NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fingerscrossedxx

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon May 14, 2012 4:40 pm

i just got that weird "gauging interest" phone call and I was all YES YES YES ill go to NYU! hehehe. not too eager at ALL :p

i nearly died when I saw the 212 number show up! no official offer yet though!

i find this very interesting, did they do this last year? call everyone on the wailtist individually to find out if they're still interested in attending?

chemE_envlaw

Postby chemE_envlaw » Mon May 14, 2012 4:49 pm

lawschoolgal12 wrote:So did anyone get an official offer? Or just these calls to gauge general levels of interest?

Two of us who were called last Wednesday were accepted Friday and notified by phone call today. I believe there's another in that group around here too.

And fingerscrossed, isn't it funny what 3 little numbers can do? I think I forgot to breathe between the time I saw the number in my missed calls and I got through to my voicemail...

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon May 14, 2012 5:12 pm

chemE_envlaw wrote:
lawschoolgal12 wrote:So did anyone get an official offer? Or just these calls to gauge general levels of interest?

Two of us who were called last Wednesday were accepted Friday and notified by phone call today. I believe there's another in that group around here too.

And fingerscrossed, isn't it funny what 3 little numbers can do? I think I forgot to breathe between the time I saw the number in my missed calls and I got through to my voicemail...

haha, three little numbers!

abccc

Postby abccc » Mon May 14, 2012 6:31 pm

anyone have any idea if they offer deferral options off of the waitlist if you got in?

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Mon May 14, 2012 6:33 pm

abccc wrote:anyone have any idea if they offer deferral options off of the waitlist if you got in?

No, I don't think so. Read the wait list info sheet that came attached in the initial email. It says offers are given off the wl only for the class of 2015

abccc

Postby abccc » Mon May 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Killingly wrote:
abccc wrote:anyone have any idea if they offer deferral options off of the waitlist if you got in?

No, I don't think so. Read the wait list info sheet that came attached in the initial email. It says offers are given off the wl only for the class of 2015

Good call.

Thanks.

harbrun

Postby harbrun » Mon May 14, 2012 7:18 pm

I received the same call last week and was very clear about wanting to stay on the waitlist...and now my application status reads "application removed from consideration." It sounds like they have me as a rescinded applicant, am I wrong? Has anyone else encountered the same thing? I'm going to contact admissions during business hours tomorrow, but for now I'm freaking out a bit.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Mon May 14, 2012 7:36 pm

harbrun wrote:I received the same call last week and was very clear about wanting to stay on the waitlist...and now my application status reads "application removed from consideration." It sounds like they have me as a rescinded applicant, am I wrong? Has anyone else encountered the same thing? I'm going to contact admissions during business hours tomorrow, but for now I'm freaking out a bit.

Maybe they ask before evaluating? Does your nàme come early alphabetically?

Seriously though, that sucks. Better call them - nothing to lose at this point

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Mon May 14, 2012 7:51 pm

harbrun wrote:I received the same call last week and was very clear about wanting to stay on the waitlist...and now my application status reads "application removed from consideration." It sounds like they have me as a rescinded applicant, am I wrong? Has anyone else encountered the same thing? I'm going to contact admissions during business hours tomorrow, but for now I'm freaking out a bit.

Wait so you received a call asking if you would attend and you said you did or you said you wanted to remain on the waitlist?

harbrun

Postby harbrun » Mon May 14, 2012 7:56 pm

I told them I wanted to stay on, that I would attend, and that I would wait for their call that I had been accepted. If I had been evaluated and rejected, the status would not say removed, it would either not exist or say rejected, which is why I'm so confused. My name is as mid-alphabet as you can get.

Based on how waitlists seem to go, they seem to call after they're already 98% sure about accepting you, so I don't understand.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Mon May 14, 2012 7:58 pm

harbrun wrote:I told them I wanted to stay on, that I would attend, and that I would wait for their call that I had been accepted. If I had been evaluated and rejected, the status would not say removed, it would either not exist or say rejected, which is why I'm so confused. My name is as mid-alphabet as you can get.

Based on how waitlists seem to go, they seem to call after they're already 98% sure about accepting you, so I don't understand.

