Penn Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Read14
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby Read14 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I've never posted before, but I felt like now was a good time considering how useful I've found these forums.

I received a phone call from Penn on Thursday re: my interest in attending. Penn has been my top choice and goal since I began contemplating law school, so of course I was very enthusiastic. I then received a call today that I was accepted!

I sent one LOCI.

I am so excited!

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby Mr. Somebody » Mon May 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Read14 wrote:Hi everyone,

I've never posted before, but I felt like now was a good time considering how useful I've found these forums.

I received a phone call from Penn on Thursday re: my interest in attending. Penn has been my top choice and goal since I began contemplating law school, so of course I was very enthusiastic. I then received a call today that I was accepted!

I sent one LOCI.

I am so excited!


Hi there. Congratulations! Mind sharing stats and if you are URM?

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby Lawbro » Mon May 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Congrats to the two who have gotten in. I am also interested in hearing your stats so I can get a better sense of what penn is looking for

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby gravityrides0 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Lawbro wrote:Congrats to the two who have gotten in. I am also interested in hearing your stats so I can get a better sense of what penn is looking for


165/ 4.07 ...maybe they are looking for reverse splitters/GPAs? (for once...). What are your stats?

Congrats to Read114! :)

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby Lawbro » Mon May 07, 2012 6:24 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Lawbro wrote:Congrats to the two who have gotten in. I am also interested in hearing your stats so I can get a better sense of what penn is looking for


165/ 4.07 ...maybe they are looking for reverse splitters/GPAs? (for once...). What are your stats?

Congrats to Read114! :)


170 and 3.7 (lsac). My gpa is pretty low for penn

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby gravityrides0 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Lawbro wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Lawbro wrote:Congrats to the two who have gotten in. I am also interested in hearing your stats so I can get a better sense of what penn is looking for


165/ 4.07 ...maybe they are looking for reverse splitters/GPAs? (for once...). What are your stats?

Congrats to Read114! :)


170 and 3.7 (lsac). My gpa is pretty low for penn


but so is my LSAT... Since they seem to be slowly trickling through the WL, they may be replacing people who are withdrawing with WLers who have similar stats. so if you're showing interest and another 170 LSAT withdraws, you'd probably have a great shot!

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby justicefishy » Tue May 08, 2012 2:47 am

Good luck everyone on the waitlist and looking forward to seeing everyone in Philly next year!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby msblaw89 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:00 am

Do you all think Penn is still going to extend phone interviews? Or were th few calls on Monday the "interviews"

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:29 am

justicefishy wrote:Good luck everyone on the waitlist and looking forward to seeing everyone in Philly next year!


yay thanks!!

p.s. PM me if you know any good housing info... this is next on the list for me to freak out about!

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby quaker10 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:38 am

gravityrides0 wrote:
justicefishy wrote:Good luck everyone on the waitlist and looking forward to seeing everyone in Philly next year!


yay thanks!!

p.s. PM me if you know any good housing info... this is next on the list for me to freak out about!


I lived in Chestnut Hall as an undergrad..super close to the law school and really nice for West Philly. Many students choose to live downtown, but this is great if you want to live on campus. It is full of grad students and residents at the hospital and does not feel like a dorm.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:49 am

quaker10 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
justicefishy wrote:Good luck everyone on the waitlist and looking forward to seeing everyone in Philly next year!


yay thanks!!

p.s. PM me if you know any good housing info... this is next on the list for me to freak out about!


I lived in Chestnut Hall as an undergrad..super close to the law school and really nice for West Philly. Many students choose to live downtown, but this is great if you want to live on campus. It is full of grad students and residents at the hospital and does not feel like a dorm.



thanks! their website looked great, but this is scary, haha

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/PA ... all.html#b

maybe things have changed...

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby quaker10 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 am

gravityrides0 wrote:
quaker10 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
justicefishy wrote:Good luck everyone on the waitlist and looking forward to seeing everyone in Philly next year!


yay thanks!!

p.s. PM me if you know any good housing info... this is next on the list for me to freak out about!


I lived in Chestnut Hall as an undergrad..super close to the law school and really nice for West Philly. Many students choose to live downtown, but this is great if you want to live on campus. It is full of grad students and residents at the hospital and does not feel like a dorm.



thanks! their website looked great, but this is scary, haha

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/PA ... all.html#b

maybe things have changed...

