Georgetown Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Green Glass Windows

Silver

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Post by Green Glass Windows » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm

illy22 wrote:just got the dreaded wait-but-you're-still-in-a-special-group-email.

blergh.
I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer. I’m writing today to once again update you on Georgetown’s wait list situation.

The response to our second deposit deadline last week was very strong and we ended up admitting only a very few students. You continue to be part of a group to whom we will turn should any spaces become available. We promise to continue to update you with news as we closely watch the class. It is possible that our updates could just be to tell you there’s nothing new to report. But, we do want to keep communicating with you to let you know what’s happening on our end just the same. We promise you a much more definitive answer by June 25th at the latest.

As always, I thank you for your patience and interest in Georgetown, and wish you a terrific summer.

Best,

Andy
Got this one too.

SDPalmTree

Bronze

Post by SDPalmTree » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:Got this one too.
Aye.

weiweilt

New

Post by weiweilt » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:26 pm

I'm wondering what "more definitive" means.

SDPalmTree

Bronze

Post by SDPalmTree » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:28 pm

They'll likely feel comfortable cutting people from the list at that point.

ricsllscir

Bronze

Post by ricsllscir » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Arg not to be a jerk, but anyone else get the Alison email? Got a second deposit approaching...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

goldeneye

Silver

Post by goldeneye » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:52 pm

ricsllscir wrote:Arg not to be a jerk, but anyone else get the Alison email? Got a second deposit approaching...
No, was it the same as Andy's?

ctk

New

Post by ctk » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
illy22 wrote:just got the dreaded wait-but-you're-still-in-a-special-group-email.

blergh.
I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer. I’m writing today to once again update you on Georgetown’s wait list situation.

The response to our second deposit deadline last week was very strong and we ended up admitting only a very few students. You continue to be part of a group to whom we will turn should any spaces become available. We promise to continue to update you with news as we closely watch the class. It is possible that our updates could just be to tell you there’s nothing new to report. But, we do want to keep communicating with you to let you know what’s happening on our end just the same. We promise you a much more definitive answer by June 25th at the latest.

As always, I thank you for your patience and interest in Georgetown, and wish you a terrific summer.

Best,

Andy
Got this one too.

+1

Mac&Cheese89

New

Post by Mac&Cheese89 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:35 pm

ctk wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:

blergh.

Best,

Andy
Got this one too.

+1
+1. I'm probably going to move on and commit to housing at the school where I've already put down my deposits. C'est la vie.

ricsllscir

Bronze

Post by ricsllscir » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Mentions a committee meeting soon to discuss a small group of apps and asked me to reiterate interest

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PoliticalJunkie73

New

Post by PoliticalJunkie73 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:07 pm

So did anyone reply to Friday's email yet, in terms of confirming interest or withdrawing?

nellie_bly

New

Post by nellie_bly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:32 pm

PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:So did anyone reply to Friday's email yet, in terms of confirming interest or withdrawing?
If you are still interested in waiting it out, would now be the time to let them know? Do you think it requires another full loci or just a brief message containing the gist of "I'd wait forever for yooouuu, GULC."

PoliticalJunkie73

New

Post by PoliticalJunkie73 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:52 pm

ricsllscir wrote:Mentions a committee meeting soon to discuss a small group of apps and asked me to reiterate interest
Lucky you. How did you respond to them? Did they say when they might be making a decision?

ricsllscir

Bronze

Post by ricsllscir » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:29 pm

PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:
ricsllscir wrote:Mentions a committee meeting soon to discuss a small group of apps and asked me to reiterate interest
Lucky you. How did you respond to them? Did they say when they might be making a decision?
Sent a quick email saying I was still interested and just got in! Crazy excited, but no mention of financial aid

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PoliticalJunkie73

New

Post by PoliticalJunkie73 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:05 pm

ricsllscir wrote:
PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:
Sent a quick email saying I was still interested and just got in! Crazy excited, but no mention of financial aid
Congratulations (jealous).

