Georgetown Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PoliticalJunkie73

New

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2012

Post by PoliticalJunkie73 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:16 pm

ned wrote:
PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:
emly wrote:I just looked on the status checker, and apparently I have a 6/22/2012 mailing. What does this mean? Anyone else?
That seems odd, given that it is GULC's policy not to post mailing details. From the status checker page:

Due to the volume of our correspondence with applicants, Georgetown is unable to post mailing details.
Good catch.

Meanwhile, still no update!?!? Maybe they plan ion working late. Otherwise, sensing a credibility issue brewing.
I hope they are working late! I could get a partial refund on my tuition deposit at another school if I withdraw by June 30.

weiweilt

New

Post by weiweilt » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:17 pm

ned wrote:
PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:
emly wrote:I just looked on the status checker, and apparently I have a 6/22/2012 mailing. What does this mean? Anyone else?
That seems odd, given that it is GULC's policy not to post mailing details. From the status checker page:

Due to the volume of our correspondence with applicants, Georgetown is unable to post mailing details.
Good catch.

Meanwhile, still no update!?!? Maybe they plan ion working late. Otherwise, sensing a credibility issue brewing.
I don't think credibility is one of their issues.

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:20 pm

weiweilt wrote:
ned wrote:
PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:

Good catch.

Care to elaborate?

weiweilt

New

Post by weiweilt » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:25 pm

ned wrote: I don't think credibility is one of their issues.
Care to elaborate?[/quote]
Simple. What happened to their promise of a more definitive answer by the 25th? As WLed applicants we have zero bargain power against them.

emly

New

Post by emly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:26 pm

ned wrote:
PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:

Good catch.

noticed that too. it is also strange how a 6/22 mailing fits into the contact timeline. it's taking everything i have not to skip my yoga class and run straight home to see if I've gotten whatever it is was allegedly sent to me.

Given that GTown has been pretty good at sticking to their update deadlines, even if to say we have nothing meaningful to tell you, I suspect that there are open spots and instead of spending time drafting/sending these emails, Andy's sifting through his cache of WL candidates.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:30 pm

weiweilt wrote:
ned wrote: I don't think credibility is one of their issues.
Care to elaborate?
Simple. What happened to their promise of a more definitive answer by the 25th? As WLed applicants we have zero bargain power against them.[/quote]

Non sequitur. Someone makes a promise they don't keep, then makes another promise they don't keep. Naturally, they lose credibility. Yes they have all the power. If you think power equals credibility, then I guess this exchange is over.

weiweilt

New

Post by weiweilt » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:35 pm

This is interesting. The absence of their heart-breaking email is also something to cry out loud about. :D
I do think positively for the 6/22 mailing (although I don't have one).

weiweilt

New

Post by weiweilt » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Power does not equal credibility; it cancels the consequences of losing credibility.
Last edited by weiweilt on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Power does not equal credibility; it cancels the consequences of losing credibility.
Oh, so you're not challenging the loss of credibility, but just whether there are consequences. I don't recall asserting there were any consequences.

But you see what happens now? We get to have pointless debates in order to distract from our frustrations!

(BTW, the messed up quote syntax in the posts above actually has us reversing sides, attributing my statements to you and yours to me. Strange.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

weiweilt

New

Post by weiweilt » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:58 pm

ned wrote:
Oh, so you're not challenging the loss of credibility, but just whether there are consequences. I don't recall asserting there were any consequences.

But you see what happens now? We get to have pointless debates in order to distract from our frustrations!

(BTW, the messed up quote syntax in the posts above actually has us reversing sides, attributing my statements to you and yours to me. Strange.)
Did I ever challenge the loss of credibility?
I was just saying that it is not something we can hold against them, hence the not caring/responding on their part.

vynckster

New

Post by vynckster » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:01 pm

I'm going to get Ice Cream... You're all invited...

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:08 pm

vynckster wrote:I'm going to get Ice Cream... You're all invited...
I literally just got an ice-cream cone on my way home. With chocolate sprinkles.

vynckster

New

Post by vynckster » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:13 pm

ned wrote:
I literally just got an ice-cream cone on my way home. With chocolate sprinkles.
Good work, my friend. It will be Mint Chocolate Chip for the vynckster tonight... Maybe we'll all get our cherry on top tomorrow?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

emly

New

Post by emly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:15 pm

ned wrote:
Meanwhile, I am off to yoga. Need some stress relief right about now.

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 pm

weiweilt wrote:
ned wrote:
Good catch.

Dude, I read this precisely as challenging that they lost credibility. If that wasn't your point, but rather, you felt that they were free to do so with impunity, I would have worded it differently....

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

weiweilt

New

Post by weiweilt » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:20 pm

ned wrote:
weiweilt wrote:
ned wrote:
Good catch.

Dude, I read this precisely as challenging that they lost credibility. If that wasn't your point, but rather, you felt that they were free to do so with impunity, I would have worded it differently....
Oh I realized that on second reading...

ttho520

New

Post by ttho520 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:07 pm

If you are not happy about the current status or which ever law school you are in, please watch:

One of the TED's talks:
"Dan Gilbert asks, Why are we happy?"
http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilbert_as ... happy.html

illy22

Bronze

Post by illy22 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:08 pm

ah-mazing.

The coffee shop i'm in keeps playing Adele's "someone like you." Over. And over. Again.

Really makes me feel a certain way about Andy and all of his "promises."

psshhhh

Law4889

New

Post by Law4889 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:47 am

So, when do we think WL people are going to hear?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Law4889 wrote:So, when do we think WL people are going to hear?
All bets are off at this point. I don't think they are deliberating though. They may be waiting for counter-offer responses from folks talking about withdrawing. They may know how many seats are in danger, but it might be taking longer to find out who is really leaving.

Of course, sending us a simple update regarding new uncertainties and shifting outlooks would have been the gentlemanly thing to do. So maybe the silent treatment is a new tactic to shake loose the less serious waitlisters.

I feel like Meatloaf or Jared Leto in Fight Club. Didn't end up so good for them though.

vynckster

New

Post by vynckster » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Attriting the waitlist by pissing people off? I've suspected it all along...

ned

Bronze

Post by ned » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Ug. Just got the new waiting deadline of July 23.

goldeneye

Silver

Post by goldeneye » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Last edited by goldeneye on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”