Well, here's the deal. It's not GREAT, but the other on campus apartments and apartment manager's are arguably worse. Nothing in West Philly is great unless you pay for the snazzy buildings, but those are largely for professors and others who have the money to spend. I know lots of MBA's live in 1900 Locust downtown.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:58 am

quaker10 wrote:Well, here's the deal. It's not GREAT, but the other on campus apartments and apartment manager's are arguably worse. Nothing in West Philly is great unless you pay for the snazzy buildings, but those are largely for professors and others who have the money to spend. I know lots of MBA's live in 1900 Locust downtown.


thanks for the info! I have some research to do 8)

justicefishy
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby justicefishy » Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
quaker10 wrote:Well, here's the deal. It's not GREAT, but the other on campus apartments and apartment manager's are arguably worse. Nothing in West Philly is great unless you pay for the snazzy buildings, but those are largely for professors and others who have the money to spend. I know lots of MBA's live in 1900 Locust downtown.


thanks for the info! I have some research to do 8)


I'm doing Left Bank next year which should be great; expensive but great. :D

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby msblaw89 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:34 pm

justicefishy wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
quaker10 wrote:Well, here's the deal. It's not GREAT, but the other on campus apartments and apartment manager's are arguably worse. Nothing in West Philly is great unless you pay for the snazzy buildings, but those are largely for professors and others who have the money to spend. I know lots of MBA's live in 1900 Locust downtown.


thanks for the info! I have some research to do 8)


I'm doing Left Bank next year which should be great; expensive but great. :D

Whie I am so happy that you all got into Penn... Could you all take this to the admitted students thread instead of the WL? Makes me sad :(

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:38 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
justicefishy wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
quaker10 wrote:Well, here's the deal. It's not GREAT, but the other on campus apartments and apartment manager's are arguably worse. Nothing in West Philly is great unless you pay for the snazzy buildings, but those are largely for professors and others who have the money to spend. I know lots of MBA's live in 1900 Locust downtown.


thanks for the info! I have some research to do 8)


I'm doing Left Bank next year which should be great; expensive but great. :D

Whie I am so happy that you all got into Penn... Could you all take this to the admitted students thread instead of the WL? Makes me sad :(


I PMed jfishy, haha... Don't be sad-- you're next! good luck!!

Feddy250
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby Feddy250 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Just got in off the waiting list! Got the call on Monday gauging my interest. I was very interested but didn't want to pay sticker. The admissions office was really helpful and gave me a potential financial aid package based on my need. 70K! I was brought up to the committee today and accepted. As of right now, I am attending!

For those of you interested in my stats...

3.95/170 non-URM and never sent a LOCI....

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby Lawbro » Wed May 09, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm surprised you were waitlisted in the first place

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:07 am

So are we at the point where waitlist acceptances trickle out one per month for the rest of the summer, or could there still be a "wave"?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:36 am

cogitoergosum wrote:So are we at the point where waitlist acceptances trickle out one per month for the rest of the summer, or could there still be a "wave"?


I don't think it will be a wave. The last e-mail I received from Dean Post said she hoped to give another update mid June

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby msblaw89 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:53 am

Rejected from WL on Thursday... Now just riding out Duke WL

NJPitcher
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby NJPitcher » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:11 am

Was accepted off the WL yesterday - got an interest email on Tuesday, spoke with them on Thursday, offered yesterday. Withdrawing from NYU and staying in Philly!

User avatar
Indebted
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby Indebted » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:48 am

NJPitcher wrote:Was accepted off the WL yesterday - got an interest email on Tuesday, spoke with them on Thursday, offered yesterday. Withdrawing from NYU and staying in Philly!


Incredibly jealous. Congratulations!

Rampage1
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:21 am

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby Rampage1 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:20 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Rejected from WL on Thursday... Now just riding out Duke WL


Sorry to hear that. Did you get news via email or snail mail? Congrats to those who got in this week.

Revolver066
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby Revolver066 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:38 pm

NJPitcher wrote:Was accepted off the WL yesterday - got an interest email on Tuesday, spoke with them on Thursday, offered yesterday. Withdrawing from NYU and staying in Philly!


+1 (except I'm withdrawing from NU). East coast bound!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Baby Gaga, Google [Bot], Keilz, mjm1315, Nickel94, proteinshake, ray.bee, sarasashasara, studyingeveryday and 18 guests