opinions regarding scholarship options

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ksue711

opinions regarding scholarship options

Postby ksue711 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:02 am

I would like opinions please. I'm new and ignorant.

Case Western offer $27K yr, stipulation "good academic standing" of 2.33 GPA. Is this realistic? Searched to try to find median GPA at this school, couldn't find it on their website, found a list of median GPA's on Wikipedia (don't know if/how accurate it is) It says "Case Western Reserve University School of Law 3.2 (3.44 Median)

If this is so, then the 2.33 stip seems reasonable??

Also have a $15K offer from Penn State Dickinson - stip not sent yet, suppose be sent on separate letter. The info on Wikipedia shows median at Pennsylvania State University – Dickinson School of Law 2.90–3.10.

I'm also assuming an acceptance and some kind of offer from Lewis and Clark also (in my home state of Oregon), but have not yet received anything yet. I am at high end of their stats, 161 LSAT, 3.5 UGPA. I'm assuming that offer will be $15-20K.

Help please! Thanks!

MachineLemon

Re: opinions regarding scholarship options

Postby MachineLemon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:05 am

Do you have ties to either Ohio or PA?

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:17 am

Lewis & Clark. Did you apply to Oregon or to the Univ. of Washington ?

P.S. Yes. the 2.33 stipulation from Case Western Reserve is reasonable since it basically requires that you don't flunk out.

ksue711

Postby ksue711 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:54 am

No particular ties to OH or PA. Born and raised in Oregon. Yes, Applied to Univ of WA (reach school), no reply yet, and also applied to UO, also no reply yet - pretty certain of acceptance with UO, but don't expect alot of $$, not known for particularly being generous (and as undergrad they weren't generous even with a 3.97 HS GPA, and good SAT). Apps were sent but letter recommenders were slow to submit to LSAC so think files may have been held up from review, so just now starting to get replies back from schools...and alot of seat deadlines quickly approaching. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”