Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PoliticalJunkie73
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby PoliticalJunkie73 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:32 am

ricsllscir wrote:Yeah, just got an email saying they likely wouldnt admit off preferred until may, so goodbye deposit $$$ but hopefully it'll work out!


When did you get this email? Did anyone else get it?

ricsllscir
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby ricsllscir » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:35 am

PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:
ricsllscir wrote:Yeah, just got an email saying they likely wouldnt admit off preferred until may, so goodbye deposit $$$ but hopefully it'll work out!


When did you get this email? Did anyone else get it?


About 10mins ago... Could be due to group interview earlier this week?

ricsllscir
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby ricsllscir » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:37 am

ricsllscir wrote:
PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:
ricsllscir wrote:Yeah, just got an email saying they likely wouldnt admit off preferred until may, so goodbye deposit $$$ but hopefully it'll work out!


When did you get this email? Did anyone else get it?


About 10mins ago... Could be due to group interview earlier this week?


Thoughhhh, now that I'm obsessing over every word, there was mention that things could always change and they'd like to be updated on my preferences....say the word Georgetown, and I'm yours!

User avatar
ned
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby ned » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 am

I just got the email too. Preferred Waitlist, update level of interest, will get a decision between May 1 and May 11th. Did everybody get this email?

ttho520
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:27 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby ttho520 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:49 am

On PWL for part time program, not sure if I have a higher/lower chance to get in comparing to full time applicants.

I got the email too, saying that the WL consideration will start after May 1st deposit deadline but more realistic after May 11st deposit extension deadline. I am moving to Arlington, VA in weeks anyway, already paid a deposit at other DC law school. :cry:

JBizzle
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby JBizzle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:53 am

Just got the email as well. URM on regular waitlist. Already submitted a deposit at another DC school, but I'd probably choose Georgetown over it if I got in.

jcdjgd
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:41 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby jcdjgd » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:01 pm

.
Last edited by jcdjgd on Tue May 01, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ttho520
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:27 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby ttho520 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:04 pm

The email was sent by Dean of Admissions, and addressed using my first name.

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby Robespierre » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Yup, got it. It said "deposits were strong" and said it's not clear there will be "any openings" at all (as opposed a question of how many), so it seems discouraging.

But the fact that they've already admitted a chunk of the SPWL still has me guardedly optimistic.

jozzy22
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby jozzy22 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:08 pm

SPWL email inquiring about level of interest. 20 minutes ago.

User avatar
ned
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby ned » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:14 pm

The wording is a bit odd, but I actually found it encouraging. Is it possible they have different versions of the email? Here's the passage open to interpretation:

"...we are not planning to make many offers prior to our May 1st deposit deadline. However, these things have a way of changing so it is always possible we will have room in the next few weeks."

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby Robespierre » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 pm

ned wrote:The wording is a bit odd, but I actually found it encouraging. Is it possible they have different versions of the email? Here's the passage open to interpretation:

"...we are not planning to make many offers prior to our May 1st deposit deadline. However, these things have a way of changing so it is always possible we will have room in the next few weeks."


Yeah, and you could also add bolding to "many"; you could read it as saying they DO plan to make a FEW offers before May 1.

Very ambiguous email.

weiweilt
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby weiweilt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Dear XXX

Good morning from Georgetown. I’m writing to you today to give you an update on the Georgetown waiting list. As you know, you are on our preferred waiting list, which we typically look to first if spaces open up in the entering class.

As of today our deposits are quite strong, and we are not planning to make many offers prior to our May 1st deposit deadline. However, these things have a way of changing so it is always possible we will have room in the next few weeks.

If we do extend offers of admission, the Committee will be particularly interested in applicants who truly want to be at Georgetown. Please continue to keep in touch with us with your level of interest and any changes in your application through admis@law.georgetown.edu .

If you don’t hear from us first, the key date for us (and you) is May 1 when our first deposits are due. With the usual extension requests, we will know for sure whether we have any openings by Friday, May 11th at the latest. On our end, we will try to keep you as up to date as possible on the waitlist situation, both before and after May 1st.

We look forward to hearing back from you and we thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process.

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown University Law Center

User avatar
ned
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby ned » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Robespierre wrote:
ned wrote:The wording is a bit odd, but I actually found it encouraging. Is it possible they have different versions of the email? Here's the passage open to interpretation:

"...we are not planning to make many offers prior to our May 1st deposit deadline. However, these things have a way of changing so it is always possible we will have room in the next few weeks."


Yeah, and you could also add bolding to "many"; you could read it as saying they DO plan to make a FEW offers before May 1.

Very ambiguous email.


Yeah, actually I intended on bolding "many". Not sure how I wound up with "planning" :?

User avatar
illy22
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby illy22 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:28 pm

special groupie checking in. just got the same email, and yes, this part gives me butterflies:

"As you know, you are in a special select group that we will be going to first if spaces open up in the entering class."

thank god i have another thread to obsess over in the meantime...

the waiting is killing me!

User avatar
illy22
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby illy22 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:35 pm

also just sent another LOCI.

and seriously almost ended it with "Love, XXXX".

whoops (?).

:?

nellie_bly
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby nellie_bly » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:58 pm

So I had just sent in a LOCI after visiting and updated them on approaching deadlines. I don't think I should write another so soon. Should I?

