Waitlist Activity Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Rawlberto wrote:
fltanglab wrote:Enthusiastically: GW
Less so but still enthusiastic: Fordham, BU, UW


Withdrew from GW last night :)

And our numbers are pretty similiar, so you may have a chance. Although, it should be noted that I got no scholarship from them.


where will you be going in the fall?

balanz
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby balanz » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:27 pm

WL at UC Davis, white knuckled in anticipation.

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:03 pm

TLSwag wrote:Any one here paying a deposit at a school, riding a WL and retaking june? This is what I am doing, would love to talk with people in similar situations.... PM/reply back if so!


That's me to a T! I'm in @ W&M / W&L / IU-B...
WL'd at Penn/UVA/Davis/NotreDame/GW/uWash/UMN

I'm a heavy reverse splitter (4.0/159) and retaking in June to see if I get the bump from one of the t20 waitlists! The real issue would be if I jumped significantly on my LSAT and end up having to wait a year for admissions $$$

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Nammertat wrote:
TLSwag wrote:Any one here paying a deposit at a school, riding a WL and retaking june? This is what I am doing, would love to talk with people in similar situations.... PM/reply back if so!


That's me to a T! I'm in @ W&M / W&L / IU-B...
WL'd at Penn/UVA/Davis/NotreDame/GW/uWash/UMN

I'm a heavy reverse splitter (4.0/159) and retaking in June to see if I get the bump from one of the t20 waitlists! The real issue would be if I jumped significantly on my LSAT and end up having to wait a year for admissions $$$


I kind of want to do that, but soooo scared I would do worse...

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:08 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
TLSwag wrote:Any one here paying a deposit at a school, riding a WL and retaking june? This is what I am doing, would love to talk with people in similar situations.... PM/reply back if so!


That's me to a T! I'm in @ W&M / W&L / IU-B...
WL'd at Penn/UVA/Davis/NotreDame/GW/uWash/UMN

I'm a heavy reverse splitter (4.0/159) and retaking in June to see if I get the bump from one of the t20 waitlists! The real issue would be if I jumped significantly on my LSAT and end up having to wait a year for admissions $$$


I kind of want to do that, but soooo scared I would do worse...


It can't do any harm! I'm not even telling the schools I'm taking it again, so really there isn't any downside.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Nammertat wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
TLSwag wrote:Any one here paying a deposit at a school, riding a WL and retaking june? This is what I am doing, would love to talk with people in similar situations.... PM/reply back if so!


That's me to a T! I'm in @ W&M / W&L / IU-B...
WL'd at Penn/UVA/Davis/NotreDame/GW/uWash/UMN

I'm a heavy reverse splitter (4.0/159) and retaking in June to see if I get the bump from one of the t20 waitlists! The real issue would be if I jumped significantly on my LSAT and end up having to wait a year for admissions $$$


I kind of want to do that, but soooo scared I would do worse...


It can't do any harm! I'm not even telling the schools I'm taking it again, so really there isn't any downside.


LSAC doesn't send your new score automatically?

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Death-grip on Wash U wait list. I WANT IN!

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:39 pm

That's me to a T! I'm in @ W&M / W&L / IU-B...
WL'd at Penn/UVA/Davis/NotreDame/GW/uWash/UMN

I'm a heavy reverse splitter (4.0/159) and retaking in June to see if I get the bump from one of the t20 waitlists! The real issue would be if I jumped significantly on my LSAT and end up having to wait a year for admissions $$$[/quote]

I kind of want to do that, but soooo scared I would do worse...[/quote]

It can't do any harm! I'm not even telling the schools I'm taking it again, so really there isn't any downside.[/quote]

LSAC doesn't send your new score automatically?[/quote]

Not that I'm aware of- Pretty sure you have to go in and send another LSDAS report.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Nammertat wrote:
Not that I'm aware of- Pretty sure you have to go in and send another LSDAS report.


You've convinced me. But shit, does that mean that when I sent in a new transcript, LSAC didn't automatically send that on to schools? How do you re-send the report? Haha, sorry for all the questions-- you can PM me if you want. I'm obviously strugglin'

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:45 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
Not that I'm aware of- Pretty sure you have to go in and send another LSDAS report.


You've convinced me. But shit, does that mean that when I sent in a new transcript, LSAC didn't automatically send that on to schools? How do you re-send the report? Haha, sorry for all the questions-- you can PM me if you want. I'm obviously strugglin'


Now THAT's a good question. I'd get ahold of the admissions office of the school and ask them to request it again if necessary.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby neeko » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:08 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
Not that I'm aware of- Pretty sure you have to go in and send another LSDAS report.