Gotcha. Did your status ever say applicant confined on the waitlist at all? It could just be an error in the system. Anyway, I think you're accepted so congrats! What are your numbers?

harbrun

Postby harbrun » Mon May 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Killingly wrote:Gotcha. Did your status ever say applicant confined on the waitlist at all? It could just be an error in the system. Anyway, I think you're accepted so congrats! What are your numbers?

My application used to say waitlist. Now all my fees, application materials, etc. have been removed. It's really strange. I'm just afraid that they're going to tell me that it doesn't matter what I say and that they can't undo what's been done. I hope I'm wrong and you're right!
Last edited by harbrun on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Mon May 14, 2012 8:07 pm

harbrun wrote:
Killingly wrote:Gotcha. Did your status ever say applicant confined on the waitlist at all? It could just be an error in the system. Anyway, I think you're accepted so congrats! What are your numbers?

My application used to say waitlist. Now all my fees, application materials, etc. have been removed. It's really strange. I'm just afraid that they're going to tell me that it doesn't matter what I say and that they can't undo what's been done. I hope I'm wrong and you're right!

3.7/170

Definitely call first thing tomorrow. I think it's just an error. If you were rejected it should have a decision letter sent. You could try logging into the ASW, too.

Elric

Postby Elric » Mon May 14, 2012 9:52 pm

checking in because I got one of those vague are-you-interested calls. I've never submitted a LOCI but now I think I should...

chemE_envlaw

Postby chemE_envlaw » Tue May 15, 2012 12:21 am

Elric wrote:checking in because I got one of those vague are-you-interested calls. I've never submitted a LOCI but now I think I should...

If you already got the call, it's probably a little late for that.

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Tue May 15, 2012 10:48 am

Did anyone else who responded to the original waitlist e-mail get that e-mail withdrawing you from their waitlist because you didn't respond to the original waitlist e-mail?

levdot

Postby levdot » Tue May 15, 2012 11:11 am

Got a phone call last week gauging interest, and then another phone call with the offer. Now to figure out the housing!

FavoriteColorGRUE

Postby FavoriteColorGRUE » Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 am

levdot wrote:Got a phone call last week gauging interest, and then another phone call with the offer. Now to figure out the housing!

congrats!!

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue May 15, 2012 12:02 pm

OMG decision letter sent. UM what decision?! how do you try to login to ASW again? I shouldn't be using the L when entering my lsac number should I. I tried both and neither worked lol :p

law2015

Postby law2015 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:07 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:OMG decision letter sent. UM what decision?! how do you try to login to ASW again? I shouldn't be using the L when entering my lsac number should I. I tried both and neither worked lol :p

Yes, you must write L before the eight digits of your lsac number. You should try admitted student website later tonight because it usually takes time. It looks like you are in, congrats!

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue May 15, 2012 12:09 pm

law2015 wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:OMG decision letter sent. UM what decision?! how do you try to login to ASW again? I shouldn't be using the L when entering my lsac number should I. I tried both and neither worked lol :p

Yes, you must write L before the eight digits of your lsac number. You should try admitted student website later tonight because it usually takes time. It looks like you are in, congrats!

Trying very hard not to get excited and failing!! Guess I'll have to wait until later!

Elric

Postby Elric » Tue May 15, 2012 1:32 pm

I also got a dls after confirming that I wanted to stay on the wait list. I haven't been called with an offer. Should I assume the worst?

quaker10

Postby quaker10 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Elric wrote:I also got a dls after confirming that I wanted to stay on the wait list. I haven't been called with an offer. Should I assume the worst?

Don't think they would have bothered to call for anything other than an admit.

Elric

Postby Elric » Tue May 15, 2012 1:37 pm

quaker10 wrote:
Elric wrote:I also got a dls after confirming that I wanted to stay on the wait list. I haven't been called with an offer. Should I assume the worst?

You're probably right. I'll let you guys know the decision as soon as I do.

bearie

Postby bearie » Tue May 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Elric wrote:
quaker10 wrote:

You're probably right. I'll let you guys know the decision as soon as I do.

when did you get your phone call?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”