User avatar
StartSomething
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby StartSomething » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:01 pm

illy22 wrote:also just sent another LOCI.

and seriously almost ended it with "Love, XXXX".

whoops (?).

:?

Would have been insta-admit.

User avatar
mikeylikesit
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby mikeylikesit » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Weird - got a slightly different email...

Good morning from Georgetown. I’m writing to you today to give you an update on the Georgetown waiting list. As you know, you are in a special select group that we will be going to first if spaces open up in the entering class.



Although as of today our deposits are quite strong, it is always possible that we may extend a few spaces in the class prior to our May 1st deposit deadline. At this stage, the Committee is particularly interested in applicants who truly want to be at Georgetown. We understand that circumstances may change over time. While we are not asking you to commit, it would be extremely helpful to know what you are thinking at this point and the likelihood of enrolling if admitted.



Please respond to Alison Spada, Director of JD Admissions, at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to let us know your level of interest. On our end, we will try to keep you as up to date as possible on the waitlist situation, both before and after May 1st.



We look forward to hearing back from you and we thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process.

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby goldeneye » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:11 pm

Yea, are the chances from regular waitlist almost 0? I assume showing serious interest from the regular can't trump the preferred waitlists?

jozzy22
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby jozzy22 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:15 pm

mikeylikesit wrote:Weird - got a slightly different email...

Good morning from Georgetown. I’m writing to you today to give you an update on the Georgetown waiting list. As you know, you are in a special select group that we will be going to first if spaces open up in the entering class.



Although as of today our deposits are quite strong, it is always possible that we may extend a few spaces in the class prior to our May 1st deposit deadline. At this stage, the Committee is particularly interested in applicants who truly want to be at Georgetown. We understand that circumstances may change over time. While we are not asking you to commit, it would be extremely helpful to know what you are thinking at this point and the likelihood of enrolling if admitted.



Please respond to Alison Spada, Director of JD Admissions, at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to let us know your level of interest. On our end, we will try to keep you as up to date as possible on the waitlist situation, both before and after May 1st.



We look forward to hearing back from you and we thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process.


same here

User avatar
mikeylikesit
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby mikeylikesit » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Oh, nvm, email difference was preferred vs. special group in preferred. I withdrew yesterday anyway - good luck everyone!

user_france
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby user_france » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:21 pm

mikeylikesit wrote:Weird - got a slightly different email...

Good morning from Georgetown. I’m writing to you today to give you an update on the Georgetown waiting list. As you know, you are in a special select group that we will be going to first if spaces open up in the entering class.



Although as of today our deposits are quite strong, it is always possible that we may extend a few spaces in the class prior to our May 1st deposit deadline. At this stage, the Committee is particularly interested in applicants who truly want to be at Georgetown. We understand that circumstances may change over time. While we are not asking you to commit, it would be extremely helpful to know what you are thinking at this point and the likelihood of enrolling if admitted.



Please respond to Alison Spada, Director of JD Admissions, at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to let us know your level of interest. On our end, we will try to keep you as up to date as possible on the waitlist situation, both before and after May 1st.



We look forward to hearing back from you and we thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process.


I am also special preferred and got what appears to be this identical email EXCEPT it directs me to "Please respond to Erica Smith, Assistant Director of Admissions, at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to let us know your level of interest. On our end, we will try to keep you as up to date as possible on the waitlist situation, both before and after May 1st."

So they must have us divided up between the three of them in the office?

User avatar
illy22
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby illy22 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:25 pm

user_france wrote:
mikeylikesit wrote:Weird - got a slightly different email...

Good morning from Georgetown. I’m writing to you today to give you an update on the Georgetown waiting list. As you know, you are in a special select group that we will be going to first if spaces open up in the entering class.



Although as of today our deposits are quite strong, it is always possible that we may extend a few spaces in the class prior to our May 1st deposit deadline. At this stage, the Committee is particularly interested in applicants who truly want to be at Georgetown. We understand that circumstances may change over time. While we are not asking you to commit, it would be extremely helpful to know what you are thinking at this point and the likelihood of enrolling if admitted.



Please respond to Alison Spada, Director of JD Admissions, at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to let us know your level of interest. On our end, we will try to keep you as up to date as possible on the waitlist situation, both before and after May 1st.



We look forward to hearing back from you and we thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process.


I am also special preferred and got what appears to be this identical email EXCEPT it directs me to "Please respond to Erica Smith, Assistant Director of Admissions, at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to let us know your level of interest. On our end, we will try to keep you as up to date as possible on the waitlist situation, both before and after May 1st."

So they must have us divided up between the three of them in the office?


Yup. She's my contact as well.

user_france
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Postby user_france » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:27 pm

illy22 wrote:
user_france wrote:
mikeylikesit wrote:Weird - got a slightly different email...



I am also special preferred and got what appears to be this identical email EXCEPT it directs me to "Please respond to Erica Smith, Assistant Director of Admissions, at lawwaitlist@law.georgetown.edu as soon as possible to let us know your level of interest. On our end, we will try to keep you as up to date as possible on the waitlist situation, both before and after May 1st."

So they must have us divided up between the three of them in the office?


Yup. She's my contact as well.[/quote]

we should pool our money and send her a singing telegram.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Bing [Bot], curry4bfast, DrRighteous, fscow1022, hopes&dreams and 22 guests