Georgetown Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

New

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Post by 06132012 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:30 pm

My friend had a group interview yesterday with Dean Cornblatt. He said it was seven of them, and that they should know in two weeks from the interview date. I haven't been following this thread; can anyone tell me what this means, and is it guaranteed that the whole group interview will get in?

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:48 am

My prediction is that people who got feeler emails will get good news today, and the rest of us expecting an update today will get a new date and remain in limbo.

nellie_bly

New

Post by nellie_bly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 am

My senses tell me to agree with Ned, buuuuuuuut I'm going still going to keep my fingers crossed.

I had a dream that I woke up this morning with an email saying I got into Georgetown. When I actually woke up I thought I needed to call the school with my seat deposit and tell them I wasn't coming. Then I remembered that it was just a dream, and my heart broke just a little.

ttho520

New

Post by ttho520 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:45 am

nellie_bly wrote:My senses tell me to agree with Ned, buuuuuuuut I'm going still going to keep my fingers crossed.

I had a dream that I woke up this morning with an email saying I got into Georgetown. When I actually woke up I thought I needed to call the school with my seat deposit and tell them I wasn't coming. Then I remembered that it was just a dream, and my heart broke just a little.
It could be true, maybe this is a dream and you will wake up in G-Town.

PoliticalJunkie73

New

Post by PoliticalJunkie73 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 am

SpicyMeatball wrote:Hey guys, got an e-mail from Alison this morning probing interest. She said they are meeting soon and that I am in the small group of people they are considering should any spots open up. Similar to yours illy. Weird on the timing though, right?
I got a very similar email yesterday morning from Alison. Was afraid I would jinx it by sharing it here! I was really hoping that I would hear something yesterday, but am crossing my fingers for today.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

illy22

Bronze

Post by illy22 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:50 am

ttho520 wrote:
nellie_bly wrote:My senses tell me to agree with Ned, buuuuuuuut I'm going still going to keep my fingers crossed.

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:52 am

Ug, you just reminded me. I'll be losing the possibility of a refund on July 1 if I eventually make it in to GULC afterwards.

nellie_bly

New

Post by nellie_bly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:59 am

PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:
SpicyMeatball wrote:Hey guys, got an e-mail from Alison this morning probing interest. She said they are meeting soon and that I am in the small group of people they are considering should any spots open up. Similar to yours illy. Weird on the timing though, right?
I got a very similar email yesterday morning from Alison. Was afraid I would jinx it by sharing it here! I was really hoping that I would hear something yesterday, but am crossing my fingers for today.
Holy smokes, Batman! Congrats!

I'm hoping because I recently sent an email emphasizing my continued enthusiasm for GULC that they didn't feel they needed to probe me. (Hehehe...probe me...)

nellie_bly

New

Post by nellie_bly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:59 am

illy22 wrote:
ttho520 wrote:

Also...this is awesome. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 am

nellie_bly wrote:
PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:
Holy smokes, Batman! Congrats!

I'm hoping because I recently sent an email emphasizing my continued enthusiasm for GULC that they didn't feel they needed to probe me. (Hehehe...probe me...)
Yeah, I'm sure I'm in the pile marked, "Admit. Do not probe. Already desperate." Hence the radio silence is a good thing.

illy22

Bronze

Post by illy22 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:25 am

i sent another quick one this morning, since it's been over a week at this point.

was all..

HEY, i just wrote you,
and this is crazy!
but here's my loci
so admit me, maybe

nellie_bly

New

Post by nellie_bly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:34 am

Hahaha awww, we are having a good time now. Well... kind of... except for all the agony of waiting.

emly

New

Post by emly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:01 pm

illy22 wrote:
HEY, i just wrote you,
and this is crazy!
but here's my loci
so admit me, maybe
+11111111

I think someone said previously that there was a group interview in DC scheduled for the 28th though, so maybe decisions/admits won't be coming until this Friday?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:13 pm

I've come full circle to full-on pessimistic fatalism.
Found this familiar gem in the 2011 waitlist thread:
----------------------------------------
Excerpts from my GULC waitlist odyssey:

“The Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application and has placed your name in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List.” 2/28

“our Committee on Admissions had identified you as one of our stronger applicants and placed you within a special group on our preferred waitlist.” 3/29

“the Committee expects that we may have a small handful of spaces in our full-time program. We have identified your application as part of a small group that the Committee will be reviewing.” 4/28

