NYU Waitlist Class of 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
moreprejthanprob

New

Re: NYU Waitlist Class of 2015

Post by moreprejthanprob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Killingly wrote:Got the call. Interest call, I mean. Hyperventilating.
Congrats! /good luck!

Okay, I've been trying to resist posting about this, but I just can't.

I got an email from UPS just over an hour ago with the tracking details for an overnight package from "LAW SCHOOL / ADMISSIONS" sent to my current address. No sender info other than that - no mention of NYU anywhere. Did this happen to anyone else? Earlier, I was able to log into the status check and I was still just "confirmed on waitlist" and there were no records me for ASW, but now both pages are not loading at all (as in I can't even get to the login screen).

If this is something from Penn, where I'm currently deposited, ima be real annoyed, but I'm pretty sure they've been sending stuff to my parents' house (which I listed as my permanent address). Plus, why would it be from Admissions???

Sorry for annoying those who haven't heard anything yet, but after 8 months since I submitted my app, including 3 on the waitlist, I really want to know whether I'm in.... NOWWWW!!!

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:38 pm

moreprejthanprob wrote:
Congrats! /good luck!

I got an email from UPS just over an hour ago with the tracking details for an overnight package from "LAW SCHOOL / ADMISSIONS" sent to my current address. No sender info other than that - no mention of NYU anywhere. Did this happen to anyone else? Earlier, I was able to log into the status check and I was still just "confirmed on waitlist" and there were no records me for ASW, but now both pages are not loading at all (as in I can't even get to the login screen).

If this is something from Penn, where I'm currently deposited, ima be real annoyed, but I'm pretty sure they've been sending stuff to my parents' house (which I listed as my permanent address). Plus, why would it be from Admissions???

Sorry for annoying those who haven't heard anything yet, but after 8 months since I submitted my app, including 3 on the waitlist, I really want to know whether I'm in.... NOWWWW!!!
Not sure, but it sounds like it could be NYU! Good luck! Also, when you got the interest call did they say you were in a smaller group they'd be picking from but that thu couldn't give you a seat right now? That's what they said to me.

moreprejthanprob

New

Post by moreprejthanprob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Killingly wrote:Not sure, but it sounds like it could be NYU! Good luck! Also, when you got the interest call did they say you were in a smaller group they'd be picking from but that thu couldn't give you a seat right now? That's what they said to me.
Thanks! And yeah, I feel like it just HAS to be, but again, reeeally not tryna count my chickens, and whatnot.

As for my call, I definitely don't recall being told that they "couldn't give me a seat right now" - I feel like that would've stuck out. He did say the "smaller pool they'd be picking from" part though... Ugh, I wish I could've recorded it somehow - if only to play the real thing over and over in real life as opposed to just replaying the distorted version from my memory over and over in my head!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Holy Shit!!!!!!!
I don't even know you and I'm freaking out

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:20 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Holy Shit!!!!!!!
I don't even know you and I'm freaking out
Thanks Jam! Not a done deal yet though, considering what they told me on the phone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:25 pm

moreprejthanprob wrote:
Killingly wrote:Not sure, but it sounds like it could be NYU! Good luck! Also, when you got the interest call did they say you were in a smaller group they'd be picking from but that thu couldn't give you a seat right now? That's what they said to me.
Thanks! And yeah, I feel like it just HAS to be, but again, reeeally not tryna count my chickens, and whatnot.

As for my call, I definitely don't recall being told that they "couldn't give me a seat right now" - I feel like that would've stuck out. He did say the "smaller pool they'd be picking from" part though... Ugh, I wish I could've recorded it somehow - if only to play the real thing over and over in real life as opposed to just replaying the distorted version from my memory over and over in my head!
Yeah, he definitely said they'd been in the position and had admitted people or not drawn from the waitlist at all. Makes me scared but soooooo irrationally hopeful.

moreprejthanprob

New

Post by moreprejthanprob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Killingly wrote:Yeah, he definitely said they'd been in the position and had admitted people or not drawn from the waitlist at all. Makes me scared but soooooo irrationally hopeful.
Ugggh NYU, why must you torture us sooo??? GOOD LUCK!

