Waitlist Activity Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Now that we are in April and already have a Waitlist/Withdraw thread, I thought it would be good to start a Waitlist Activity thread for those of us who are clinging on to waitlists and trying to stay hopeful! Whether your going to law school next fall depends on getting off of a waitlist (my case), or you are happy with where you have been accepted but still hoping for better, feel free to post.

Start off by listing the waitlists you are staying on enthusiastically, those you are staying on a bit less enthusiastically, and those you are withdrawing from... Then, as we get closer to when schools actually start to use their WLs, let fellow TLS WLers know if you have gotten a spot off of the WL, how long you have to accept the spot, what you think helped you attain the spot, etc.

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby favrefire4 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:09 pm

I'm sitting on wait lists at Emory, Wisconsin, Pepperdine, Arizona, and potentially Loyola. It's not fun!

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:10 pm

here's an attempt to get the ball rolling--

Staying on enthusiastically!: Georgetown, UVA, USC, UCLA, Duke, Penn, NYU (if by some miracle I am WL instead of rejected)
Staying on but iffy: GW (not first choice but > BU), Columbia (impossible to get off)
Withdrawing: UT

GabyVA
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby GabyVA » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Sitting (enthusiastically) on the waitlists at American, Penn State and University of Richmond.
Staying on but iffy: Pittsburgh
Last edited by GabyVA on Tue May 01, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TLSwag
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby TLSwag » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:15 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:here's an attempt to get the ball rolling--

Staying on enthusiastically!: Georgetown, UVA, USC, UCLA, Duke, Penn, NYU (if by some miracle I am WL instead of rejected)
Staying on but iffy: GW (not first choice but > BU), Columbia (impossible to get off)
Withdrawing: UT


out of curiosity did you ED anywhere?

Enthusiastic = Fordham
Staying on but iffy = GW
(Still awaiting on BC - threw them a late app, expecting WL/reject)

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:16 pm

TLSwag wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:here's an attempt to get the ball rolling--

Staying on enthusiastically!: Georgetown, UVA, USC, UCLA, Duke, Penn, NYU (if by some miracle I am WL instead of rejected)
Staying on but iffy: GW (not first choice but > BU), Columbia (impossible to get off)
Withdrawing: UT


out of curiosity did you ED anywhere?

Enthusiastic = Fordham
Staying on but iffy = GW
(Still awaiting on BC - threw them a late app, expecting WL/reject)


No EDs... RD everywhere, submitted 12/08

TLSwag
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby TLSwag » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:18 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
TLSwag wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:here's an attempt to get the ball rolling--

Staying on enthusiastically!: Georgetown, UVA, USC, UCLA, Duke, Penn, NYU (if by some miracle I am WL instead of rejected)
Staying on but iffy: GW (not first choice but > BU), Columbia (impossible to get off)
Withdrawing: UT


out of curiosity did you ED anywhere?

Enthusiastic = Fordham
Staying on but iffy = GW
(Still awaiting on BC - threw them a late app, expecting WL/reject)


No EDs... RD everywhere, submitted 12/08


Damn, I think you definitely would have snagged UVa/GT/Penn with an ED app. But you should be confident that you can get one of those T14 WL's! USC/UCLA are obviously great options for southern cal practice as well. What's your top choice?

t14fanboy
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby t14fanboy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Spam LOCI and go bow a couple of times at a Buddhist monastery.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:24 pm

TLSwag wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
TLSwag wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:here's an attempt to get the ball rolling--

Staying on enthusiastically!: Georgetown, UVA, USC, UCLA, Duke, Penn, NYU (if by some miracle I am WL instead of rejected)
Staying on but iffy: GW (not first choice but > BU), Columbia (impossible to get off)
Withdrawing: UT


out of curiosity did you ED anywhere?

Enthusiastic = Fordham
Staying on but iffy = GW
(Still awaiting on BC - threw them a late app, expecting WL/reject)


No EDs... RD everywhere, submitted 12/08


Damn, I think you definitely would have snagged UVa/GT/Penn with an ED app. But you should be confident that you can get one of those T14 WL's! USC/UCLA are obviously great options for southern cal practice as well. What's your top choice?


Yeah, I really really regret having waited so long. I would love to end up in southern cal, so UCLA is definitely up there, but other than that my top choices are Penn/UVA (/NYU if I get WLed). but don't get me wrong, I would be pumped to get off of ANY of these WLs.

