UR 2/17 Penn Law??? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kntu24

New

Re: UR 2/17 Penn Law???

Post by kntu24 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Geneva wrote:I apologize if this is a silly question, but I noticed other people posting about talking to schools in order to figure out why they were rejected. Would it be crazy for me to do this with Penn after the cycle is over? I am legitimately curious...
No offense, but why do you care? You are already in a bunch of great schools. Why does Penn owe you an explanation? They rejected you because with your numbers and being an URM you clearly were going to get into a better school. That's it. You didn't get in, move on.

FeraFera

Bronze

Post by FeraFera » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Geneva wrote:I apologize if this is a silly question, but I noticed other people posting about talking to schools in order to figure out why they were rejected. Would it be crazy for me to do this with Penn after the cycle is over? I am legitimately curious...
If you're wanting to do this because you plan to re-apply in a later cycle and are looking for tips on how to strengthen your application, then it might be acceptable. If you're only being neurotic, don't do it.

ru1ess

New

Post by ru1ess » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Geneva, lol, calm your ass down.. Go to Stanford-- Cali will slow you up

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:39 pm

FeraFera wrote:
If you're wanting to do this because you plan to re-apply in a later cycle and are looking for tips on how to strengthen your application, then it might be acceptable. If you're only being neurotic, don't do it.
Do schools actually respond to that if its for the first reason?

Liquox

Bronze

Post by Liquox » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:28 pm

do it. of the t14, penn needs humble pie the most. the other t14s already know why they're great; they don't need to be reminded constantly with a "why ___" statement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

New

Post by 05753 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:33 pm

dinged by email

Indebted

New

Post by Indebted » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Waitlisted via email just now.

Liquox

Bronze

Post by Liquox » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Indebted wrote:Waitlisted via email just now.
... you're joking.

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Liquox wrote:
... you're joking.
Not surprising at all. Penn loves YPing low-GPA high LSAT scores.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Liquox

Bronze

Post by Liquox » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
Liquox wrote:
... you're joking.
a friend of mine at uchicago law said earlier this month, her prof accidentally blurted out "penn is a shitty law school" in front of the whole class. now i know why...

kntu24

New

Post by kntu24 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 pm

3/30 people any news yet????

QueMellow

Bronze

Post by QueMellow » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Liquox wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
Liquox wrote:
... you're joking.
a friend of mine at uchicago law said earlier this month, her prof accidentally blurted out "penn is a shitty law school" in front of the whole class. now i know why...
Ha! Chicago Law, keeping it classy.

Nelson

Gold

Post by Nelson » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Liquox wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
Liquox wrote:
... you're joking.
The dean of UChi's law school basically told me the same thing. But UChi has the biggest inferiority complex of any law school in the country, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kntu24

New

Post by kntu24 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:46 pm

a friend of mine at uchicago law said earlier this month, her prof accidentally blurted out "penn is a shitty law school" in front of the whole class. now i know why...[/quote]
The dean of UChi's law school basically told me the same thing. But UChi has the biggest inferiority complex of any law school in the country, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.[/quote]

yeah like, when asked about the one student who failed the bar, he responded that they probably only failed because their answers were too intellectual and they thought to much about the questions. LoL.

justicefishy

Bronze

Post by justicefishy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm

kntu24 wrote:a friend of mine at uchicago law said earlier this month, her prof accidentally blurted out "penn is a shitty law school" in front of the whole class. now i know why...
The dean of UChi's law school basically told me the same thing. But UChi has the biggest inferiority complex of any law school in the country, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.[/quote]

yeah like, when asked about the one student who failed the bar, he responded that they probably only failed because their answers were too intellectual and they thought to much about the questions. LoL.[/quote]

But...but...rigor!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”