In at Mich, out at Texas!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aqua

In at Mich, out at Texas!

Postby Aqua » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:39 pm

I am so confused by law school admissions. I got into Michigan, but was waitlisted at Texas. My application for Texas was better than the one I sent to Michigan. WHHHHY did this happen?
I realize my LSAT is low for both, but still find it hard to understand. I'm obviously not yield protected for Texas...
165/3.8/half German half AA

Sandro

Re: In at Mich, out at Texas!

Postby Sandro » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:41 pm

Aqua wrote:I am so confused by law school admissions.

half AA

Aqua

Postby Aqua » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Sandro wrote:
Aqua wrote:I am so confused by law school admissions.

half AA

haha. i mean, my lsat was low for michigan, but i worked really hard on my personal essays for both schools.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Aqua wrote:haha. i mean, my lsat was low for michigan, but i worked really hard on my personal essays for both schools.

I doubt it was the fact that you worked so hard on your personal essays. It's more that being a URM makes your cycle less predictable.

(Note that doesn't mean they aren't predictable because they are. It's just there is more variation.)

Aqua

Postby Aqua » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:46 pm

bk1 wrote:
Aqua wrote:haha. i mean, my lsat was low for michigan, but i worked really hard on my personal essays for both schools.

I doubt it was the fact that you worked so hard on your personal essays. It's more that being a URM makes your cycle less predictable.

(Note that doesn't mean they aren't predictable because they are. It's just there is more variation.)

that makes sense. though i feel like most states that aren't supposed to take minority status into account (e.g. michigan, ca) do, so not sure what is up with tx.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”