Waitlisted at Chicago (2012) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Platinum

Re: Waitlisted at Chicago (2012)

Post by 2014 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Yeah it's not like you took money from any of us or anything, no shame in it and we are all glad for you here :P

foxylaxy

Bronze

Post by foxylaxy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:05 pm

2014 wrote:Yeah it's not like you took money from any of us or anything, no shame in it and we are all glad for you here :P
okay phewww. offer for alcohol still stands 8)

Liquox

Bronze

Post by Liquox » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:55 am

TemporarySaint wrote:
daydreamer wrote:
foxylaxy wrote:
DuBonVin7 wrote:So... scratch everything I said yesterday, I just got in! So excited to be at Chicago in a few months!

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
I got the feeler call in June and heard nothing for months. So, I signed a lease in the northside, but got another feeler call yesterday. Then I got in...with $75k. :shock: I THINK THEY ARE BATSHIT CRAZY. I am so shocked I tried calling the office of admissions, but wait...it's Saturday. So I ended up e-mailing to basically say, "are you sure the decimal is in the right place?!?" I will definitely accept even if it means I ride the bus/train for 3 hours. I guess it was a good thing that for the first feeler call I told them of my NU scholarship. There's still hope!
Wow, that's amazing! Congrats!
Getting a little pissed I ed'ed with the money people got off WL.
Does eding drop your odds for money?

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:11 am

Liquox wrote: Does eding drop your odds for money?
The two schools of thought are that 1. You only ED if you wouldn't get in otherwise, or 2. They have you committed at sticker, why would they give you money? In both of those cases you wouldn't be competitive for scholarships so yeah EDing usually drops your odds.

This cycle was weird though and most of the ED admits would probably have got in with money off the WL.

Are you thinking about reapplying this year or something?

Liquox

Bronze

Post by Liquox » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm

2014 wrote:
Liquox wrote: Does eding drop your odds for money?
The two schools of thought are that 1. You only ED if you wouldn't get in otherwise, or 2. They have you committed at sticker, why would they give you money? In both of those cases you wouldn't be competitive for scholarships so yeah EDing usually drops your odds.

This cycle was weird though and most of the ED admits would probably have got in with money off the WL.

Are you thinking about reapplying this year or something?
Nah, I called them back this morning. They something about a meeting, but they're pretty sure I'm in? (Not sure what's going on, but this is definitely the best day of my year.) I asked because my best bud's applying next year and he can't affording law school w/o money.

Thanks a lot man.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Dinged today. lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”