Waitlisted at Chicago (2012)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mr. Somebody

Re: Waitlisted at Chicago (2012)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Wed May 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Really encouraging to see people get in especially splitters. At some point I'd like to do more than watch though :cry:

I hope there are still lots of spots left

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed May 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Really encouraging to see people get in especially splitters. At some point I'd like to do more than watch though :cry:

I hope there are still lots of spots left

It also looks like most of the recent admits have had really solid options outside of Chicago. If they withdraw, it seems like we'd be next in line

RopeisaJoke

Postby RopeisaJoke » Wed May 09, 2012 3:04 pm

To those of you recently admitted: How long did they give you to respond? I have my heart set on Chicago but am starting at Michigan in just three weeks. I am curious how many more draft picks I've got left...

ringo

Postby ringo » Wed May 09, 2012 3:12 pm

RopeisaJoke wrote:To those of you recently admitted: How long did they give you to respond? I have my heart set on Chicago but am starting at Michigan in just three weeks. I am curious how many more draft picks I've got left...

Deposit deadline is May 23.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed May 09, 2012 3:14 pm

ringo wrote:
RopeisaJoke wrote:To those of you recently admitted: How long did they give you to respond? I have my heart set on Chicago but am starting at Michigan in just three weeks. I am curious how many more draft picks I've got left...

Deposit deadline is May 23.

wow, that's pretty far out. Most WL>admits get a lot less time.

cylon_clone

Postby cylon_clone » Wed May 09, 2012 7:00 pm

They just offered me a little money.

I feel like Chicago is a mistress and they're forcing me to end my engagement and cancel my wedding to Michigan. I just don't know why I have such a strong attachment to Michigan - it goes against common sense. I'm trying make a quick decision to be considerate to other people on the WL, but this is a REALLY hard decision.

jim-green

Postby jim-green » Wed May 09, 2012 7:08 pm

cylon_clone wrote:They just offered me a little money. I feel like Chicago is a mistress and they're forcing me to end my engagement and cancel my wedding to Michigan. I just don't know why I have such a strong attachment to Michigan - it goes against common sense. I'm trying make a quick decision to be considerate to other people on the WL, but this is a REALLY hard decision.
Why not Boalt instead of Michigan before Chi came along?

cylon_clone

Postby cylon_clone » Wed May 09, 2012 7:43 pm

jim-green wrote:
cylon_clone wrote:They just offered me a little money. I feel like Chicago is a mistress and they're forcing me to end my engagement and cancel my wedding to Michigan. I just don't know why I have such a strong attachment to Michigan - it goes against common sense. I'm trying make a quick decision to be considerate to other people on the WL, but this is a REALLY hard decision.
Why not Boalt instead of Michigan before Chi came along?

I went to Berkeley's ASW and wasn't blown away. And after spending a week in California, I realized I never wanted to live there - more of a vacatio spot. Berkeley's slight (and possibly temporary) rankings advantage over Michigan pretty much disappears once the West Coast job market is ruled out. (still love Stanford though).

luxxe

Postby luxxe » Wed May 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Congrats to the admits!!

Though all the splitter acceptances make me think GPAs are not what they are after :(.

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Thu May 10, 2012 5:32 pm

this only seems to happen to me, but i got another grade request, this time from uchi. anyone else?

also is it bad that my grades haven't improved? i mean, i worked hard last year and pulled my gpa out of the gutters, then i got two jobs during the fall to save up for law school, so my fall grades do nothing for or against my gpa. is that bad i didn't continue to improve?

really want uchi. still hoping to stay out of the south...

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Thu May 10, 2012 7:56 pm

To those considering Chicago off the WL over Michigan, we over in the Michigan wait list thread would give you many dozens of freshly baked cookies with milk if you would be so kind as to take your Chicago acceptance and run with it! :)

Let's start this wonderful WL ripple into full gear!!

cylon_clone

Postby cylon_clone » Thu May 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Cartman wrote:To those considering Chicago off the WL over Michigan, we over in the Michigan wait list thread would give you many dozens of freshly baked cookies with milk if you would be so kind as to take your Chicago acceptance and run with it! :)

I do enjoy fresh baked cookies and milk (if it's chocolate almond milk)...

