Penn Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Postby 2014 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:33 am

Jam is attending NYU with like 60k, what if Penn were to come in this week and offer him like 90k or something? Yeah it's not at all likely, but if there is a point at which he would attend Penn even this late, why should he decline himself before they do? I know it's frustrating to people on the WL who probably need less scholarship coercion than him or other T6s might need, but ultimately they all paid the same app fees and time cost that you all did and deserve to hear an answer if they want one.

I'll prepare to get criticized now :P

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:02 am

2014 wrote:Jam is attending NYU with like 60k, what if Penn were to come in this week and offer him like 90k or something? Yeah it's not at all likely, but if there is a point at which he would attend Penn even this late, why should he decline himself before they do? I know it's frustrating to people on the WL who probably need less scholarship coercion than him or other T6s might need, but ultimately they all paid the same app fees and time cost that you all did and deserve to hear an answer if they want one.

lol this.

I would totally consider Penn with a larger scholly offer than NYU. I understand that it's extraordinarily unlikely, and if I were to get in and notified that I was not going to be receiving a competitive aid package, I would withdraw within the day. However, the minuscule chance of that happening is worth holding onto wait list spots and it's an unfair criticism of my role in the application process for people to question my behavior.

Me saying the "the lulz" was a glib reaction, but the odds of things falling into position for me to end up at Penn are lulzworthy.

TL;DR: thanks, 2014

hichvichwoh

Postby hichvichwoh » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:26 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
2014 wrote:Jam is attending NYU with like 60k, what if Penn were to come in this week and offer him like 90k or something? Yeah it's not at all likely, but if there is a point at which he would attend Penn even this late, why should he decline himself before they do? I know it's frustrating to people on the WL who probably need less scholarship coercion than him or other T6s might need, but ultimately they all paid the same app fees and time cost that you all did and deserve to hear an answer if they want one.

lol this.

I would totally consider Penn with a larger scholly offer than NYU. I understand that it's extraordinarily unlikely, and if I were to get in and notified that I was not going to be receiving a competitive aid package, I would withdraw within the day. However, the minuscule chance of that happening is worth holding onto wait list spots and it's an unfair criticism of my role in the application process for people to question my behavior.

Me saying the "the lulz" was a glib reaction, but the odds of things falling into position for me to end up at Penn are lulzworthy.

Yeah, I think if you had said "in the off chance of getting a huge scholarship" instead of "for the lulz" no one would've even batted an eye.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:28 am

hichvichwoh wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

lol this.

Yeah, I think if you had said "in the off chance of getting a huge scholarship" instead of "for the lulz" no one would've even batted an eye.

:P :lol:

cart

Postby cart » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 am

In at Penn. Got an interest call early last week followed by an accept a day later. GL to eveyone still waiting!

hichvichwoh

Postby hichvichwoh » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:59 am

cart wrote:In at Penn. Got an interest call early last week followed by an accept a day later. GL to eveyone still waiting!

Grats, mind sharing stats?

cart

Postby cart » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:02 pm

pmed

bkdude44

Postby bkdude44 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Did anyone ever get offered admission off the waitlist since the final email update was sent out. I know today was orientation.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”