Is George Mason a losing game? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
justathought21

New

Re: Is George Mason a losing game?

Post by justathought21 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:25 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
justathought21 wrote:A part of me thinks I should "grow a pair" and go for it
"growing a pair" = not going. Attending is the easy option. Get some work experience, study for the LSAT until you feel like bashing your head in, then retake.

Although, if those are your real numbers, you might be best to work out what is wrong with your application materials first.
Thanks for your optimism. Those are 100% my real numbers and the more research I have done today on medians of different schools, the more I am confused at how George Mason even manages to compete in the top year. I am pretty certain I will take the LSAT one more time and see what happens. Hopefully I can break into the 170's (I know that can be tough to do) and then I can contact the George Mason Admissions Office next year and see how they "like me now" :)
we'll see..."Go Big Or Go Home" I suppose.
I appreciate all of the advice and input thus far and am open to suggestions as well.

josh43299

Bronze

Re: Is George Mason a losing game?

Post by josh43299 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:46 am

justathought21 wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:
justathought21 wrote:A part of me thinks I should "grow a pair" and go for it
"growing a pair" = not going. Attending is the easy option. Get some work experience, study for the LSAT until you feel like bashing your head in, then retake.

Although, if those are your real numbers, you might be best to work out what is wrong with your application materials first.
Thanks for your optimism. Those are 100% my real numbers and the more research I have done today on medians of different schools, the more I am confused at how George Mason even manages to compete in the top year. I am pretty certain I will take the LSAT one more time and see what happens. Hopefully I can break into the 170's (I know that can be tough to do) and then I can contact the George Mason Admissions Office next year and see how they "like me now" :)
we'll see..."Go Big Or Go Home" I suppose.
I appreciate all of the advice and input thus far and am open to suggestions as well.
You seem to lack a very basic knowledge of this whole applying to law school thing. Go to lawschoolnumbers.com and see what people are getting with a 3.9+/170+. You are looking at substantial scholarship money from UChicago/NYU/Michigan/Duke/etc with just a 170... Full ride at UCLA perhaps. Where all did you apply this time? Results? Getting up to a 170 starting from a high 160 with a couple months of serious study should be very doable. In other words, completely forget about GMU. Start thinking Yale/Harvard/Stanford.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”