You've convinced me. But shit, does that mean that when I sent in a new transcript, LSAC didn't automatically send that on to schools? How do you re-send the report? Haha, sorry for all the questions-- you can PM me if you want. I'm obviously strugglin'


Lsac sent my new transcript and score automatically.

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:20 pm

neeko wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
Not that I'm aware of- Pretty sure you have to go in and send another LSDAS report.


You've convinced me. But shit, does that mean that when I sent in a new transcript, LSAC didn't automatically send that on to schools? How do you re-send the report? Haha, sorry for all the questions-- you can PM me if you want. I'm obviously strugglin'


Lsac sent my new transcript and score automatically.


ahhh! well I suppose that would mean the LSAT score would go over as well...

It COULD in that sense hurt your wl chances if your score came back lower, BUUUT the score isn't coming out till late June. If a school hasn't let you in by late June, its highly unlikely they were going to, and decide not to based on a lower lsat.

TLSwag
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby TLSwag » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Nammertat wrote:
neeko wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
Not that I'm aware of- Pretty sure you have to go in and send another LSDAS report.


You've convinced me. But shit, does that mean that when I sent in a new transcript, LSAC didn't automatically send that on to schools? How do you re-send the report? Haha, sorry for all the questions-- you can PM me if you want. I'm obviously strugglin'


Lsac sent my new transcript and score automatically.


ahhh! well I suppose that would mean the LSAT score would go over as well...

It COULD in that sense hurt your wl chances if your score came back lower, BUUUT the score isn't coming out till late June. If a school hasn't let you in by late June, its highly unlikely they were going to, and decide not to based on a lower lsat.


+1 - There is still very minimal, if any, downside. Plus you have the option to cancel your score if you are having any doubts. I am also going to be retaking without notifying schools, we are in a pretty similar situation good luck!!!

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Wow, I can't believe i didn't think of this. will definitely retake. June retake support group? haha.

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:56 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:Wow, I can't believe i didn't think of this. will definitely retake. June retake support group? haha.


More like retake psych ward!

organic muskrat
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 am

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby organic muskrat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:05 pm

I don't see that many spots opening up at UCLA this year.

I wish subsidized loans for JD students were still available.

User avatar
westcoast
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby westcoast » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm on the list at UCLA, Vandy, and WUSTL. Wrote a LOCI to UCLA and have my fingers crossed.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby confusedlaw » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 pm

3.7 167 waitlist bu, bc, notre dame, cornell

User avatar
Rawlberto
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Rawlberto » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Rawlberto wrote:
fltanglab wrote:Enthusiastically: GW
Less so but still enthusiastic: Fordham, BU, UW


Withdrew from GW last night :)

And our numbers are pretty similiar, so you may have a chance. Although, it should be noted that I got no scholarship from them.


where will you be going in the fall?


I will be attending a December retake.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Rawlberto wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Rawlberto wrote:
fltanglab wrote:Enthusiastically: GW
Less so but still enthusiastic: Fordham, BU, UW


Withdrew from GW last night :)

And our numbers are pretty similiar, so you may have a chance. Although, it should be noted that I got no scholarship from them.


where will you be going in the fall?


I will be attending a December retake.


hahaha. awesome. :(

kamaya
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby kamaya » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm on the waitlist for Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law. Their website says they begin reviewing wait listed applicants in May but I was wondering if anyone else is waitlisted at that school and if so, have you heard anything yet? I'm interested in hearing feedback from anyone who can give it. Thanks.

ama004
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby ama004 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:55 am

bump...give me some hope people.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:54 pm

got off of the GW waitlist 4/26, Penn 5/07, and UCLA 5/09, so all within the same 1-2 week period... there's hope! I know TLSers all think I'm insane for doing this, but I chose UCLA and am very happy about it. withdrew from: Duke, NYU, Columbia, Virginia, Georgetown, GW, Texas, Penn, USC

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Mr. Somebody » Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:got off of the GW waitlist 4/26, Penn 5/07, and UCLA 5/09, so all within the same 1-2 week period... there's hope! I know TLSers all think I'm insane for doing this, but I chose UCLA and am very happy about it. withdrew from: Duke, NYU, Columbia, Virginia, Georgetown, GW, Texas, Penn, USC


Thanks for withdrawing from Penn! Hope I get your spot :lol: Have fun at UCLA, not crazy at all if the money's right, and besides SoCal >>> anywhere else on the planet

Other than a couple NYU admit calls, been kind of quiet this week...

Masala716
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Masala716 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Withdrew my offers of admission and $$ at ND and GW.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests