Waitlisted at Chicago (2012) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Platinum

Re: Waitlisted at Chicago (2012)

Post by 2014 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:17 pm

DuBonVin7 wrote:So... scratch everything I said yesterday, I just got in! So excited to be at Chicago in a few months!

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
Congrats!!! :D

Greenandgold

Bronze

Post by Greenandgold » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:37 am

2014 wrote:
DuBonVin7 wrote:So... scratch everything I said yesterday, I just got in! So excited to be at Chicago in a few months!

Congrats!!! :D
So glad to hear that we were wrong. Look forward to seeing you in just a few weeks!

itsaclassic

New

Post by itsaclassic » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm an incoming 1L (female) from CA and looking for a new roommate. My old roommate just got off the wait list for another school. I have a 2 Bedroom lease at Regents for a very good deal. Please message me if you are interested!

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:30 am

Someone posted on the FB group today that they wouldn't be attending. No idea when they made that decision, but if it was today that very well could be another spot opening up. It's getting to where everywhere else is starting though so I don't envy you guys still riding it out :(

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:05 am

2014 wrote:Someone posted on the FB group today that they wouldn't be attending. No idea when they made that decision, but if it was today that very well could be another spot opening up. It's getting to where everywhere else is starting though so I don't envy you guys still riding it out :(
would still consider it, especially if Dean Perry could help a brother out with the housing situation :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Greenandgold

Bronze

Post by Greenandgold » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:12 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
2014 wrote:Someone posted on the FB group today that they wouldn't be attending. No idea when they made that decision, but if it was today that very well could be another spot opening up. It's getting to where everywhere else is starting though so I don't envy you guys still riding it out :(
would still consider it, especially if Dean Perry could help a brother out with the housing situation :mrgreen:
Psh, you don't need help with that, you need to get in off the waitlist and come join all of us in Regents!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:16 am

Greenandgold wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Psh, you don't need help with that, you need to get in off the waitlist and come join all of us in Regents!
I don't think Regents is overly conducive to married life, but yeah, I'd probably end up there this late in.

justicefishy

Bronze

Post by justicefishy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:55 am

I think I've done this long enough. I'm going to withdraw tomorrow. In part as I'm in my apartment at Penn, my check is deposited, and I've already found that great Chinese restaurant which I'll be spending too much money at.

unicorny

New

Post by unicorny » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Admitted today...... going!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Congrats!

Still people dropping like flies I guess, crazy

Eta: What made it so easy for you to choose UChi over Penn but not NYU, and had you already moved into an apartment and stuff?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:52 pm

unicorny wrote:Admitted today...... going!
jelly. Though now that I've moved to NYC, I don't know that I could make that switch

unicorny

New

Post by unicorny » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:01 pm

2014 wrote:Congrats!

Eta: What made it so easy for you to choose UChi over Penn but not NYU, and had you already moved into an apartment and stuff?
Hyde Park will be cheaper than University City. NYU would have been more than double for rent. Although I really don't want to move again, I still have a month to do it and I really love Chicago (and their LRAP)

Still nervous about housing, though.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:05 pm

unicorny wrote:

Hyde Park will be cheaper than University City. NYU would have been more than double for rent. Although I really don't want to move again, I still have a month to do it and I really love Chicago (and their LRAP)

I was admitted last year in early August and found a nice place to live, even after not looking for like 2 weeks. From what I've seen in the c/o 2015 facebook group there are still people looking for roommates, and last year I used http://marketplace.uchicago.edu/apartments successfully.

And congrats!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

unicorny

New

Post by unicorny » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
unicorny wrote:

I was admitted last year in early August and found a nice place to live, even after not looking for like 2 weeks. From what I've seen in the c/o 2015 facebook group there are still people looking for roommates, and last year I used http://marketplace.uchicago.edu/apartments successfully.

And congrats!
Great resource, thanks! Also, I'm glad to know somebody has made this tight timeline work!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:35 pm

unicorny wrote:

yeah, I feel like switching for Chicago would be a lot easier than other places because of this.

unicorny

New

Post by unicorny » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:13 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
unicorny wrote:

yeah, I feel like switching for Chicago would be a lot easier than other places because of this.
Good luck to you. I hope you receive a phone call soon. A friend reminded me that it's just short-term discomfort... Moving is a pain but it's worth it for the right school.

foxylaxy

Bronze

Post by foxylaxy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:29 pm

I got the feeler call in June and heard nothing for months. So, I signed a lease in the northside, but got another feeler call yesterday. Then I got in...with $75k. :shock: I THINK THEY ARE BATSHIT CRAZY. I am so shocked I tried calling the office of admissions, but wait...it's Saturday. So I ended up e-mailing to basically say, "are you sure the decimal is in the right place?!?" I will definitely accept even if it means I ride the bus/train for 3 hours. I guess it was a good thing that for the first feeler call I told them of my NU scholarship. There's still hope!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

daydreamer

Bronze

Post by daydreamer » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:39 pm

foxylaxy wrote:

I got the feeler call in June and heard nothing for months. So, I signed a lease in the northside, but got another feeler call yesterday. Then I got in...with $75k. :shock: I THINK THEY ARE BATSHIT CRAZY. I am so shocked I tried calling the office of admissions, but wait...it's Saturday. So I ended up e-mailing to basically say, "are you sure the decimal is in the right place?!?" I will definitely accept even if it means I ride the bus/train for 3 hours. I guess it was a good thing that for the first feeler call I told them of my NU scholarship. There's still hope!
Wow, that's amazing! Congrats!

Liquox

Bronze

Post by Liquox » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:35 pm

So... just realized I got a call from Ms. Perry yesterday and hurried a call back right now. Am I too late?

The one day my phone breaks... ARG! {insert charlie brown}

Tekuo

New

Post by Tekuo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Liquox wrote:So... just realized I got a call from Ms. Perry yesterday and hurried a call back right now. Am I too late?

The one day my phone breaks... ARG! {insert charlie brown}
That stinks. Especially since its the weekend now. :(

skers

Platinum

Post by skers » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:59 pm

daydreamer wrote:
foxylaxy wrote:

Wow, that's amazing! Congrats!
Getting a little pissed I ed'ed with the money people got off WL.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:05 pm

After seeing Foxy's offer I almost wrote an email today concocting some reason why I might not attend without more but decided against it :?

foxylaxy

Bronze

Post by foxylaxy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:05 pm

:oops: I'm sorries. didn't mean to cause animosity! I realize, in hindsight, it wasn't very tactful. In my second feeler call I was told about students deferring for whatever reason so that is how I probably ended up with more money.
I will donate some of the money I'm saving to alcohol for my fellow 1Ls to make up for my insensitivity :)

Greenandgold

Bronze

Post by Greenandgold » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:47 pm

foxylaxy wrote::oops: I'm sorries. didn't mean to cause animosity! I realize, in hindsight, it wasn't very tactful. In my second feeler call I was told about students deferring for whatever reason so that is how I probably ended up with more money.
I will donate some of the money I'm saving to alcohol for my fellow 1Ls to make up for my insensitivity :)
Heck no, don't feel bad for half a second. You did exactly what anyone else would do. Congrats on the scholarship and welcome to Chicago :)

skers

Platinum

Post by skers » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:35 pm

foxylaxy wrote::oops: I'm sorries. didn't mean to cause animosity! I realize, in hindsight, it wasn't very tactful. In my second feeler call I was told about students deferring for whatever reason so that is how I probably ended up with more money.
Ha, dude I have no problems with you. More with my loan balance.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”