John Marshall Law (Chicago)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JackAdam

Re: John Marshall Law (Chicago)

Postby JackAdam » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:31 am

Has anybody received a scholarship?

Airallie

Postby Airallie » Tue May 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi-
Anyone on the wait list for August and accepted for December hear anything from JMLS recently? I emailed the wait list questionnaire and since then heard nothing from them. Anyone else in my boat or a different one? Also do we know if they will be taking people off the wait list to start in August?

Airallie

Postby Airallie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:15 am

To recap;
I was accepted for the January term and was placed on the waiting list for August. On June 14th, I was emailed a questionnaire regarding my continuing interest. I responded by checking the box which indicated the following;
Please keep me on the waitlist for fall 2012. I hope to start this fall, but plan to enroll for January 2013 if there are no openings in the August entering class.
Since then I have heard nothing from JMLS. I got worried and made my friend double check that I had sent out the email and checked the right box. He verified it. I also sent out an 2nd email more then a week ago to make sure they got my email and ask how we should be checking our waitlist status.

So here goes 1. Is anyone else in this boat, or have you gotten a response? 2. Should I be worried?

Airallie

Postby Airallie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:23 am

Sorry got the questionnaire email on 4/17.

Airallie

Postby Airallie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi-
In case someone is in the same boat I am in, I would suggest you call the school. I did and they told me that they did not receive my emails (questionnaire and follow up) which I sent then through an I-phone. I also asked about how we would be notified re the wait list. They said they would call, email and send snail mail. Good luck all!
Airallie wrote:To recap;
I was accepted for the January term and was placed on the waiting list for August. On June 14th, I was emailed a questionnaire regarding my continuing interest. I responded by checking the box which indicated the following;
Please keep me on the waitlist for fall 2012. I hope to start this fall, but plan to enroll for January 2013 if there are no openings in the August entering class.
Since then I have heard nothing from JMLS. I got worried and made my friend double check that I had sent out the email and checked the right box. He verified it. I also sent out an 2nd email more then a week ago to make sure they got my email and ask how we should be checking our waitlist status.

So here goes 1. Is anyone else in this boat, or have you gotten a response? 2. Should I be worried?

Airallie

Postby Airallie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Glad to see that they will be taking at least a few of the waiting list

androstan

Postby androstan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:02 pm

--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

16 to 21 percent non-employed 9 months out. That is all.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:03 pm

androstan wrote:--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

I was wondering how long it would take for one of you douchebags to show up. STFU and go the fuck away.

IsTheFatLadySinging

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:10 pm

bjsesq wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

I was wondering how long it would take for one of you douchebags to show up. STFU and go the fuck away.

:shock:

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:11 pm

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:
bjsesq wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

If you want to spread some gospel, do it in the appropriate thread. This ain't it. Let them do their thing.

Postby 20121109 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:38 pm

bjsesq wrote:
bjsesq wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

If you want to spread some gospel, do it in the appropriate thread. This ain't it. Let them do their thing.

I agree with bjsesq's sentiment, though I would have worded it a lil more sensitively.

Pointing out how terrible employment stats are in an admissions thread is inappropriate. Please make a separate thread to discuss such matters. Let those who want to discuss acceptances, denials and waitlists do so in their own thread.

Malakai

Postby Malakai » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:06 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

I agree with bjsesq's sentiment, though I would have worded it a lil more sensitively.

Pointing out how terrible employment stats are in an admissions thread is inappropriate. Please make a separate thread to discuss such matters. Let those who want to discuss acceptances, denials and waitlists do so in their own thread.

Your SN is in such bright pink letters on the TLS forum page that I was compelled to read this lol

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”