


I did, and i think fingerscrossed did to.

To answer a previous question, I just got a phone call. No finaid info yet, but I think it's on it's way with my acceptance letter... I hope...


In my "interest" phone call, they told me that there would be no merit aid available at this point, but we would still be considered for need-based aid.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Wed May 16, 2012 3:04 pm

chemE_envlaw wrote:
Elric wrote:
lawschoolgal12 wrote:has anyone else gotten phone calls this week (M-W) asking if they were still interested?


I did, and i think fingerscrossed did to.

To answer a previous question, I just got a phone call. No finaid info yet, but I think it's on it's way with my acceptance letter... I hope...


In my "interest" phone call, they told me that there would be no merit aid available at this point, but we would still be considered for need-based aid.


I received my "interest" call on Monday, DLS Tuesday and Phonecall and ASW Wednesday. They told me that we would be eligible for need-based aid as well, so I'm hoping to have that info soon!

chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby chasgoose » Wed May 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Out of curiosity, has anyone who got in off the WL been male? Just curious because I figured NYU would be focusing mostly on female applicants for WL acceptances and I wanted to see if I was right.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed May 16, 2012 5:26 pm

yesterday I got a "Since we have not heard from you we are assuming you want to be withdrawn" kind of email.. Wait, what?? I sent i two very intense LOCIs, one of which was sent in the past month. I was going to withdraw this week anyway, but yeah, I thought that was weird...

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby Lawbro » Wed May 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Has anyone gone to the NYU admissions office to talk about their application? Ill be in the city next week and want to take advantage of that opportunity.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Aquinas, Bing [Bot], bleakchimera2, carasrook, ChodeAnalBead, Google Adsense [Bot], Lawl_Schoolz, masterz, mse2020, Nickel94, okf731, potterotter, zot1 and 39 guests