Best of luck getting off the Fordham WL!

User avatar
georgia32
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby georgia32 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Staying on enthusiastically: UGA
Staying on but iffy: N/A
Withdrawing: Emory (even if I got off the wait list, the cost would be too much at sticker)

eboston
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby eboston » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Enthusiastically: WUSTL
Iffy: University of Missouri-Columbia(In-State Tuition)

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Staying on enthusiastically: Emory (till the bitter end), Washington and Lee, College of William and Mary
Staying on but iffy: Richmond, Georgia St

Will likely withdraw from Georgia St at the end of the month.

TLSwag
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby TLSwag » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Yeah, I really really regret having waited so long. I would love to end up in southern cal, so UCLA is definitely up there, but other than that my top choices are Penn/UVA (/NYU if I get WLed). but don't get me wrong, I would be pumped to get off of ANY of these WLs.

Best of luck getting off the Fordham WL!
[/quote]

Thank you! Great thread, btw - I think we got it bumping now! We'll keep updating throughout

TLSwag
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby TLSwag » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Any one here paying a deposit at a school, riding a WL and retaking june? This is what I am doing, would love to talk with people in similar situations.... PM/reply back if so!

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby USMCMatt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Staying on Enthusiastically: UGA and W&M
Staying on begging and pleading with tears of anticipation: UDub
Staying on not really giving a shit but hey, that's cool: Emory

Top two admits are GMU and Hastings...I like them both. Tough call.

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby shroeder » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:38 pm

USMCMatt wrote:Staying on Enthusiastically: UGA and W&M
Staying on begging and pleading with tears of anticipation: UDub
Staying on not really giving a shit but hey, that's cool: Emory

Top two admits are GMU and Hastings...I like them both. Tough call.


What kinda law are you looking for? I'm between GMU and Fordham for patent law.

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby USMCMatt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:46 pm

shroeder wrote:
USMCMatt wrote:Staying on Enthusiastically: UGA and W&M
Staying on begging and pleading with tears of anticipation: UDub
Staying on not really giving a shit but hey, that's cool: Emory

Top two admits are GMU and Hastings...I like them both. Tough call.


What kinda law are you looking for? I'm between GMU and Fordham for patent law.


I'm a little up un the air but I like national security. GMU also has a pro bono clinic for vets and military that I want to become involved with.

Revolver066
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Revolver066 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:48 pm

I'm on a bunch, but I want to get off UCLA's WL, and I'll stay on MVP Wls.

me!0712
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby me!0712 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:01 pm

I was WL at a lot of schools. I don't really know which ones I want to stay on though. Oh well here it goes:

Columbia (probably not going to happen, really hard to get off the "reserve group") not enthusiastic about this one at all
Chicago (prob withdrawing)
Penn ?
UVA ?
Northwestern (probably withdrawing)
WUSTL (wihdrawing soon)

I guess mainly Penn and UVA and of course HLS and SLS if they waitlist me

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby justicefishy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Enthusiastically: Chicago (the only thing that'll pull me away from Penn)
Sort of Meh-ly: Columbia, Michigan (I'll probably withdraw from both in mid-May)

ama004
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby ama004 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Enthusiastically: Maryland (part-time) :roll:

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby fltanglab » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Enthusiastically: GW
Less so but still enthusiastic: Fordham, BU, UW

cevaugha
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby cevaugha » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Enthusiastically: U of Richmond (dear god please let me in!!!!) obv. my first choice, William and Mary
Iffy: American (they want you to pay a 900 dollar deposit in 24 hours if they take you off the wait list), Washington and Lee, George Mason

The only schools I got into straight off were tier II so any of these schools would be a vast improvement but I am hoping, praying, and keeping my fingers double crossed for U of R

Decimal
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 am

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Decimal » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Staying on but iffy: Northwestern and UCLA
Hoping I don't have to add UC Davis and USC to this list (or be outright rejected).

User avatar
Rawlberto
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Postby Rawlberto » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:01 pm

fltanglab wrote:Enthusiastically: GW
Less so but still enthusiastic: Fordham, BU, UW


Withdrew from GW last night :)

And our numbers are pretty similiar, so you may have a chance. Although, it should be noted that I got no scholarship from them.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], whodareswins and 6 guests