Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
illy22

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby illy22 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:30 pm

user_france wrote:
illy22 wrote:
user_france wrote:
mikeylikesit wrote:Weird - got a slightly different email...

I am also special preferred and got what appears to be this identical email EXCEPT it directs me to "Please respond to Erica Smith, Assistant Director of Admissions, at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to let us know your level of interest. On our end, we will try to keep you as up to date as possible on the waitlist situation, both before and after May 1st."

So they must have us divided up between the three of them in the office?

Yup. She's my contact as well.

we should pool our money and send her a singing telegram.[/quote]

haha yes! what rhymes with Cornblatt...

user_france

Postby user_france » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:36 pm

[/quote][/quote]

I am also special preferred and got what appears to be this identical email EXCEPT it directs me to "Please respond to Erica Smith, Assistant Director of Admissions, at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to let us know your level of interest. On our end, we will try to keep you as up to date as possible on the waitlist situation, both before and after May 1st."

So they must have us divided up between the three of them in the office?[/quote]

Yup. She's my contact as well.[/quote]

we should pool our money and send her a singing telegram.[/quote]

haha yes! what rhymes with Cornblatt...[/quote]

hmmm, we start off with a rendition of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYLLNhTiQZc

gravityrides0

Postby gravityrides0 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:52 pm

lol even though I am just preferred wait list, I am so so tempted to just send my LOCI to the contact for the special preferred wait list. maybe they won't notice and will just assume I was in the special preferred group ;)

just kidding. would never have the balls to do that.
Last edited by gravityrides0 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cjb0502

Postby cjb0502 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:16 pm

haha, I'm also on the non-special preferred wl and was just thinking the same thing.

probably won't do it either...though do you think it could hurt to cc the special preferred contacts on a LOCI sent to the regular admissions email?

gravityrides0 wrote:lol even though I am just preferred wait list, I am so so tempted to just send my LOCI to the contact for the special preferred wait list. maybe they won't notice and will just assume I was in the special confirmed group ;)

just kidding. would never have the balls to do that.

DCLaw1248

Postby DCLaw1248 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Alison is my contact for SPWL

DCLaw1248

Postby DCLaw1248 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Has anyone ever figured out or wants to guess what the approximate sizes of each group?
SPWL? PWL? RW?

Robespierre

Postby Robespierre » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:37 pm

DCLaw1248 wrote:Has anyone ever figured out or wants to guess what the approximate sizes of each group?
SPWL? PWL? RW?

No idea of each group, but maybe 1,400 combined for the total waitlist?

Reasoning: There are about 825 GULC applicants with visible LSN profiles; that means about 8% of the applicant pool is represented on LSN; 113 on LSN say they are currently on the WL (I'm excluding those who've been accepted already or withdrew); 113/.08 = roughly 1,400.

Sorry if I'm way off.

thesandlot

Postby thesandlot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:57 pm

I'm regular waitlist (feeling no special or preferred love...lame), and I guess I should write another LOCI, except I have nothing new to say :| . Tempted to re-send my original LOCI, and see if I get in anyway, just for fun.

DCLaw1248

Postby DCLaw1248 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:33 am

It will be interesting if anyone receiving GWU Law scholly money will pull out from GULC. I say this because GWU Law is having their first round of deposits this Sunday. I am sure there will be 10 or so students accepted to both schools but only receiving aid from GWU Law, and not GULC. As a result, they will go to GWU Law and let GULC know this week that they are withdrawing... You figure some spots will be offered! SPWL or PWL could be good news for you...

I kinda have done an unofficial polls on other forum sites... The general feeling is that the SPWL is probably about 30 students.

weiweilt

Postby weiweilt » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:52 pm

As far as I can tell, there are more than 300 applicants who were put on the PWL after an interview.

Mac&Cheese89

Postby Mac&Cheese89 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:56 pm

weiweilt wrote:As far as I can tell, there are more than 300 applicants who were put on the PWL after an interview.

Hmm... I got onto the PWL, but I never received an interview. For whatever it's worth, though, I did apply early decision (I was moved first from early decision to regular pool, and then from regular pool to PWL). I have absolutely no idea what to make of my chances :evil:

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Mac&Cheese89 wrote:
weiweilt wrote:As far as I can tell, there are more than 300 applicants who were put on the PWL after an interview.

Hmm... I got onto the PWL, but I never received an interview. For whatever it's worth, though, I did apply early decision (I was moved first from early decision to regular pool, and then from regular pool to PWL). I have absolutely no idea what to make of my chances :evil:

I'm PWL, didn't interview/ never received an interview request, and didn't even apply until February.

sdphill

Postby sdphill » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
Mac&Cheese89 wrote:

I'm PWL, didn't interview/ never received an interview request, and didn't even apply until February.

+1 but I didn't apply until late January

PoliticalJunkie73

Postby PoliticalJunkie73 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Has anyone had any status updates since sending in a LOCI after Friday's waitlist email? I myself have not....

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:53 pm

PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:Has anyone had any status updates since sending in a LOCI after Friday's waitlist email? I myself have not....

Nope. I didn't update after the first LOCI I sent either. I'm not holding my breath.

illy22

Postby illy22 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:36 pm

PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:Has anyone had any status updates since sending in a LOCI after Friday's waitlist email? I myself have not....

me neither. thought i'd at least get a reply confirming via email, from my girl, Erika, like i did last time...but nada, no love.

:cry:

ned

Postby ned » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:34 pm

In my experience GULC doesn't always acknowledge emails. Guess we gotta sweat it out in the dark for a couple weeks. Then we'll get another ambiguous email. Just the way it works.

Anybody care to wager on pre-may wait list movement? I browsed last year's wl thread and it looks rather chaotic. People get drawn from all wait lists, and some SPWLs don't get in. Wonder how the system works....

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:33 pm

ned wrote:In my experience GULC doesn't always acknowledge emails. Guess we gotta sweat it out in the dark for a couple weeks. Then we'll get another ambiguous email. Just the way it works.

Anybody care to wager on pre-may wait list movement? I browsed last year's wl thread and it looks rather chaotic. People get drawn from all wait lists, and some SPWLs don't get in. Wonder how the system works....

I'm weirdly excited to see how this plays out.

melt

Postby melt » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:43 am

illy22 wrote:

me neither. thought i'd at least get a reply confirming via email, from my girl, Erika, like i did last time...but nada, no love.

:cry:

same here.

weiweilt

Postby weiweilt » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:37 am

ned wrote:In my experience GULC doesn't always acknowledge emails. Guess we gotta sweat it out in the dark for a couple weeks. Then we'll get another ambiguous email. Just the way it works.

With only 10 days left before May, I'd say that GULC is playing differently compared with last year....

Robespierre

Postby Robespierre » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:44 pm

weiweilt wrote:

With only 10 days left before May, I'd say that GULC is playing differently compared with last year....

Explain, please? Differently how?

ned

Postby ned » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Robespierre wrote:
weiweilt wrote:

There was April movement last year. Radio silence this year.

Robespierre

Postby Robespierre » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:16 pm

ned wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
weiweilt wrote:

Gotta disagree that there's been radio silence this year. Some people got in off the SPWL in March; see pgs. 175-180 of the GULC Applicants thread. And there are 10 people on LSN who already identify themselves as "WL Accepted."

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding here .... maybe you meant for PWL and RWL only as opposed to SPWL?

ned

Postby ned » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Robespierre wrote:
ned wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
weiweilt wrote:

Gotta disagree that there's been radio silence this year. Some people got in off the SPWL in March; see pgs. 175-180 of the GULC Applicants thread. And there are 10 people on LSN who already identify themselves as "WL Accepted."

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding here .... maybe you meant for PWL and RWL only as opposed to SPWL?[/quote]

There may have been some yield-protecting admits off the SPWL early in the cycle but not since March. Last year there was more action around now. It's not necessarily significant. TLS seems to foster a special sort of insanity. We see patterns everywhere. And the lack of a pattern becomes its own sort of pattern. It's silly, yeah. Idle hands.

thesandlot

Postby thesandlot » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:08 am

Just got invited to do a group interview in Manhattan. Anyone else receive this invitation?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”