“but if a few spaces do open up (and, no promises, but we think it's likely that they will), as we have told you, we would like to continue consider you as part of a small group to whom we will turn…Thank you again for your patience, and I hope my next e-mail to you will begin the word ‘Congratulations.’” 5/10

“I'm still hopeful that good news will arrive soon… I do think it is more likely than not that
there will be at least a few openings but I'm just not sure right now.” 5/25

“You continue to be part of a very small group to whom we will go first should any spaces become available.” 6/6

nellie_bly

New

Post by nellie_bly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Buck up, Ned. This is a whole new cycle. There wasn't this crazy amount of waitlist activity from the upper echelon schools last year.

noncontributingzero

New

Post by noncontributingzero » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:58 pm

ned wrote:I've come full circle to full-on pessimistic fatalism.

“The Committee on Admissions has reviewed your application and has placed your name in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List.” 2/28

“our Committee on Admissions had identified you as one of our stronger applicants and placed you within a special group on our preferred waitlist.” 3/29

“the Committee expects that we may have a small handful of spaces in our full-time program. We have identified your application as part of a small group that the Committee will be reviewing.” 4/28

“but if a few spaces do open up (and, no promises, but we think it's likely that they will), as we have told you, we would like to continue consider you as part of a small group to whom we will turn…Thank you again for your patience, and I hope my next e-mail to you will begin the word ‘Congratulations.’” 5/10

“I'm still hopeful that good news will arrive soon… I do think it is more likely than not that

“You continue to be part of a very small group to whom we will go first should any spaces become available.” 6/6
I posted this last year. I found the positive/ small group language to be incredibly frustrating and bordering on unprofessional (viewed cynically as a ploy to keep people interested should GULC need someone with your profile). Nonetheless, I took a year off, retook the LSAT, improved my score, and now I'm headed to GULC with $$. So, I just wanted to say that I have been in your shoes and it is not fun, but don't give up hope and think long-term.

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:03 pm

noncontributingzero wrote:
ned wrote:I've come full circle to full-on pessimistic fatalism.

Cool, I tried seeing where you ended up and got to a dead end. Congrats!

I posted this last year. I found the positive/ small group language to be incredibly frustrating and bordering on unprofessional (viewed cynically as a ploy to keep people interested should GULC need someone with your profile). Nonetheless, I took a year off, retook the LSAT, improved my score, and now I'm headed to GULC with $$. So, I just wanted to say that I have been in your shoes and it is not fun, but don't give up hope and think long-term.
Cool, I tried tracing where you ended up after this post, but I hit a dead end. Congrats!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Law4889

New

Post by Law4889 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Are Andy and Alyson going to show us up again today?

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Law4889 wrote:Are Andy and Alyson going to show us up again today?
All my mass emails have come between 4:55 and 5:00. I'd say 25 more minutes until some of us get a mass email....

Law4889

New

Post by Law4889 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:34 pm

ned wrote:
Law4889 wrote:Are Andy and Alyson going to show us up again today?
All my mass emails have come between 4:55 and 5:00. I'd say 25 more minutes until some of us get a mass email....
Good call. I'm not quite sure why I care... 99% of my brain is telling me "it'll be another generic wait email" but that annoying 1% is saying "but what if it's different?!"

emly

New

Post by emly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:38 pm

I just looked on the status checker, and apparently I have a 6/22/2012 mailing. What does this mean? Anyone else?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:43 pm

emly wrote:I just looked on the status checker, and apparently I have a 6/22/2012 mailing. What does this mean? Anyone else?
I don't have it. I don't think they mail people new waiting dates, so I'll assume it's a good sign. :)

Law4889

New

Post by Law4889 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm getting nervous I'm going to get stood up again...

PoliticalJunkie73

New

Post by PoliticalJunkie73 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:03 pm

emly wrote:I just looked on the status checker, and apparently I have a 6/22/2012 mailing. What does this mean? Anyone else?
That seems odd, given that it is GULC's policy not to post mailing details. From the status checker page:

Due to the volume of our correspondence with applicants, Georgetown is unable to post mailing details.

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:12 pm

PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:
That seems odd, given that it is GULC's policy not to post mailing details. From the status checker page:

Due to the volume of our correspondence with applicants, Georgetown is unable to post mailing details.
Good catch.

Meanwhile, still no update!?!? Maybe they plan ion working late. Otherwise, sensing a credibility issue brewing.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”