Waitlist Activity Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
moneybagsphd

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby moneybagsphd » Mon May 21, 2012 12:48 am

Mr. Somebody wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:got off of the GW waitlist 4/26, Penn 5/07, and UCLA 5/09, so all within the same 1-2 week period... there's hope! I know TLSers all think I'm insane for doing this, but I chose UCLA and am very happy about it. withdrew from: Duke, NYU, Columbia, Virginia, Georgetown, GW, Texas, Penn, USC

Thanks for withdrawing from Penn! Hope I get your spot :lol: Have fun at UCLA, not crazy at all if the money's right, and besides SoCal >>> anywhere else on the planet

Other than a couple NYU admit calls, been kind of quiet this week...

Yeah, it's pretty crazy to pay close to sticker (5k/year scholly) for UCLA with Penn on the table.

gravityrides0

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:38 am

moneybagsphd wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:got off of the GW waitlist 4/26, Penn 5/07, and UCLA 5/09, so all within the same 1-2 week period... there's hope! I know TLSers all think I'm insane for doing this, but I chose UCLA and am very happy about it. withdrew from: Duke, NYU, Columbia, Virginia, Georgetown, GW, Texas, Penn, USC

Thanks for withdrawing from Penn! Hope I get your spot :lol: Have fun at UCLA, not crazy at all if the money's right, and besides SoCal >>> anywhere else on the planet

Other than a couple NYU admit calls, been kind of quiet this week...

Yeah, it's pretty crazy to pay close to sticker (5k/year scholly) for UCLA with Penn on the table.

Tuition is also 10k/yr cheaper for two years after becoming a resident, so UCLA is 35k less expensive for me. And location/proximity to where I want to start a career was an important factor for me.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”