NYU Waitlist Class of 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Killingly

Silver

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Post by Killingly » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:39 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Killingly wrote:
DaleCooper wrote:Just got the phone call. 171/3.4*, for those who are tracking such things.

*With a medical asterisk.
Thanks for sharing your stats. Did they really call after hours?
I'm so pissed that you haven't gotten in yet.
Thanks, Jam, but my stats really do make me a long shot. I'm very happy to go to Mich, but I just want to know!

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:41 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
bobbydonnelly wrote:Has anyone accepted off the waitlist received non-need financial aid? Also, did any of you submit financial information at any point? I don't remember this being requested, but can't recall. Thanks!
I may have. I got a Dean's Scholarship which is technically a combination of need and merit, but I'm not sure whether it was completely one, completely the other, or a combination. I feel like it was too much to have been completely need-based (though I am a bit poor according to NeedAccess)
Hey Jam, just to clear this up, the Dean's Scholarship is all merit. I got one without submitting any financials.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Killingly wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Killingly wrote:
DaleCooper wrote:Just got the phone call. 171/3.4*, for those who are tracking such things.

I'm so pissed that you haven't gotten in yet.
Thanks, Jam, but my stats really do make me a long shot. I'm very happy to go to Mich, but I just want to know!
The thing is, we have so many students that the odds that one person is going to affect them are really low. I feel like your commitment should be worth something. Maybe I'm being sentimental, but I feel like you're going to put in the work and create a better, more interesting class than some 172/3.2 who goes b/c his other offer is a small scholly at GULC

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
bobbydonnelly wrote:Has anyone accepted off the waitlist received non-need financial aid? Also, did any of you submit financial information at any point? I don't remember this being requested, but can't recall. Thanks!
I may have. I got a Dean's Scholarship which is technically a combination of need and merit, but I'm not sure whether it was completely one, completely the other, or a combination. I feel like it was too much to have been completely need-based (though I am a bit poor according to NeedAccess)
Hey Jam, just to clear this up, the Dean's Scholarship is all merit. I got one without submitting any financials.
oh, huh 8)

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:50 pm

JamMasterJ wrote: The thing is, we have so many students that the odds that one person is going to affect them are really low. I feel like your commitment should be worth something. Maybe I'm being sentimental, but I feel like you're going to put in the work and create a better, more interesting class than some 172/3.2 who goes b/c his other offer is a small scholly at GULC
:shock: :D

Thanks. That was very nice of you to say.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Need-based is a myth.

DaleCooper

New

Post by DaleCooper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Killingly wrote:

Sort of... 5:48pm, according to my phone. I didn't post until a few hours later.

dsc1943

New

Post by dsc1943 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:12 am

Longtime lurker first time poster, figured I owed a post after checking this forum so much in the past couple weeks.

Got a phone call today and they offered me admission after getting a call gauging interest on Friday. Stats are 175/3.1ish so there's hope for anyone with low GPAs out there still waiting. Good luck to everyone!

seanpett

New

Post by seanpett » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:40 am

I got the call yesterday as well!!! Hope to see everyone in the fall.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PaulKriske

Bronze

Post by PaulKriske » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:58 am

i got the call as well. trying to figure out this aid shit.

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Why does NYU hate me?

kerflux

Bronze

Post by kerflux » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:45 pm

dsc1943 wrote:Longtime lurker first time poster, figured I owed a post after checking this forum so much in the past couple weeks.

Got a phone call today and they offered me admission after getting a call gauging interest on Friday. Stats are 175/3.1ish so there's hope for anyone with low GPAs out there still waiting. Good luck to everyone!
Wow, stats twin, congrats on the acceptance! I didn't think they'd go for the lower GPA, but I guess there's always hope. DId you submit a few LOCIs?

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Why does NYU hate me?
Have you been accepted anywhere in the CCN? I'm SHOCKED that NYU hasn't pounced on that 180, especially consider the GPAs that they're reaching for.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HotSauce

New

Post by HotSauce » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:18 pm

173 3.2ish, not sure if this news bodes well or not... argh!

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Have you been accepted anywhere in the CCN? I'm SHOCKED that NYU hasn't pounced on that 180, especially consider the GPAs that they're reaching for.
Nope. I suck at this game, apparently.

dsc1943

New

Post by dsc1943 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:31 pm

kerflux wrote:
dsc1943 wrote:Longtime lurker first time poster, figured I owed a post after checking this forum so much in the past couple weeks.

Wow, stats twin, congrats on the acceptance! I didn't think they'd go for the lower GPA, but I guess there's always hope. DId you submit a few LOCIs?
No just told them I wanted to stay on the waitlist (didn't expect to get in either was happy with NU before this). Before last Friday I had heard nothing for months so I thought this was a dead end.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Dear NYU,

Signed,
KP

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kerflux

Bronze

Post by kerflux » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:53 pm

dsc1943 wrote:
kerflux wrote:

No just told them I wanted to stay on the waitlist (didn't expect to get in either was happy with NU before this). Before last Friday I had heard nothing for months so I thought this was a dead end.

Lol, that's pretty much exactly the position I'm in, minus the acceptance. I've sent in 2 LOCIs at this point, though. I'm juiced for NU, wasn't really holding out much hope for NYU. I think that your post may have rekindled some of that lost hope, though. Did you have any particularly unusual/beneficial softs?

moreprejthanprob

New

Post by moreprejthanprob » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:43 am

Just got the interest calllllllll (I think?)... There was something said about being in the pool of candidates that will be drawn from should the need arise. Is that what previous rounds of people were told as well?

Oh man, I really hope this isn't just a tease!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:53 am

moreprejthanprob wrote:Just got the interest calllllllll (I think?)... There was something said about being in the pool of candidates that will be drawn from should the need arise. Is that what previous rounds of people were told as well?

ours was a little more of a "we're probably about to accept you" but this still sounds really solid.

PaulKriske

Bronze

Post by PaulKriske » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:58 am

about to withdraw my acceptance.

:cry:

hopefully one of you guys gets it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:11 pm

moreprejthanprob wrote:Just got the interest calllllllll (I think?)... There was something said about being in the pool of candidates that will be drawn from should the need arise. Is that what previous rounds of people were told as well?

Congrats! I know someone else who got the call today too.

I keep telling myself that I'll give up if I'm not in the next round of calls. But it's not working.

quaker10

Bronze

Post by quaker10 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Killingly wrote:

Congrats! I know someone else who got the call today too.

I keep telling myself that I'll give up if I'm not in the next round of calls. But it's not working.
I was this person, and i told them I will not be accepting..so hopefully someone else will get a ring.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Got the call. Interest call, I mean. Hyperventilating.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Killingly wrote:Got the call. Interest call, I mean. Hyperventilating.
:D Good luck!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”