PoliticalJunkie73

New

Post by PoliticalJunkie73 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:11 pm

I would love some input here from you guys. I just gave notice at my job and will be moving to DC and attending American if I don't get into Georgetown. My supervisor, with whom I have a great relationship, is a GULC alum. Do you think it would be worth it to ask her to send a LOR to the Admissions Committee on my behalf? If so, should she just send it directly to the committee via email? I just don't know if it's too late in the game for this.

Some background: I'm on the preferred waitlist (have been there since January), have gotten some of the more encouraging emails, but got the most recent email on Friday promising another update by June 25.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Robespierre

Silver

Post by Robespierre » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:49 pm

blergh.

Best,

Andy
Does "a group to which we will turn should any spaces become available" refer to a new favored grouping they created, or does it just refer to the SPWL (or PWL)? Gahd, this is confusing.

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:57 am

Robespierre wrote:

blergh.

Best,

Andy
Does "a group to which we will turn should any spaces become available" refer to a new favored grouping they created, or does it just refer to the SPWL (or PWL)? Gahd, this is confusing.
It just means you are still on the wait list and not admitted. I took the "promise","definitive", and "at the latest" to mean they are getting ready to shut the doors on us. As in, don't let the door hit you on your way out. I've emotionally moved on since that email.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Robespierre

Silver

Post by Robespierre » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 am

ned wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

blergh.

Best,

Andy
It just means you are still on the wait list and not admitted. I took the "promise","definitive", and "at the latest" to mean they are getting ready to shut the doors on us. As in, don't let the door hit you on your way out. I've emotionally moved on since that email.
Not sure the bolded is correct. I'm still on the wait list, but the email I got (the one Jimi Thing quoted on the previous page) pointedly didn't say anything about a "group to which we will turn." So I think that phrase must have some meaning beyond "you're still on the wait list." But who knows.

Agree 100% with the rest of your post; looks like it's time to move on.

illy22

Bronze

Post by illy22 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:57 am

Robespierre wrote:
ned wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

blergh.
Not sure the bolded is correct. I'm still on the wait list, but the email I got (the one Jimi Thing quoted on the previous page) pointedly didn't say anything about a "group to which we will turn." So I think that phrase must have some meaning beyond "you're still on the wait list." But who knows.

Agree 100% with the rest of your post; looks like it's time to move on.
Agreed. I think there is some sort of "Special Group" designation within the waitlist, which definitely includes some original SPWLers, but perhaps some others as well who first received Regular/Preferred WL designations.

Anyway, I'll keep this going till the next update (25th), but in the meantime, getting excited about attending American this fall. Who knows, maybe some more offers will go out. But if I get another email saying how special I am, but that I just need to wait longer... I think I'll finally be ready to cut the cord.

They sure do seem to enjoy leading us on...

weiweilt

New

Post by weiweilt » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:02 am

Robespierre wrote:

blergh.

Best,

Andy
I'm "a part of the group" and regular PWL. I have basically given up hope since the 5/25 update.

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:49 am

In an effort to keep the desperation alive: it looks like Harvard scooped up a bunch of wait listers yesterday. Might the movement trickle down (ew) the t14?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nellie_bly

New

Post by nellie_bly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 am

ned wrote:In an effort to keep the desperation alive: it looks like Harvard scooped up a bunch of wait listers yesterday. Might the movement trickle down (ew) the t14?
+ 1 for optimism! :D

PoliticalJunkie73

New

Post by PoliticalJunkie73 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:46 am

nellie_bly wrote:
ned wrote:In an effort to keep the desperation alive: it looks like Harvard scooped up a bunch of wait listers yesterday. Might the movement trickle down (ew) the t14?
+ 1 for optimism! :D
+ 2 not giving up yet!

Robespierre

Silver

Post by Robespierre » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 am

Good point. And Chicago also has scooped up some people this week.

illy22

Bronze

Post by illy22 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:26 am

Thank god I'm not the only one stalking the other threads :wink:

Saw this too...guarded optimism officially restored!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”