Wait list Venting 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Excellent117
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby Excellent117 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:57 am

commoner wrote:I disagree that WL is a soft rejection. I got offered admittance to UVA after a long wait. You just gotta believe and hope they like you. In some ways I think the WL is a way to separate those who can get better financial aid and those who will enrich the law school's coffers.


As in, you think those who are willing/able to attend UVA at sticker are given priority from WL's?

kmh504
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby kmh504 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:40 am

Blumpbeef wrote:Did a google search for "Held at NU"

First result: Live sex toy demonstration held on Northwestern campus


I love professor Bailey! I mean the class was called " Human Sexuality"

- proud wildcat lol

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby doceydoe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Is it just me, or does the law school application process feel like dating?

There's that girl who is steady on your jock (ehem, Candy Kallen)....ALWAYS with the e-mails, brochures, fee waivers (Florida Coastal, St. Thomas University, CUNY Law, NY Law). You entertained the idea of you two as a couple, but your friends intervened and you came to your senses....So you give 'em a polite smile, gentle rejection, resume studying for your retake, in essence you're not that into her...but she won't take "no" for an answer. (Quit inviting me to admitted students' day. I withdrew my application last week!)

Then, the "nice" guy or girl....All those non-T14 schools that offer you schollies, fee waivers, and travel stipends. They're well regarded in your region and what not....but they just don't have that "spark." Feelings are lukewarm on your part. You say you're going to visit (hell, the school even offered to pay!) but you just can't bring yourself to RSVP....even when it's as simple as completing a SurveyMonkey form.

And then there's that special school. Maybe you met at a law school fair? Your pre-law advisor pushed you towards the admissions representative. ("Go talk to her, she's by herself!")So you grow a pair and approach her. Surprisingly, she laughs at your jokes and leans in close when you talk! She is giving you ALL the signals. She may have winked and slipped you a fee waiver code. GREAT body (beautiful campus), comes from a good family (impressive alumni network and bar passage rate). Okay, she's a little high maintenance (COA is staggering, but so what? She is worth EVERY penny) So you decide to ask her out (submit an app)....and you're waitlisted. For a while, you thought the worst she could say was "no." No, the worst she can say is, "maybe."

So, GW...you waitlisted me. But, hey, I'm still up for coffee sometime! Preferably, in the fall of 2012. After Torts or maybe Contracts? Hit me up. :wink:

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby USMCMatt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:03 pm

doceydoe wrote:Is it just me, or does the law school application process feel like dating?

There's that girl who is steady on your jock (ehem, Candy Kallen)....ALWAYS with the e-mails, brochures, fee waivers (Florida Coastal, St. Thomas University, CUNY Law, NY Law). You entertained the idea of you two as a couple, but your friends intervened and you came to your senses....So you give 'em a polite smile, gentle rejection, resume studying for your retake, in essence you're not that into her...but she won't take "no" for an answer. (Quit inviting me to admitted students' day. I withdrew my application last week!)

Then, the "nice" guy or girl....All those non-T14 schools that offer you schollies, fee waivers, and travel stipends. They're well regarded in your region and what not....but they just don't have that "spark." Feelings are lukewarm on your part. You say you're going to visit (hell, the school even offered to pay!) but you just can't bring yourself to RSVP....even when it's as simple as completing a SurveyMonkey form.

And then there's that special school. Maybe you met at a law school fair? Your pre-law advisor pushed you towards the admissions representative. ("Go talk to her, she's by herself!")So you grow a pair and approach her. Surprisingly, she laughs at your jokes and leans in close when you talk! She is giving you ALL the signals. She may have winked and slipped you a fee waiver code. GREAT body (beautiful campus), comes from a good family (impressive alumni network and bar passage rate). Okay, she's a little high maintenance (COA is staggering, but so what? She is worth EVERY penny) So you decide to ask her out (submit an app)....and you're waitlisted. For a while, you thought the worst she could say was "no." No, the worst she can say is, "maybe."

So, GW...you waitlisted me. But, hey, I'm still up for coffee sometime! Preferably, in the fall of 2012. After Torts or maybe Contracts? Hit me up. :wink:


One of the best....I love it.

And you are so right...Candy is incorrigible.

User avatar
maddie89
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby maddie89 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Wait listed at a school with a personal recommendation to the dean from the man who the law school is named after... I in no way think that should guarantee acceptance or anything but I had a strong application as well. Errrrrggg.
Last edited by maddie89 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chriz
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby Chriz » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:12 pm

maddie89 wrote:Wait listed at a school with a personal recommendation to the dean from the man who the law school is named after... I in know way think that should guarantee acceptance or anything but I had a strong application as well. Errrrrggg.


I really hope that you are talking about George Washington University.

User avatar
maddie89
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby maddie89 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Chriz wrote:
maddie89 wrote:Wait listed at a school with a personal recommendation to the dean from the man who the law school is named after... I in no way think that should guarantee acceptance or anything but I had a strong application as well. Errrrrggg.


I really hope that you are talking about George Washington University.


Nope. Baylor University.

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby Nammertat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Chriz wrote:
maddie89 wrote:Wait listed at a school with a personal recommendation to the dean from the man who the law school is named after... I in know way think that should guarantee acceptance or anything but I had a strong application as well. Errrrrggg.


I really hope that you are talking about George Washington University.


LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vkgarrett
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 2:35 pm

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby vkgarrett » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Argh... so many wait lists as well. I sent in a few LOCI, but who knows... SUCH a waiting game. I'm going to have to make a decision too...

I'm bummed b/c one of my waitlist schools is my hands down number one choice... except if I get in off the waitlist theres not gonna be a scholarship for me... has anyone had any experience w/ negotiating a scholarship off the waitlist? I feel like there's no leverage you can really use there, and they will just say ok, i'll go to the next waitlist person if you dont want to pay full price...

User avatar
tooswolle
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 am

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby tooswolle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 pm

vkgarrett wrote:Argh... so many wait lists as well. I sent in a few LOCI, but who knows... SUCH a waiting game. I'm going to have to make a decision too...

I'm bummed b/c one of my waitlist schools is my hands down number one choice... except if I get in off the waitlist theres not gonna be a scholarship for me... has anyone had any experience w/ negotiating a scholarship off the waitlist? I feel like there's no leverage you can really use there, and they will just say ok, i'll go to the next waitlist person if you dont want to pay full price...


Such is a problem you maybe faced with. I withdrew from many waitlists at the time I was informed. Only one school had someone contact me and persuade me to stay on (a higher up person). I've been in correspondence assuming that aid will be provided and have listed current offers. Sometimes you need to weight the pros and cons I won't accept a spot off any waitlist if sticker is my fate there isn't much to justify such risks.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:16 pm

doceydoe wrote:Is it just me, or does the law school application process feel like dating?

There's that girl who is steady on your jock (ehem, Candy Kallen)....ALWAYS with the e-mails, brochures, fee waivers (Florida Coastal, St. Thomas University, CUNY Law, NY Law). You entertained the idea of you two as a couple, but your friends intervened and you came to your senses....So you give 'em a polite smile, gentle rejection, resume studying for your retake, in essence you're not that into her...but she won't take "no" for an answer. (Quit inviting me to admitted students' day. I withdrew my application last week!)

Then, the "nice" guy or girl....All those non-T14 schools that offer you schollies, fee waivers, and travel stipends. They're well regarded in your region and what not....but they just don't have that "spark." Feelings are lukewarm on your part. You say you're going to visit (hell, the school even offered to pay!) but you just can't bring yourself to RSVP....even when it's as simple as completing a SurveyMonkey form.

And then there's that special school. Maybe you met at a law school fair? Your pre-law advisor pushed you towards the admissions representative. ("Go talk to her, she's by herself!")So you grow a pair and approach her. Surprisingly, she laughs at your jokes and leans in close when you talk! She is giving you ALL the signals. She may have winked and slipped you a fee waiver code. GREAT body (beautiful campus), comes from a good family (impressive alumni network and bar passage rate). Okay, she's a little high maintenance (COA is staggering, but so what? She is worth EVERY penny) So you decide to ask her out (submit an app)....and you're waitlisted. For a while, you thought the worst she could say was "no." No, the worst she can say is, "maybe."

So, GW...you waitlisted me. But, hey, I'm still up for coffee sometime! Preferably, in the fall of 2012. After Torts or maybe Contracts? Hit me up. :wink:


I don't even give dem tricks the time ah day.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby Geneva » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:44 pm

PinkRevolver wrote:
tropicanax wrote:
USMCMatt wrote:Anybody willing to give an example of their stellar LOCIs?


+1

and just wondering, do most people put in a deposit to another school and make living arrangements knowing that if they were to get off the waitlist, they'd ditch the previous plans?



That's exactly what I plan on doing if I haven't gotten off my wait list by 4/15....*sigh*


Yes, this! Por favor let's get a LOCI bank going. Also, I agree w/ the dating analogy. Somehow being waitlisted makes me want the school more, whereas being accepted takes away the appeal of the school. The grass is always greener type dealio=the story of my cycle.

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby USMCMatt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:16 pm

I am writing to inform you that you have been placed on the waiting list for admission to 2012 entering class at the University of Washington School of Law.

NOOOOOOO!!!!! UW!! I love you. Please don't tease me.

arae13
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby arae13 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:24 pm

doceydoe wrote:There's that girl who is steady on your jock (ehem, Candy Kallen)


This made my day.

User avatar
tooswolle
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 am

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby tooswolle » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:06 pm

arae13 wrote:
doceydoe wrote:There's that girl who is steady on your jock (ehem, Candy Kallen)


This made my day.


+180

FutureMissEsq.
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby FutureMissEsq. » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:33 pm

seriously Drexel?!? They bombard me with apply emails, so i apply because its free, now even though im above their 75th they have the audacity to waitlist me?? I didnt even want to go here, but now i am officially snubbed and officially pissed at such a decision- F U Drexel. F U.

User avatar
tooswolle
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 am

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby tooswolle » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:16 pm

To my fellow waitlistes don't give up! I got offered a deferred admission to a top ranked program and $$ as well. My advice is as follows keep in contact with the Dean or the designated person of contact. Write a compelling letter of continued interest (be sincere and set yourself apart this isn't a time to be modest; so PEACOCK YOURSELF!!) mention other offers if they are competitive offers (competitive either by rank or the amount of scholarship you're offered) do so in a tactiful manner though. Best of luck to all of those waiting!!!

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Wait list Venting 2012

Postby gravityrides0 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:08 pm

Wait List Queen checking in...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Long shot hero, SNightHighlights and 23 guests