CGLinDC

New

Post by CGLinDC » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:54 pm

moreprejthanprob wrote:
Congrats! /good luck!

I've never posted on TLS before but....+1 :D
and I'm not deposited at Penn

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Killingly wrote:
moreprejthanprob wrote:

Yeah, he definitely said they'd been in the position and had admitted people or not drawn from the waitlist at all. Makes me scared but soooooo irrationally hopeful.
I think we need somebody to drop out now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

moreprejthanprob

New

Post by moreprejthanprob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:16 pm

CGLinDC wrote:
moreprejthanprob wrote:
Congrats! /good luck!

Gaaaahhh! Did you also get a call yesterday? :D :D

CGLinDC

New

Post by CGLinDC » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:33 pm

moreprejthanprob wrote:
CGLinDC wrote:
moreprejthanprob wrote:
Congrats! /good luck!

I did! But I wasn't able to log in to the admitted students website as of half an hour ago. So, either we're in.. or they REALLY want to send us our rejection letters ASAP (the package is overnighted)

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Can't breathe. I hope there's another spot after you two get admitted!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:50 pm

CGLinDC wrote:
moreprejthanprob wrote:
CGLinDC wrote:
moreprejthanprob wrote:
Congrats! /good luck!

I did! But I wasn't able to log in to the admitted students website as of half an hour ago. So, either we're in.. or they REALLY want to send us our rejection letters ASAP (the package is overnighted)
Our admit package was overnighted. We got the actual letter a couple days later, but we were called when we got in

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

quaker10

Bronze

Post by quaker10 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Killingly wrote:Can't breathe. I hope there's another spot after you two get admitted!
Dying for you.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:02 pm

moreprejthanprob wrote:
CGLinDC wrote:
moreprejthanprob wrote:
Congrats! /good luck!

A message from NYU for all 3 of you.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Lol very appropriate considering what today is birdlaw.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Lol very appropriate considering what today is birdlaw.
I try :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jmets890

New

Post by jmets890 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:08 pm

CGLinDC wrote:
moreprejthanprob wrote:
Congrats! /good luck!

+1. Got the same call today

moreprejthanprob

New

Post by moreprejthanprob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:26 pm

CGLinDC wrote:I did! But I wasn't able to log in to the admitted students website as of half an hour ago. So, either we're in.. or they REALLY want to send us our rejection letters ASAP (the package is overnighted)
Can you imagine if the latter were the case? I may have to go over to the village and strangle someone.
Killingly wrote:Can't breathe. I hope there's another spot after you two get admitted!
Don't jinx it! But in any case, I hope so for you as well!!

Lawbro

Bronze

Post by Lawbro » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Good luck guys!

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:11 am

quaker10 wrote:
Dying for you.
quaker, I love you. I think they only called me after you rejected them.

And jmets, you got the interest call today too? What exactly did they say to you? PM me if you want.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jmets890

New

Post by jmets890 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:54 am

They said te same thing to me that they did to you. Freaking out. Optimism: friend who has near identical stats got the call on Wednesday...and was able to log into admitted student tonight. Hopefully that's a sign that they truly are going to draw from this group. Definitely trying not to get my hopes up too high though. Good luck!

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:32 am

jmets890 wrote:They said te same thing to me that they did to you. Freaking out. Optimism: friend who has near identical stats got the call on Wednesday...and was able to log into admitted student tonight. Hopefully that's a sign that they truly are going to draw from this group. Definitely trying not to get my hopes up too high though. Good luck!
Well that makes me feel better. Didn't you originally ED? I really like that NYU is at least contacting some Waitlisted EDers.

moreprejthanprob

New

Post by moreprejthanprob » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:05 am

IN via ASW. Insanity.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:18 am

moreprejthanprob wrote:IN via ASW. Insanity.
CONGRATS! That's a fast turnaround. Maybe me and jmets will see some good news today Monday.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”