I'm revisiting Ann Arbor this weekend to see if I still like A2 (once the slight drunken haze from ASW has worn off). Maybe hit up Zingerman's...see a few apartments just for comparative purposes. Then I'm visiting Chicago next weekend. If I don't get robbed then I'll likely leave with a good impression of the school/city...we'll see.

I hope you get off the UMich wl, Cartman.

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Thu May 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Liquox wrote:this only seems to happen to me, but i got another grade request, this time from uchi. anyone else?

also is it bad that my grades haven't improved? i mean, i worked hard last year and pulled my gpa out of the gutters, then i got two jobs during the fall to save up for law school, so my fall grades do nothing for or against my gpa. is that bad i didn't continue to improve?

really want uchi. still hoping to stay out of the south...

An improvement would be ideal but obviously if they want your grades they're still interested

So I would call it good news for you. Also good news for the rest of us because it means they are still planning to pull off the waitlist

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu May 10, 2012 10:46 pm

cylon_clone wrote:
Cartman wrote:To those considering Chicago off the WL over Michigan, we over in the Michigan wait list thread would give you many dozens of freshly baked cookies with milk if you would be so kind as to take your Chicago acceptance and run with it! :)

I'm revisiting Ann Arbor this weekend to see if I still like A2 (once the slight drunken haze from ASW has worn off). Maybe hit up Zingerman's...see a few apartments just for comparative purposes. Then I'm visiting Chicago next weekend. If I don't get robbed then I'll likely leave with a good impression of the school/city...we'll see.

Hyde Park blows and is basically not in the city. You should go to Michigan :wink:

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Fri May 11, 2012 1:32 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
cylon_clone wrote:

Hyde Park blows and is basically not in the city. You should go to Michigan :wink:

+1, though not speaking for ourselves, pick the one that you fall in love with

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri May 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Have both deposit deadlines passed already?

RopeisaJoke

Postby RopeisaJoke » Fri May 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Really? No updates all week?

justicefishy

Postby justicefishy » Fri May 18, 2012 7:12 pm

I think we'll hear next week. The second deposit deadline is the 23rd.

zapcaz

Postby zapcaz » Wed May 23, 2012 11:58 am

Dear Chicago,

The silence is deafening. How about a few phone calls to those still on the waitlist.

Sincerely,

Everyone that would give their firstbon child to attend.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed May 23, 2012 1:19 pm

zapcaz wrote:Dear Chicago,

The silence is deafening. How about a few phone calls to those still on the waitlist.

Sincerely,

I really just wish I knew how far down the list I am. If I'm at the bottom, or far enough down that acceptance is freakishly unlikely, please let me know!!!!

cylon_clone

Postby cylon_clone » Wed May 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Another place should be opening up on the wl soon. Just withdrew. Hopefully someone who will be happy there will get my URM spot and $.

Good luck all.
Last edited by cylon_clone on Wed May 23, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luxxe

Postby luxxe » Wed May 23, 2012 9:49 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:

Sincerely,

I really just wish I knew how far down the list I am. If I'm at the bottom, or far enough down that acceptance is freakishly unlikely, please let me know!!!!

Pretty sure that is all any of us want to know. My desire to move anywhere but the east coast is shrinking by the day.

justicefishy

Postby justicefishy » Thu May 24, 2012 2:02 am

luxxe wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

Sincerely,

Pretty sure that is all any of us want to know. My desire to move anywhere but the east coast is shrinking by the day.

I have my apartment deposit down in Philly, my roommate picked out, and even the Chinese restaurant I'll be frequenting for carryout decided on. Chicago, if you're going to swoop me away, it's got to be today.

zapcaz

Postby zapcaz » Thu May 24, 2012 11:43 am

I'm almost surprised that we haven't had an update since the 5/13 waitlist confirmation deadline. An email with any sort of update would be so nice right now! My hope is quickly vanishing...

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Thu May 24, 2012 12:05 pm

zapcaz wrote:I'm almost surprised that we haven't had an update since the 5/13 waitlist confirmation deadline. An email with any sort of update would be so nice right now! My hope is quickly vanishing...

Im wondering if the lack of WL movement from HYS is having a trickle down effect and slowing down CCN, since the latter generally takes the unwanted crumbs from the former

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”