FortunaGubernans wrote: hyakku wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Hey, hyakku. Did you overcome the troll? Are congratulations in order?
Got in. Called back in between going to work and a final this morning and had to leave a message since the officer I've been talking to was on the phone. The receptionist had me schedule a call back time, but around 5 minutes before my final I got a call and she wanted to give me the goodnews before I took my test just to make it better
I also got a scholarship that was comparably to my other schools (lower but with CoL being lower it ends up being slightly more if I manage well). If my grants are similar based off need it would be an incredible blessing, but really right now I'm just basking in the pleasure of my cycle being done, being employed for the summer and being fortunate enough to be placed in such a difficult position to make a decision. I'm really feeling blessed today, I hope the rest of you all get a chance to feel as good.
Congrats then! And congrats to Tyeger. Good luck to you both on making the decision.
So it looks like we've got at least three firm offers extended - jadore's friend, Tyeger, and hyakku. jadore, did you get a second call as well, making it four firm offers? And of the four, are any of you sure you'll accept?
My guess is that they've made all the initial offers they're going to make right now already, but that they won't change the FAQ page to say they aren't looking anymore until they have ten people who have officially accepted the offer they've extended. That could be a couple weeks, depending on interest. Anyone else have thoughts? Anyone else get calls?
I feel like it may be something similar, although I'm assuming they placed a few calls and TLS isn't representative of all of us. I'm trying to make my decision as fast as possible so that they can move on everyone else. I'm 99.999% I'll be attending, I'd just like to see the aid package if so, but if preliminary results suggest I'm eligible for need based I'd likely be doing that.
I have a feeling also that it may be that they are trying to finish off URM yield as it seems a lot of schools placed many of us (especially splitters) on hold with the lowered application volume this year, so perhaps this first round is just that, and the next round will deal with everyone else (non splitter URMs, splitters, reverse splitters, etc.?) Just some speculation. Keep us posted, and I'll keep you all posted as well. Thanks Fortuna for the thread too, I would've never been alert and ready had I not checked back in here.