Decision Deadlines

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bfrazer

Decision Deadlines

Postby bfrazer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:23 pm

So, as I can see is the case with a lot of people on these forums, it is now mid-March and I still haven't heard a peep from 5 of my 9 schools. Is there a date we can expect law schools to be making mass decisions? I think it would be incredibly inconsiderate of law schools to let us know any later than April 1st considering that most schools require a deposit around this time. I don't want to lose a spot at another school in anticipation for getting into another and then being stuck with no school to go to!

BearsGrl

Re: Decision Deadlines

Postby BearsGrl » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:30 pm

bfrazer wrote:So, as I can see is the case with a lot of people on these forums, it is now mid-March and I still haven't heard a peep from 5 of my 9 schools. Is there a date we can expect law schools to be making mass decisions? I think it would be incredibly inconsiderate of law schools to let us know any later than April 1st considering that most schools require a deposit around this time. I don't want to lose a spot at another school in anticipation for getting into another and then being stuck with no school to go to!

I've yet to hear from 10 schools myself. Count yourself lucky at five. :) Normally schools expect you to put a seat deposit down as "lost money" and they will continue to accept people according to their own time guidelines. Each school operates different, but I wouldn't assume anything with the April 1st as a deadline. Your goal should be to hold a spot at at least one institution and then remove yourself if you get a better opportunity.

VanillaCola

Re: Decision Deadlines

Postby VanillaCola » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm still waiting on around 14 schools and I've gotten a response from only 7 schools. I applied back in late Oct. and went complete around November 20 for most of the schools.

I think being a massive splitter is slowing down the responses, but hopefully the new rankings might speed up decisions.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”