Should I be worried?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
harocutter

Should I be worried?

Postby harocutter » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:54 pm

I applied to Loyola Los Angeles in early November and my application was confirmed on November 20th. I applied with a 2.83 GPA, 166 LSAT score, a GPA addendum, and strong soft factors. I have not heard back from them yet at all, no rejection letter nor an acceptance letter. My question is, should I be worried at this point? Should I be concerned with the amount of time it is taking to hear back from Loyola? I was thinking because I'm not "a first round draft pick" I would have to wait a little bit longer, but this amount of time is getting me a little worried. What do you guys think, do I have a shot at getting in, should I be worried? Thank you for your advice and time.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Re: Should I be worried?

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:51 pm

I would be worried with your low GPA, regardless of time-frame.

But, your wait is not epic. There are people who went complete in October still waiting for replies.

I'm sure you hear something anytime within the next four-five weeks.

seancris

Postby seancris » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Law school predictor gives you a "consider." I wouldn't count on admission to any school with a consider. You could definitely get in, but I would draw up some back up options in case you haven't done so already.

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:38 pm

harocutter wrote:I applied to Loyola Los Angeles in early November and my application was confirmed on November 20th. I applied with a 2.83 GPA, 166 LSAT score, a GPA addendum, and strong soft factors. I have not heard back from them yet at all, no rejection letter nor an acceptance letter. My question is, should I be worried at this point? Should I be concerned with the amount of time it is taking to hear back from Loyola? I was thinking because I'm not "a first round draft pick" I would have to wait a little bit longer, but this amount of time is getting me a little worried. What do you guys think, do I have a shot at getting in, should I be worried? Thank you for your advice and time.

I wouldn't consider it a no-go. Law school admissions are taking longer this cycle than previous cycles. You may be considered part of their WL set too. I know of at least one school that I applied to that doesn't waitlist anyone until end of March/early April. If you check out LSN, no one has been waitlisted yet.

If you are really interested in Loyola for a specific reason (you live in LA/they offer something you really want) then write a simple LOCI but don't make it sound "too needy." I wouldn't be discouraged until you have to be.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”